Spotlight Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bass X0, Oct 19, 2012.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I know Prowl was still on Earth for most of Chaos, I can't remember if BB was. Eitehr way, it's my understanding it's set either right after Police Action or during that two week period between the end of the series and Death of Optimus Prime. So maybe not right between Costa & Barber, but close to it.

2. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, it could very well take place at that point in time, with the Autobots trying to round up some last remaining Decepticon stragglers before they leave Earth. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cons do show up here!

3. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    This wasn't the worst spotlight but it's far from the best. I liked it better than Orion at least which was a surprise. These new spotlights seem quite and unfinished to me some how.

4. Inverse Midas

Inverse Midas Jettisoning weight!

I appreciate this story as part of the building "Metrotitan / Metroplex" arc, but I personally would have preferred anything to do with Thundercracker being part of the current storyline. Hopefully, we will see him soon.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

I didn't like the art at all, but it was still an interesting read all the same.

I like how bludgeon like in his spotlight orian pax appearance was a grade A+ nasty douche bag, who will use any excuse to commit atrocities. I find this interesting as if the decepticons started out as a sympathetic political movement, bludgeon (and bots like him) seems to show how they wilfully crossed the line to monsters.

I am disappointed we didn't get more alpha trion given how ace he was in the last spotlight

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

If you go all the way back to All Hail Megatron, Megatron himself explains this... he went out of his way to recruit monsters and sociopaths to his cause, because he knew that's what he needed to win the revolution. It was revealed that he basically expected to purge them from his "new society" if the Decepticons scored a final victory. They don't meet his standard for ideal Decepticons either... though in Bludgeon's case, he's got other stuff going on scientifically I guess (he's one of Jhiaxus' followers, though he does seem to pop up as a marauder quite often too).

zmog

7. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    The story was good in that it serves to remind everyone of the kind of noble warrior Thundercracker turned out to be in the end of AHM and during the Ongoing. The warrior who believed in the Decepticon cause and stayed blind to what it had become. I assume that he's going to be showing up in RID soon.
    The weird thing is; Did Thundercracker ever leave earth? Did we ever see that happen?

The artwork is okay in some spots and in others makes me wonder how Chee got a job.

The last thing is: WASSSSSPINATOR!!!! as much as I love the cameo from the Beast Wars fav, how is he in this book since he's supposed to be from the G1 future.

Of course that was a previous continuity.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    As far as we know, Thundercracker stayed behind on earth.

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Issue left a bit flat to me. Maybe that's just the effect of coming off of RiD's big twist reveal, but I felt nothing mattered in this issue. It certainly didn't really make me "understand" TC any more either.

Also, it looks like
    Waspinator (and one of the other deluxe insecticons)
    died there. That makes me really sad if he's gone for good. I like the idea of using obscure dudes rather than generics, but some characters deserve better if they are to be included at all. Then again, seeing his durability in his original series, maybe he's still alive.

10. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It was just a blast that hit him in the back. Other characters have survived much worse. Also, that other Insecticon who got attacked was Barrage, and he was pretty alive in Stormbringer.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well Barber said that a character from this spotlight will have a very important role in RID and that it's not the obvious character like Thundercracker or Bumblebee or Bludgeon.

And we did get Sky-byte in RID so I'm hoping for Waspinator to show up as well :D 

12. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is Nightbeat still alive? I thought Hardhead killed him.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Because the story is set right after Autocracy. You know during the war on Cybertron/acros the galaxy?

Seriously people pay a little attention while reading.

14. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah, I read Autocracy but breezed through the series, didn't quite liked it.

edit: Now I see the editor's note, thanks for clearing that up.