Springer's helicpoter blade/sword

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nic28, Mar 9, 2008.

1. nic28

nic28 warrior

Springer's blade/sword is this piece rare or was it so easily lost that i can't find one? I have checked a bunch of websites that sell transformer parts and toys and have checked on this site to i can't seem to find one. Is there any other sites that i could check?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yeah it's pretty hard to find. I had a chance to get one for $25 in trade and passed. Years later I still don't have one and I'm regretting that decision. Purchasing a complete figure is easiest way to get one.

3. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

That sword is alot more expensive than the figure itself.

The price for 3rd season characters are weird, springer is one of the more expensive one(For whatever reason I don't know), same goes for gnaw.

The cheapest non-mini bots are probably Kup/hotrod, don't know why because those are both nice figures. Maybe because the reissues.

Seems alot of the high price figures have one thing in common: Without the accessories it just doesn't look good.(Gnaw, Springer, Blurr, Wheeljack, etc)

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Springer is unusual. The blade does not break easily, it's not particularly small so I really do not know why it goes for more than say Hot Rod's guns? Springer is a popular character so that may have something to do with it. Springer's gun is kinda hard to find also but that may be because the chrome fades / flakes easily. Gnaws tail and gun are expensive I believe because some people have multiples and the tail is easily lost. Finally, yes Springer has not been reissued so that adds to the value. If they reissued him or if repro blades were easy to find the price would drop dramatically of course. I personally would not pay $25 for the blades. Be patient you will find one. If I can find one at the parts party while at Botcon I'll hook ya up.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, like Megamus said, the blades get chrome wear fast. It is hard to find them in nice shape. I always wanted to upgrade mine, but never found the part.

As said, it's easier to get it with a complete figure.