Spotlight Line-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by nemesisconvoy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i gotta side with victory leo on the dreamwave war with storylines being shoehorned into the idw continuity just after megatron origin

storyline wise megatron origin was intended to serve as a sort of prequel to the very first war with storyline which itself explored the origin of optimus prime and his ascendion from optronix paxion to autobot leader

and sicne war within vol 1 starts just after the death of sentinel prime yes it could concievably take place after megatron origin but most likely some relatively short while after the events which play out in spotlight blurr

and then theres the fact that the characters pre earth character models were salvage striaght on for the most part from the dreamwave war with in character models when dw went under

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    While Megatron Origin was originally written for Dreamwave's continuity, there are too many differences it and the War Within, not to mention the Furman-penned IDW stories for the War Within to fit in anywhere in IDW's continuity.

Sentinel Prime didn't actually die in Megatron Origin. Milne said he was drawn to suggest he could go either way. Also, this Sentinel Prime was represented in a different way compared to the one in The War Within. From what I recall, it was said Dreamwave Sentinel Prime was somebody unprepared for war, and tried to sway Megatron with scripture and sermon. We see in Megatron Origin Sentinel is a tough, gun-happy soldier.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    People are actually arguing that The War Within fits into IDW continuity? Wow, did those people actually read both series? If you use high levels of imagination and heavily edit out certain portions of one or the other, it could fit, but as it stands, no way, no how.

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Whats the deal with Spotlight Nightbeat?

I wanna get it cuz i'm a Nightbeat fan,so whats the consensus?

Also,not a Spotlight but,is Megatron Origin any good?

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    The Spotlight Nightbeat is essentially a setiup for a later story arc in the IDW verse. If you dont read teh rest of the series, it might leave you wanting. But if you're a Nightbeat fan, hey, it's only $4.

6. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Thanks,I was probably gonna get it either way,Nightbeat is soooo cool.

Ive been thinking about getting into the IDW stuff but i'm lost.I don't even know where to start.

Is there a place where I can see a list of the whole series in order(including all the spotlight pieces)?

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yes. It's in this very thread.

8. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Oh,well...heh heh...I'm off then!!

9. Victory Leo

Victory Leo Well-Known Member

Plus the M.D. Bright artwork is nice though not his best.

And Megatron Origin was awesome! Best IDW series yet in my opinion, though I like All Hail Megatron! alot.

As for the War Within in IDW ... I'm still wondering. If you just took the first series what bars it from fitting in IDW? I think the argument for the appearance in the Blurr Spotlight is a weak argument, as is whether Sential Prime is a bad ass. Those are opinions.

The argument against War Within and that the IDW series has Combiners not yet be a reality fully makes complete sense (And could only be ignored if some story came along that suggested they somehow lost the ability...). But that only rules out War Within Dark Ages and Age Of Wrath.

Thoughts?

Victory Leo

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I like combining the two stories in theory, as that sort of thing can be fun to do at times.

However, it's NOT opinion that the two Primes acted differently. They did, and very clearly. I can't speak for Sentinel as I don't remember either versions clearly enough, but the difference between the two Optimi is night and day.

(Please note this is not intended as a flame and I apologise if came off as such.)