Spotlight: Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TreKain, Mar 21, 2007.

1. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I don't know. I'm of two minds when it comes to ravage being able to speak. I found it weird that he talked in this issue, but it never bothered me when he talked in Beast wars.

This issue was really fun, but it didnt really -aleast I feel- focus on soundwave enough. Oh well, it was still a fun read.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Just read it, good issue!

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I was always of the opinion that Ravage could always talk but often chose not to. He was so badass he could communitace intent in growls. Besides, Soundwave's a mindreader. He doesn't need to communicate with Ravage verbally.

4. helix

helix Well-Known Member

im of the "they are pet type creatures" opinion.

i mean why else would he keep them all and they obey him all the time??

saying that : how do you explain Frenzy/rumble?

5. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Only a toon thing. Laserbeak tends to stay with Soundwave because he's a coward who prefers to show up on a battlefield and pick off the survivors. Ravage will team up when it suits his own purposes, and since he and Soundwave are both in espionage...

Only works one way.

They must have encrypted comms channels, but those could be intercepted by the opposition -- if not the content of a message, then the fact a message has been transmitted.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this gets into the comic vs cartoon thing again. Looking at the animal cassettes who got the most personality in the comic continuity..

- Ravage - Spent a lot of time apart from Soundwave and, in the Marvel UK stuff, was often hanging around with Megatron or running his own agenda.
    - Ratbat - Completely autonomous from Soundwave and seems to have risen to a rather high rank in the Decepticon army.

My explanation would be that they're troops under Soundwave's command and obey his orders because he's their superior officer.

7. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

They're SW's midget henchmen. Instant backup. Kinda like the kid who hung out with Scott Farkus in A Christmas Story.

8. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Ravage talked waaaaay back in the first pages of the first Marvel G1 issue, and talked through the miniseries. I can't remember him talking in the US comic after that, but he was quite chatty (and occasionally very smug) in the issues I saw him in the UK comics. I go with independent intelligences who operate with Soundwave as a team, similar to a gestalt team. Same with Blaster and his tapes.

On topic, I really liked the comic. It was a good read, and wasn't over as quickly as many of the comics I buy these days. And the art was crisp and clear also.

9. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The comic was fantastic andby far the best read from IDW in a while. The art was superb and the coloring... I'll just say is better than the main line series. The coloring isn't bad (I am a little dissapointed with Rufflo) but Josh does a much better job! The story was good and very entertaining. And, more happend in this issue than 6 issues of Infiltration! My only nitpick is this: The story was pretty cool and explained some things, but it didn't move the overall storyline along very much. I think the book would have had greater impact if it came out before Stormbringer. Overall a great comic, with an awesome new artist. I only wish more TF comics were this good.

10. JD

JD Well-Known Member

This was a really good read. One of the best. I hope we see more of Soundwave...wait, he isn't in Escalation is he? I haven't been reading.

11. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    No, he's not in Escalation... yet. There has been mention of both him and Shockwave being active on Earth prior to the Decepticon infiltration unit's arrival, but no evidence of them up and about.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    decent issue. i thought the twist with this character was that he was doing something selfless for a change.

felt too short tho.

1 thing too nitpick. if you go by lore, the thingamajig on soundwaves shoulder is not actually a weapon, rather a communication array transmitter housing thingie. it has been used as weapon tho in stock illos and the US comic very early on, but the tech spec states otherwise.

13. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I really enjoyed this issue. I wonder if he is taken from that place at the end will he get a more "updated" alt mode? Interesting!