SPOILERS....What happened to Grimlock?....SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Agentknife, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First off let me ask for no spoilers please. Just an answer and what comics this info can be found in if that is at all possible.

I just finished reading Last stand of the Wreckers. I've also read Maximum Dinobots so I know that Grimlock has been put in prison, although I didn't know that it was Garrus 9. In Last Stand issue 4 I believe, Kup & Guzzle went to release Grimlock from his cell on Garrus 9 only to find it empty. The Decipticon Snare told them that Overlord made Grimlock watch other autobots being tortured and that he "went mad in the end". But you never see a dead body or a deranged Grimlock running around. So my main question is this, does Grimlock show up any more after Last Stand of the Wreckers? And if so is he deranged?
    2nd question is this, when does Last Stand take place in the IDW verse? Is Megatron already dead like Verity tells Overlord or was that just a lie? I know that Megatron dies in the TF ongoing series but I was unable to keep up with them so I'm starting over now with RID & Autocrocy and I might start reading MTMTE.
    Any info will be very helpfull guys and thanks in advance

2. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

Nope, there hasn't been any mention of Grimlock in the Ongoings thus far. As far as we know, he's cruising around space, slagging every Con he comes across on his way, not realising the war is actually over. Which would be an pretty interesting concept if Grimlock ever finds his way back to Cybertron and finds Bumblebee and the others working with the Decepticons.

Last Stand of the Wreckers takes place immediately after All Hail Megatron. Verity was probably referencing Megatrons fate from that book.

3. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. I've read All Hail Megatron and he doesn't die at end. So I guess she was lying.
    I just remembered Megatron was injured pretty badly at the end of that book wasn't he. So maybe Verity and the Autobots thought he was dead.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Megatron was shot in the head by a sniper rifle reverse engineered from Shockwave, by Spike Witwicky in the closing pages of All Hail Megatron. He was carried away by Starscream when the Decepticons fled Earth and hadn't been heard from for two to three years (in universe time) in between the end of AHM and the start of the previous ongoing penned by Mike Costa -- this lead many of the Autobots to believe he was dead and the war to be over; only for him to make his eventual return (as Megatrons are want to do) and for the Autobot/Decepticon conflict to be re-ignited in the back half of the ongoing.

Megatron's current whereabouts are unknown. After the events of the mini-series titled "Chaos" which served as the big "event" to end the previous ongoing, Megatron simply disappeared after facing down with a creature made from the combined forms of his Decepticons and hundreds of thousands of Sweeps. He has yet to be seen since.

So, at the time, when Verity told Overlord that Megatron was dead, she was going with the generally accepted notion that he was.

Grimlock has yet to be seen or heard from, following Last Stand of the Wreckers; though many suspect he may return in the pages of the current More Than Meets the Eye ongoing by James Roberts; who also co-wrote Last Stand of the Wreckers. So, if y'want incentive to pick up that title, there it is.

As for Last Stand itself, it took place concurrently with the early issues of the previous ongoing written by Mike Costa. I believe there were notes in the internal covers of the individual issues that actually said, "this issue takes place before (or during) issue 'x' of The Transformers by Mike Costa."

5. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the extra info. That teaches me not to read the internal cover notes.