Heavy/Scratch: Springer [WIP]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Jun 18, 2011.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    A little early WIP on something I've been working on for slowly for the last week. Snagged a DOTM Skyhammer last weekend and decided to get to work. I took apart the chest and removed the screw that held the blades in place. I cut off two of the blades (may use them as weapons for him later). His hand will be modded just a bit to be able to hold as a weapon (think Darth Maul and his dual-bladed lightsaber from The Phantom Menace). I'm also giving him an extra Drift sword I had to use as a weapon. The head is a Universe Sunstreaker head that I'm modding with sheet styrene. I also modded the arms to they can transform the way you see them--this improves his arm proportions a bit (they're not lower than the knees now and it seems to slim up the overall bot mode a bit--not as wide-shouldered). I may change the way the arms sit in bot mode, so these may not be final. The only real major mods will be the head and maybe a scratchbuilt chest plate that will attach (maybe similar to G1's toon and toy look).

The kicker: I'm working on a 3rd alt mode (not a car--more of a hover car/rocket race car type of thing from mistransforming him). The head is still being worked on and the green paint you see was a test to see if that's the shade I want (I'll also be using a Tamiya Nato Green along with that to do the light greens and dark greens, then of course, some yellow here and there).

Here are some WIP shots and ideas I'm working on in between other projects. The head is still a WIP and needs more styrene and bulking up a bit around the bottom (may need to mod the shoulders a bit to allow it to fit if it gets much larger though).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Awesome, Brian! I probably gonna try this too. Can I nick your idea? :p 

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    No problem at all, Symon! It won't be 100% G1, but I think I'll like this better than the FP Warbot Defender. I missed out on that sucker, but this was much cheaper, readily available, and I know I can do some modding to get what I'd like out of it. :)  lol

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Have you thought of giving him a hydrafoil mode by moving the wings together under the belly? Giving him a fourth alt mode.

5. Drekar

Drekar Well-Known Member

That looks to be a great start, cant wait to see it finished

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That's looking awesome so far. A bit iffy on the third mode, but it kind of comes with the territory.

Looking forward to more.

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks great,the new head really makes this non-movish....

8. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

love it. want, if i can only find that toy now.

9. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    likey. interested in how the scheme pans out.

10. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

Niiiiice... Springer was the first thing that came into my mind after seeing some reviews of the Skyhammer mold, but seeing you building it into Springer looks pretty sweet and impressive so far man!

I gotta get me a Skyhammer and try something similar like that some time... Either way good luck with the build man