Springer or Ultra Magnus for a movieverse debu first?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Who would want in movieverse more.

1. Springer

31.7%
  2. Ultra Magnus

39.7%
  3. Both

30.2%
  4. I dont like either of the characters....

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Figured PrimePower04 would enjoy this one.
    But I'm curious about the two and what results they would get from fans if one was to debu in the Live Action movies first.
    So there is a (Multi Choice) Poll for who you would like. And there is Speculation for the ups and downs of what it would be for Springer and Ultra Magnus to step onto the big Screen.

Springer's Good Parts: The fact that he can fly. This would be a thing that would be an advantage. Or then he could be a Car... but most people would want him to be a Helicoptor. And he is a bit more heroic and powerfull in Melee attacks than Magnus.

Magnus' Bad Bits: He haul's around other Bot's when they themselves have wheels to get them places. Kinda dumb... but he may not do that in the movieverse. Amd he also was a bit... meh not that awesome.

Discuss!

2. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I voted for Springer. He is a warrior -- head of the Wreckers -- and I think the Autobots need a true warrior on their side in the movie reality. I know they have Ironhide at the minute, but they need another one. Don't get me wrong, I love Ultra Magnus. However, I always found his G1 character a little boring and his alt mode would be too similar to Optimus Prime's. If they had him being something like his IDW character -- an independent enforcer of the Geneva Convention-like Tyrest Accords -- I think that would be interesting.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want both characters to be in, but I have a feeling Springer may show up in ROTF. I could be wrong. I think Optimus needs a fellow commander to empower the bots, but then again I also want to see Prowl, but...

I don't know. Both, I guess.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked both.

5. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Agreed.

6. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I picked both.

7. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Magnus is cool...but springer is one of the coolest depicted characters in the TF universe...I love him, he is like a heroic warrior without all the credit..lol..good thread starscreamer95....hopefully we see him jumping around battlefields on june 24

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked neither.

We don't need another 'leader' for the Autobots. That'd just confuse movie fans (who are new to the franchise) as to why Prime was even needed in the first place. That and Magnus was always boring.

I thought Springer had a Legends figure, assuring him a spot in the Movie-verse? At least in the franchise if not in the movie itself.

A lot of these topics come off as 'Who do you think deserves to be in the movie?", when who ends up in the movie boils down to who makes sense and who the writers/producers/director want there. If they put characters in solely for fan-appreciation, it'd be nothing but fan-wank and do poory.

9. PrimePower04

I def agree with u about the leader part, I was just thinking that so i put a commen t similar in the ask roberto thread....magnus would confuse people cuz of the similarities w/ prime...semi/ leader/ ????...maguns has always been boring to. however springer would not be a leader, i think he would be more like a youthful workhorse...similar to ironhide but 20 instead of 35

10. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i would prefer having magnus in the movieverse more than springer but springer should come in this movie so ultra magnus can help op kick serious ass in movie 3

11. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

Thats providing Ops 'lives' past this film! I go Ultra Magnus b4 Springer though, cos he can carry the troops into battle...

12. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Would like to see both of them.
    A triplechanger is always a great Idea!
    And Ultra Magnus....he´s Ultra...he´s Magnus Have to be "KABOOOOOOM!!!"

13. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

I say neither. We already have/had a truck and a helicopter. I want more original characters.

14. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Springer... He is easily replaced.

15. PrimePower04

they all have wheels and are much faster than magnus....a transport would be pointless

16. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I wouldnt mind seeing both of them turn up but i def would go with ultra magnus before springer IMO. I guess well have to just wait and see if it may happen in the future.