(SPOILERS) Where Ehren Kruger copied his plot from

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hound88, May 30, 2011.

1. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Oh no! Taking ideas from other transformers stories is such a bad thing!! Why can't they just take the original ideas and completely change them. :lol 

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    This just into the news room. Water is wet and a writer took cues from older literature of the same show! More hard hitting breaking news like this coming soon.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Saying Ehren Kruger ripped off The Fallen, plot, character and all, is like saying every single Transformers series ripped off Optimus Prime since G1.

4. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Doesn't it also seem like this plot shows some similarities to a G1 episode, titled
    "The Ultimate Doom"? In that one, Megatron uses a space bridge to bring Cybertron within Earth's orbit or something (which is Megatron and Sentinel's intention in DOTM) to use the energy created between the two planets to make energon cubes [Whereas DOTM states that villains intend to strip Earth of its raw materials (metals and minerals) to rebuild Cybertron, but is it all that different from energon cubes?]. Not to mention we also have our movie-verse version of Dr. Arkeville (Dylan Gould, Dempsey's character) who works with the Decepticons. The Decepticons also sought to use human slaves in order to transport the energon cubes to Cybertron, much like how Sentinel Prime sought to do the same with the humans of Earth in DOTM. Am I the only one who's seen these similarities? I haven't seen anyone else comment on this, so I don't know for sure.

5. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

From what I've read it reminds me a bit like the
    Ultimate Doom
    episode from G-1.

6. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

the only difference being that instead of using mind control to control an Autobot, there is dissention within the Autobots as Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Objection it was Orci and Kurtzman who wrote TF 2007 and ROTF. Ehren Kruger was a co-writer that was promoted for the DOTM script as Bay let those two go.

8. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

I know the fallen is a tf character created by furman. But someone said fallen is a multiverse character, what does that mean?

My theory that Kruger adapted the dreamwave storyplot was something I anticipated, because he used tge fallen character out of so many other possible choices . For me, tge fallen is not part of tf legend or lore, not as official as primus, alpha trion etc anyway. This Kruger seems to like the dreamwave stories.

9. hound88

No it is not . My comparison is quite strong and u can see many similar elements in the 2 story plots.. So much so that the admin had to black out my description of the dreamwave plot because revealing the dreamwave plot Alone would give away so much of the dotm story. Shockwave, wreckers, bot joining forces with enemy, optimus standing strong n true to his beliefs , it's a match!!

So for those who says there's no similarities, eat your heart out :) 
    Hehe

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Well..... somebody;s got to source it from you know, the SOURCE? :lol 
    LMAO.
    ^Oh the humanity! :lol 

11. hound88

No, he copied more of it from the dreamwave storyline, not "megatron master plan". The dreamwave story also had a plot before ultra magnus' "betrayal " where the humans told optimus n his autobots to go home and take their war with them. the comic itself showed scenes of human protesting against the autobots with banners n posters, much like the crossed out banners of bumblebee.

12. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It means the Fallen in ROTF is literally the same character that appears in the Dreamwave comic. Different universes (G1/Movieverse) exact same character.

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Mind controlled humans by Shockwave as he aims to discredit the Optimus and Megatron to both Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron. Optimus and Megatron's crews also were influenced.

It doesn't fit to a tee as you would think.

It may be news to you but to us who has watched the cartoons and read the comics its trivia.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    RotF had nothing to do with The Fallen's plotline in the DW comics at all. The character is the only similarity. The agenda he had was completely different. He had nothing to do with the Decepticons, he had nothing to do with Megatron. He was his own side.

Also, he's a multiverse character as in he's a single character that can exist in multiple universes. Hence, the Dreamwave Fallen is also the movie Fallen.

15. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Nope, I saw it too my man.

You sir, are an idiot. He did not put the SPOILER tag around your post because of the DW v2 plotline, it was because you revealed a MAJOR SPOILER with the reveal of
    Sentinel Prime betraying the Autobots
    and working with the Decepticons.

Also, just a quick not for you since it's obvious that you didn't finish the rest of the DW G1 ongoing, Ultra Magnus did not die, Grimlock rescued him and Prime, and in DW G1 v3, it was shown in the first issue that Prime and Magnus were still being repaired via CR Chambers.

Just another quick note, Magnus and the rest of the Cybertron based Autobots did not work with Shockwave willingly, they were brainwashed as well as the Cybertron based Decepticons, you really need to re-read the comics and watch the G1 cartoons before your start trying to be an all high and mighty authority on TF history, there are members here with far more knowledge than you.

16. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Jesus. I really tire of people who cry "plagiarism" every time some story has a vague similarity to something they've read before. Plot points aren't plagiarism. Your DNA is similar to every other person's in that it has the same four nucleotides and many of the same genes, but the result is still a unique human being. Likewise, all writers work with the same structural, thematic, and stylistic tools; it's the details of pacing, word choice, engagement, and rhetoric (among others) that make a written work a distinct entity. Trust me, I see real plagiarism all the time from students; this ain't it.

The writer's craft is not to tell a new story. It is to tell an old story to a new audience.

17. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

first off, all ideas have been used before, so why not take elements from the fandom itself?

18. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's actually pretty simple. All you have to do is work from the premise that the movie is garbage and come up with any half-baked reason to justify saying it is bad. It doesn't matter if your reasons contradict one another, they all support the idea that the movie is bad.

Thus, the Bayhaters*.

*who are distinct from people who are rational about their dislike.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Dear God.
    I've never seen anything like it...
    This person... is... it's SCARY how stupid he is.

20. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Thank you, at least I'm not the only one that feels that way.