Digibash: springer botcon/comics 2 pack digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by DJCHARTERS, May 18, 2008.

1. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just thought id post this picture of a furture bash i plan to do as soon as this is released. all comments welcome

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Well I think thats cool for Springer. I say go for it.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree...looks good to me. Go for it :thumb 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sure there'll be a fair number of people who'll be swapping heads for their Target exclusive upcoming Universe 2.0 Springers.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm thinking that head looks a little bit small. Could the regular Evac head look sort of like Springer with just a few changes?

I'm trying to remember if there are any other good TF headsculpts that would look like Springer.

zmog

6. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The smaller head could work; it might even make his body look bulkier, which isn't a bad thing considering it's Springer. I would swap their heads right now and take a pic but it appears to be a bitch to get them off.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

While a smaller head might look okay, I have a feeling that would would be too small; there's small head and there's pinhead. It's a pity Energon Bulkhead's looks aged, as that'd be ideal otherwise.

8. catch22

Ebay:
    I did a digi with the head at a size closer to the real thing (at least, my best guess after comparing the real things), and it's a tough call...
    [​IMG]

Edit: actually, it's probably not a tough a call and it just does look down right pinhead-ish

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've already drilled out my Bulkhead's face and replaced it with a new faceplate from one of my many junker Jumpstarters.

I tried to just carve off the mustache, but after the knife slipped, ol' Springer suffered an unexpected rhinoplasty that required me to scrap the whole face... (as well as make a mad dash for the band-aids) :) 

I haven't got a pic of the final face transplant, but it's looking good. Here's a test digibash I did. The TwinTwist face in this image is about proper scale to the head. I've already cut off the two small antennae on the head, though I haven't yet started sanding down the points on the sides of the helmet to get more of the G1 taper.

The question as it relates to this project is whether the Bulkhead head would actually fit on Evac. I'm keeping mine on the Bulkhead body, for obvious reasons. :) 

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/realmonkey/SPRINGERmock2.jpg

(BTW, isn't it kind of stupid that we can't put images in the body of our text in this forum?)

zmog

10. catch22

Ebay:
    That looks pretty good.

I put some work into my Evac today, here's were I'm at:
    [​IMG]

As you can see I'm going for a much more toon accurate color scheme than toy or comic. The chest will be yellow and not light green, however.

11. catch22

Ebay:
    I happened to come across a Bulkhead at a garage sale today. Unfortunately it's missing a lot of its parts so I won't be able to use it for Whirl, but at least I have a head for my (Evac)Springer.

The head DOES fit...for the most part, it's the same size as Evac's stock head. I already popped the visor off, and removing the back antennae pieces will be a piece of cake, but that mustache....oh what a bitch that will be. Hopefully I have better luck and he still has a nose at the end of the day.