Springer/Ratbat 2-pack...worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I don't have Cybertron Evac or Sideways. I skipped Evac because I didn't like the colors, and never got a chance to get Sideways. I loved the look of the Sideways toy, so I'd like to get him.

Right now, Energon Bulkhead is my stand-in for Springer, but does the new Springer fit the character better? I kind of think so, but I don't know if the Evac and Sideways molds are any good.

What do you guys suggest? Is this two-pack worth picking up?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well, Sideways is a brilliant toy. I don't have Evac, but I have transformed my nephew's, and he seemd pretty damn good. So mould-wise at least, I'd say the pack's a winner.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have Sideways. One of my favorites.
    I had Evac, didn't like it very much. (completely irrelevant to anything)
    I have Blades (Evac repaint, to be released). Absolutely stunning.

So... Like Draven said... Mold wise, it's good. Color wise... I guess it's alright.

Personally, I'm going to pass. Just because I don't do repaints. And Blades is a damn near perfect use of the Evac mold.

4. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want them, cause i need a springer, and a cybertron mode WW ratbat would be neato, but i like the blades version of the evac mold better, and dont need both of them. ill wait and see i guess.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm really looking forward to the set myself. I thought Sideways and Evac were great figures, well designed and articulated with good gimmicks that didn't intrude on the toy. Both are clever repaints, with the recent Botcon Springer as car mode and this one as helicopter, and Ratbat from Sideways is brilliant use of the mold.

It's the other two-pack that seems like a waste to me...

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Here's another question: On Evac/Springer/Blades, can you remove the hook and rotor assemblies? I mean, I'm sure can be removed, so to speak, but are they designed to be detachable? I looked for some pics online, but couldn't see any evidence of their detachability (ooh, spell check not liking that one).

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I'm definately getting the set, theother set is killing me, though. I want Roadbuster, but not that crappy excuse for Dirge.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    No, they're permanently on.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Purely based on the moulds, I'd say totally go for it. I didn't buy Evac and Sideways for the characters, because the fiction didn't do anything for me (I've hardly even seen any Cybertron); I got them entirely for the toys.

Sideways (Ratbat) is a pretty darn cool mould; interesting jet mode, and good range of weapons in robot mode (the wing blades can either be stored on the legs, or be used as either two separate swords, or a Darth Maul/Klingon bat'leth-style twin bladed weapon), and the thing on his left arm can be deployed as a cannon or another bladed weapon). He can be virtually any kind of fighter you want!

Blaze Master (I repainted my Evac into an upgrade of the Micromaster character), the Springer fig, is again fantastic. Pretty realistic helicopter mode; working rotor blades and winch; flip-out twin missile launchers; good-looking, articulated robot mode (with two main configurations - the tail pieces can be positioned out as 'wings' or down flat against his back).
    Probably one of my favourites from the Cybertron line, actually.

10. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good pack, pick it up for MSRP

11. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'll be getting both Target comic 2 packs because I missed out on the molds originally AND it'll help me fill up my character slots. Springer is a fig I been wanting in at least a chopper form and Ratbat is also a fig I wanted in a similar state to his WW self. I love the fact that Ratbat has an Ultracon symbol. All the Target comics packs are a must buy for me.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll let you know if it's worth getting when I see one in stores. :) 

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When's the release date? We haven't been seeing these on ebay so not anytime soon?

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Ratbat seems like a decent toy and an excellent use of the mold to represent the character but the Evac mold is better suited for Blades then Springer imo, especially when E bulkhead or even the botcon Springer better fit the character. Or at least imo. I know I'll be getting Blades over any other version of the repaint, but I would still love to get Ratbat somehow. Hopefully I'll be able to go halves on a set from another member here who wants Springer but not Rats.

Much like how I only want ratbat and not Springer, I only want Dirge from that set and not Roadbuster. If worst comes to worst, I'd be willing to go halves on that one too. :thumb 

15. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm gonna use Dirge as Icestorm for my Stormbringers Seekers Squadron. I really want Springer and Roadbuster for my Wreckers and Ratbat for my Ultracons. It all works out perfectly for me.

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Evac and Sideways are both awesome molds. Since I didn't watch the show much, I don't really have any attachment to them as characters. Sideways' color scheme was pretty good as is; never much cared for Evac's. Ratbat is a perfect use of the Sideways mold, but I would have preferred Evac = Whirl to match the Legends repaint and to complement Roadbuster in the other 2-pack. Between the Blades and Springer that we're getting though, I think I actually like Blades better...but I really want Ratbat and I ain't buying 'Evac' three times. Springer can keep his Botcon counterpart company.

17. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    What I like is that the cost for the 2 pack is 19.99, the same as a normal Voyager but it comes with a Deluxe and a Comic, that's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

18. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Agreed...it's a pretty much no-brainer for me...especially at that price...I need a robot for both characters in my classics collection and both repaints look great (may mod Springer for his third form)...my only fear is these things being hard to come by...

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

If that's the case then I'd have no problems buying them and selling off the extra characters.

20. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what scares me too, that they're are gonna be hard to find. I'm hoping to get both 2 packs though, I really want them.