[SPOILERS] What scene(s) should be removed/revised in the final version of the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Right off the top of my head - Bumblebee pissing on the secret service guys, I mean, I know it's supposed to be funny because Spike's dog pissed on one of the Transformers, but just ends up seeming absurd.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed also, remove the following:

The big dog farting

Mik getting the agent to take his pants off, WTF?

The stupid Football sub-plot (towards the start and end of the film)

All the idiotic cliched things that Sam's love interest says

Jazz's pointless death (or revise it to make it a bit more meaningful)

Megatron's "hey here I am, just been asleep for 100 years but I'm still totally in the loop... I want that cube for some reason, oh wait, now I'm dead" thing.

I'm sure there's a few more, but that's all I recall atm.

3. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

yeah the Bumblebee pissing was pretty stupid. I think the only things i'd like changed is that it is not spike who wastes Megatron But Optimus.

Put it this way they have this whole subplot of Optimus being megatrons brother in this version, i think it would be much more meaningful and dramatic if Optimus was the one forced to do the deed.

other than that i thought it was quite entertaining, even if there were relativly few parts with transformers!

4. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd agree with that. I'm also disappointed by the lack of real Decepticon action, and how little time some of them are around for.

On the whole though, it really looks like it's going to be good. It'll certainly be loaded with impressive action sequences anyway. I really like sound of the bit where they're at the house.

I kind of wish that I'd been able to resist the urge to look at it, but I'm also quite glad that I did. By the time the movie comes out I should hopefully have forgotten quite a lot of it.

5. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Waste the "Robo brothers" subplot. Prime and Megs are just mortal enemies and Megs should just be like "The First Decepticon", with Optimus being "The Only One to effectively oppose Megatron". Robots who are brothers makes no sense and is ultimately pointless.

Kill the whole "Bumblebee taking a piss" and "special agents forced to try out a job as strippers". We only need to know that the Autobots attempt a rescue of their humie friends and almost succeed, but then reinforcements show up and ultimately capture Sam, Mikaela and BB.

Reduce the whole "Worried parents confront their son who's apparently talking to ghosts". It blows.

A lot of scenes I'd want to vanish, but they cannot be removed as they reveal "important plot points", like Sam having a love interest. But some of those scenes, I'm sure could be cut down to murder some of the cheese. Sadly, they won't be :( 

6. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Woah woah wait....

Are some of these things really supposedly in the script??!

Or is this some type of joke thread to lighten up all the God aweful negativity we've been seeing?

Please tell me it's the latter.

7. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    nope those are all the script Akymaxv, thus the spoiler warning ;) 

it all kinda works IMO, sure some of the scenes are to weird for a transformer movie, but the long scenes in the script of the people talking and stuff will be shorter than it takes to read them, the writers said it was about 50/50 human/transformer screen time.

As for scenes I'd change, I'd probably have to agree with most of the things in here, I would change the fact bumblebee couldn't talk even after ratchet came to earth with the others, since he can fix them...like comon...

although when he didn spit out his one line, and it said how painful it was for him, it did kinda hit home, so ya never know.

8. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Prime and Megs as brothers... an interesting take, and it may add some sort of drama to the "Prime and Megs have a verbal p!ss!ng contest before beating each other senseless" (ie what the final duel in Star Wars: Revenge of hte Sith should have been).

Jazz dies? Interesting, it adds impact to the fact these are two races at WAR, and not just humans die during it.

Spike does in big Megs? Humans save the day, yah aren't we great, chanting "America" yadda yadda yadda. Rather it be one of the Bots, but hopefully it'll be done well, rather then smacking of "Battlefield Earth Syndrome" (ie silly action sequences leading to a climax that makes no sense).

Want I really really want to see is a War of the Worldsesque sequence where the armed forces of America get their tails handed to them by a single Con (Screamer maybe).

9. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Much less cheese.

My anti-Velveeta shields can't take the onslaught of the cheese.

The love interest's lines alone are like a flotilla of Kraft soldiers barraging me with dairybombs.