Spongebob's Tom Kenny to voice Starscream in Transformers Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I know that this guy is a very talented voice actor and I bet he has the range and versatility to give us a great starscream performance remeniscant of Chris Latta. I'll put money he'll be way better than Michael Dobson. Dobson put in some good emotional acting but that voice he used was just too deep and the way it sounded at first would make you write the character off as being too cartoony for an action cartoon that was to be taken with a serious vibe.

I would have liked it if they used that guy who does Cobra Commander in the Sigma 6 series. That guy does an awesome Latta rendition.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doug Parker voiced Terrorsaur and BW Starscream, not Scott McNeil.

3. Rodimus

At this point, I'm more concerned for the design styling for the new show than I am the voice actors. I'm pretty confident that with the production being returned to stateside that we'll get great voice talent and performances, but with the fugly designs in the big budget movie that's comming out, I'm very worried.

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think he's saying that Scott McNeil could have done a better Starscream than Doug Parker.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, I love Tom Kenny and am happy as a pig in poop about this. And I didn't know he was Eduardo and now I am happier (Yes, that is my name too!) What really pisses me off is looking at the IMDB thing, there is a listing for "Plasticman" for 2006 ,with him as Plasticman. What happened to that???

6. Rodimus

I think you could pretty much quote that for fact. Scott McNiel is this generations Frank Welker type of talent. He's a man of many voices, as Beast Wars and GI Joe will attest to. Heck, he replaced Latta when he passed away in the early 90s and filled in as Cobra Commander and you could have never known the differense. I even got all the DIC GI Joe episodes and going through them all I still can't tell the difference. The only thing I see is a end credit with his name that tells me when he took over. The voice for Cobra Commander sounds exactly the same. McNeil is an awesome voice talent. If I were to come up with any criticism, the only one would be that he tends to use that one tone for too many of his main character voices. The same one you here in his Jetfire roles, Rattrap, and his role in Gundam. I think that was Hiro.

7. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

You got some bitterness issues going on there to not like someone sight unseen for just doing a particular role.... Offended, no... concerned.. yes.

As for Plastic-Man... be kinda happy it never saw the light of day. You can search YouTube for the first episode. If it hasn't been taken down, it's up there somwhere. It's a retina scarring, soul devouring 13 minutes of WTF were they thinking.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    One of my Favourite actors of all time playing..... STAR SCREAM

I expecting him to play bumblebee or prowl but i guess It could be better than Micheal Dobson's voice I hoping as long if Star scream's a Goofball it would be even better anyone agrees.I Think He could Use The same Voice as mumbo from Teen Titans

Tom Kenny Had once The Most voices played by VA but Tara Strong now has it

Tom Kenny was Classmates with Bob Golidath

Tom Kenny Married Jill Talley from The Mr.Show and also she plays on Spongebob as Karen The Computer

I soo Wish if Tom Kenny will play on Heroes With David Kaye, David Kaye should play on Spongebob

9. Trypitcon

Trypitcon No, I can't spell.

He also did a few voices on Futurama

While on the subject of Starscream, Chris Latta was originally the voice for Moe on the Simpsons (I think he was supposed to be Mr. Burns as well). Hank Azaria's rendition of Moe (especially 1st season) kinda gives off a 80's Starscream vibe to me.

10. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    hahaha...im choking at my snack here....l:lolol 

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This is pretty cool news. I am happy to see that they are putting together some top talent for the cartoon.

Also a :rolleyes2  for the people who though that starscream would sound like Sponge bob.

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd have preferred Mark Hamill, but I guess maybe he charges too much... :) 

I never ever saw one single episode of Spongebob (yeah, throw a rock at me) but I heard Tom Kenny in other shows, and I think he'd be a great Screamer. After all, Starsky is pretty much a comical character.

Some memorable roles of Tom:

Wayne Cramp in the Cramp Twins

The Narrator/The Mayor/Snake (of the Gangreen gang) in Powerpuff girls (now, I'd have never guessed these... they are so different. I really love the Mayor's voice)

Dog/Cliff in CatDog

Oswald "Ozzie" Cobblepot aka The Penguin in The Batman (the new animated show, not Batman TAS... now that type of voice'd be good for Starsky too, seeing as the Penguin too is pretty much comic relief on that show)

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Good news.

14. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You think this is bad, don't even ASK me about Billy West. Or John Romita Jr.

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I think we can expect a sort of Penguin-like voice from Starscream. Now if only they'd get the designs right and not do them movie-stlye...

I was surprised Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor) is on Spongebob too...

The Batman's Mr. Freeze is hopelessly ruined, sadly. After Batman TAS/Beyond, you simply CANNOT do a better Mr. Freeze, and turning him into a petty jewel thief made things even worse.

16. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

what happened to the last guy that did Starscream's voice from the recent episodes? It wasn't G1 but it was the Starscream that got my skin crawling
    (also, I want to just kill him, that laugh was seriously screwy :p  )

lol

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If TF: Heroes is a standard SAG/AFTRA gig, no. All voice talent for yoru basic SAG/AFTRA gigs are paid the same rate, unless they're contracted to voice more than three characters. Try getting your agent to negotiate a higher fee than average SAG/AFTRA voice gigs, and you stand to lose the gig altogether.

That being said, they could've easily cast Hamill for this series. We don't even know if he auditioned. Or it could be that he was offered the chance to audition and still passed on it, just like Corey Burton (voice of G1 Shockwave, Brawn, and Spike) declined to audition for the voice of Jazz in the upcoming TF movie.

But I do agree that Hamill might have done a great job as Starscream. And I'm very interested to hear Tom Kenny's take on the character. Tom has a history of creating original character voices, and he's a very funny guy and a great performer. I'd say he's ideal for the role. Can't wait to hear him as 'Screamer.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

That was Michael Dobson who also does Cobra Commander now on Sigma Six. Great guy and I'm disapointed that they are not using him. He was fantastic! But Armada, Energon, and Cybertron casting came out of Vancouver, CA. TF: Heroes is being done in LA, but then again they got David Kaye for Op, so which not Michael for Screamer. I think Tom Kenny can do a good job, but I really like Michael.

19. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going through his list of work on imdb was impressive, and I'll admit he has a lot of experience, but the characters he's done don't match up to starscream that well in my opinion.

For villians that I recognize, Penguin and Mumbo just don't seem like starscream.

I'll keep an open mind though, and hopefully he comes through.

Who would have though that BW/BM megatron would have turned out so well?

20. Diaclone X

Diaclone X MS Paint Demon!

Why does "I'm ready,Im ready, I'm ready, to transform!" keep running through my mind like a broken record?:sly: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.