Customs: Spring in Skids?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I am putting my Alt Skids back together and have this little box/spring thing and have no idea where it goes. it's somewhere in the hood I think but not 100%.

Help!

2. olas202

olas202 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it goes in the dash. when you turn the roof/dash around to transform it, its spring loaded. I hope that helps!

3. olas202

olas202 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it goes in the dash. when you turn the roof/dash around to transform it, its spring loaded. I hope that helps!

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Spring with cubes on each end? Belongs in the upper leg [thigh] near the knee. You should have two, one for each knee.

There's a steering linkage that attaches to the inside of the front bumper. That's the only thing in the doghouse that's not overly apparent when you start putting things back together.

Like Olas said, the midsection of the roof is spring loaded, but that's not readily accessed unless you've really dug into the project.

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Spring with cubes on each end? Belongs in the upper leg [thigh] near the knee. You should have two, one for each knee.

There's a steering linkage that attaches to the inside of the front bumper. That's the only thing in the doghouse that's not overly apparent when you start putting things back together.

Like Olas said, the midsection of the roof is spring loaded, but that's not readily accessed unless you've really dug into the project.

6. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I think this is what it is. I really took the sucker apart and it came fro mthe front of the vehicle.

7. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I think this is what it is. I really took the sucker apart and it came fro mthe front of the vehicle.