Spread n some holiday cheer!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaos, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

well a couple of days ago i bought junkheap and the thunderwing repaint blackshadow(name slips me)..i was pretty stoaked to find j.heap since i not a once saw a w.gar in spokane..i also picked up steamhammer from PCC line with a free PCC fig(the dude with the purple drill mini con) which i gave to a co worker since i knew he had a 7 year old son as i already had him as well...i did however forewarn him that transformers are addictive so dont be surprised if ur son asks for more bots:D ...

well i go home open up the bots and proceeded to go down to the ark(my man cave) to add them to my collection..to my surprise i had already purchased steamhammer an Co as he was sitting on one of my shelves already.. so i said cool, i'll just give him to my buds son just like before..

the next day my bud comes into work (to give him steamhammer) and says "man i think u got my son hooked on transformers as he wont stop playing with the two u gave him"..i smiled and said "see i told ya"..he replied "yeah my boy is freakin stoaked..."he even said he gave me the directions too dad"..at this point my bud called me uncle burrell and said "yeah uncle burrell is cool isnt he"...and his boy said "is he really my uncle cuz i want to meet him"..i got a kick out of this once he told me the story..so after hearing this i remember i had boxes of transformers i didnt want(unopened) or had doubles of..i even had the whole complete movie line from the first movie stored away because i was deployed and my wife bought them for me to keep me current and up to date..i really never got into the movie line and just kinda kept them around for the sake of them being transformers..

well after getting off work last night i sort through my boxes of bots and just decided to give him all the 1st movie line toys/4-5 animated toys/some cybertron bots/and armada/ energon as well(im sure i missing some)..

so i show up to work feeling good about myself cuz im doing some good..i pull up and immediately remember dude has the day off..so what do i do..as i am higher ranking them him i call him into work and tell him i need to talk to him and its important and he needs to show up asap..dude shows up and we b/s for a while and as he's making his rounds around the shop i sneak off to my car a give him the biggest box of toys he ever seen(his words not mine) to give to his boy....

it felt good and i could see that dude was takin back from it all..and that made me feel like i did a good thing..cant wait till his boy opens up all those bots for x mas and he tells me how excited he was..and with a little luck i made a little kid into a transformer fan...L8s..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Dude, i respect your generosity, to make someone's Xmas better.
    I respect your patience and self-discipline, to leave that many toys unopened.

But i can't help but think that you're the most...well, stupid would sound kind of mean over the internet, but you get where i'm going with this... ;) 

3. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Sounds like me when I was younger,the large box was all I needed to kickstart my collection. But sadly, I had to give all my collection away when we moved house a few years ago. And what was meant to be the wall for my new collection, became a place for my decks. The only tf I have now is the Armada Starscream which sits on my mixer.

4. kaos

no hard feelings man:thumbs2: i know exactly where ya coming from..trust me the thought of price checking some of the items crossed my mine(as i know some of them would fetch a pretty penny)..but i knew i might second guess myself..so with out much thought i gave em away..like i said i had doubles and i never really got into the movie line...the only ones i collect are the ones that can fit into classic's or G1(not many) and the leaders which i bought two of..so im not really to hung up on it..but then again.... i didnt price check yet either..:lol 

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Good for you. You made a kid now have a awesome Christmas. :thumb 

6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That's cool. I just got my little sister hooked on Transformers as well. Everyday she tells me about what she did with her two Transformer toys. I felt bad for her the other day when she lost her Cybertron Hot Shot that I gave her. Luckily I had another to give her as well. I got her a Cyberverse Bumblebee and a Suppressor figure for Christmas.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    kaos...that was indeed a very nice gift to give...the young one may or may not continue to love Transformers, but he will ALWAYS remember getting a box full of them for Xmas on year and the great guy who gave them to him. :thumb 

8. kaos

That's awesome... I know we r not the only ones there got to be more stories out there of us giving away bots. So keep em coming....this in no means is about me feeling good bit making a little one happy. So start a sharing. LOL.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My sister-in-law's brother is big into collecting the Legends Class toys. I've been picking up odd ones for him now and then, top of his wants list right now is an RotF Legends Jolt, I know what I'll be looking for at Botcon for him, haha!

10. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Awwwwww.... That's so sweet of you. But yeah, you now have that kid addicted.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    There are some things worth way more than money... just sayin'

12. kaos

I feel ya. I figured if all of us just did one thing nice once a year it would make this world a better place....and if I can help to make it...I'm all for it....and hell there's no better time then Xmas. L8s.