Spoilers: The Hammer of Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Mar 29, 2009.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this in the podcast thread but I wanted more people to see it.

The mystery of the hammer: This may just be a case of me seeing something that isn't there. However there may be clues to the role of the hammer in the very room we find Magnus broken and near death
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These art panels could hold secrets to the past or maybe even the future of the hammer.
    In the first panel we see what looks like something being forged by a blacksmith.
    The second looks like either something being destroyed or maybe even the a sword in the stone type situation. Also look at the antlers...Shockwave????
    The third looks like Optimus or another Prime with the allspark.
    And the fourth looks like Omega and maybe a space bridge.

Are these random filler images or do they have meaning? Is it a story of the past or their future?...you decide

2. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see how you're getting "hammer" from "legend of the origin of the All-Spark".

3. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

i think the hammer is this universe's matrix of leadership since cliffy called it the magnus hammer and we know that magnus is a rank.

4. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    If that is the orgin of the all-spark on the walls...The alspark might have been forged....Maybe by a giant hammer...Maybe an evil being could make another all spark with that same hammer

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That could be very interesting.

6. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the background of Magnus' chamber we see a robot forging the hammer with Allspark near.

HHHHMMMM!!!

8. boris1162

boris1162 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the second one look like prowl to me with his new helmet

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These are legends, depicted on lead-lined windows, kinda like saints in a church windows.

I seriously doubt any of the characters depicted there are alive now or will ever feature. They are legends. I mean I could say that the guy on the second one is the Headmaster, but that'd make about as much sense as you saying that's Prowl. It's neither, and we'll most likely never know.

Magnus's hammer is most likely a status symbol for all "Magnuses", and a powerfull weapon in his own right, as we saw in "Elite Guard". Certainly something the Decepticons can put to good use, but it's not as vital as the Allspark or the Spacebridges, otherwise Megs would have mentioned it.

10. LadyHood

LadyHood Bounty Hunter

i agree with BB Shockwave...the magnus hammer isn't as important as other things though i have a feeling it's going end out in megs hand in the next ep...

11. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I this as well. One of the first things Ironhide asked about was the hammer. Cliff relayed to the autobots on earth that the magnus hammer was stolen. It made me think that magnus stood for leader in animated just like prime stood for leader in G1. The pictures on the wall hinted about the importance of the hammer. Maybe as important as the matrix. I'm eager to see how the story unfolds

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or maybe... I kind of imagined Shocky already left Cybertron with it. I can see him strolling into New Kaon in Longarm mode - then when all the Cons point their guns at him, transforms to Shockwave form, (maybe change his color as well, like we saw in "Where is thy sting" with BB, it can be done easily) and produce the Magnus Hammer, taking control of the Con army. I mean, Megs is lost in space and as shown, Shockwave could not communicate with him, so he has to take matters into his own servos.

13. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    I totally consider the paintings as legends of the past I am also just considering the possibility that could just as easily be prophecies.

Realistically, they probably just wanted the room to look fancy so somebody threw those pictures in there.

But how cool would it be if the paintings represented the creation of the Allspark by the Magnus Hammer. The one time we really saw the hammer used it demonstrated immense power. Where does that power come from?

Even cooler, to me at least, would be if they were prophesies:
    1rst painting: Ultra Magnus, the builder, who used the power of the hammer to keep Cybertron going through the dark times.

2nd Painting: Shockwave, the traitor, who used the power of the Hammer to destroy

3rd painting: Optimus, the savior, who returned the allspark to cybertron, defeated the decepticons and created...

4th painting: The New Golden Age of Cybertron,

Is it possible? probably not but it would sure be cool if it was

Still...

Shockwave stated that he was moving the plan forward since Megatron was out of contact. We do not yet know the chain of events after that. Was Shockwave trying to steal the hammer? Was he trying to kill Magnus? Both? We don't know. However, I do think this creative team is too smart to make the Hammer just a status symbol. I also think it would make Shockwaves great story arc seam very petty if after a countless years under cover he simply stated "Ha Ha I got Your Hammer What You Gonna Do About It?!?!? I have to think he will do something with it or that it serves a purpose.

Or maybe I have just been watching LOST to much

14. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion, UM's hammer is somehow the key to all Cybertron.

15. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

those pictures....hmmm....has it been said what they mean, cause i can kinda see a lil bit of the OP's idea in the 2nd and 3rd ones.

I also belive the hammer will make it to megatron, who cant get it to work, and Optimus while fighting him will manage to get a hold of it, que homage sequence here.

17. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Definitely not Omega, looks like Rodimus Magnus to me.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

hammer begiong to primus long a ago

19. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

i think the first guys right looks like a prophecy of the future being told also of the past. something like the what was past is know the future, reminds me of battlestar galactica

20. ShyTenda

ShyTenda Not even here...

Seeds of the future, buried in the past? :tongue: