*SPOILERS* Rann/Thanagar War Special *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by CripNite, Feb 8, 2006.

1. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

For those who picked up Rann/Thanagar War...

Jade dies!
    Her power gets transfered to her old beau, Kyle Rayner, who then becomes Ion!
    Ion has a better costume than the one in the original preview pic!
    Kilowog determines what we already knew: that Superboy Prime moved Thanagar into a direct course with it's sun!
    Not much else happens!

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yeah, it was a good read last week. I'm guessing you just picked it up? :p 

I don't think Jade's 'dead' exactly. And I'm sure she'll be back before long with her original powers instead of the powers Kyle gave her as Ion originally.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The issue was pretty good. I hope Ion doesn't always have space and stars over his face. Looks kinda lame to me.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. And hopefully, shortly thereafter she'll be in a big white dress standing next to Kyle in front of a priest. Then, hopefully, writers like Marz can't mess up their relationship again.

5. BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy Decepticons forever!

Meh ... not a bad issue. But I really wish that DC would really coordinate release of the comics so that they wouldn't spoil each other. We OBVIOUSLY knew that SBP moved the planets for Luthor 2 weeks ago! If they could release it simultaneously it would be less of a spoil.

Like with what's going down in Bludhaven ... Chemo was dropped a messed up the town. Then it shows Bats talking to Nightwing. We saw this in IC. But when Batman 650 came out a week or so later ... there was a scene where Batman was all concerned about Nightwing because of the bomb drop. Duh! We know he's alive since LAST week! I know, I know with all the different deadlines and printers, etc but they could have coordinated this better.

6. CripNite

Actually, I haven't picked it up yet (it's in my box) but I couldn't resist downloading it to read it beforehand (I didn't have enough cash to grab it this week)...

Okay, obvious plothole... when Kyle was Ion the first time, he "reactivated" Jade's powers, which were dormant inside her. Now... did he mistake what he did and instead transferred his power, or just not know what he was doing? Will her spirit live on inside him like Firestorm's confidant of the moment?

Speaking of Firestorm, where was he during this issue?

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It's possible Jade reappeared on "Earth-2" along with everyone else...

8. CripNite

Hmmm... that's another plothole. If she reappeard on Earth 2, so should have Alan Scott. Methinks this should have come out earlier.

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

um.. marz wasnt writting the title when the break up happened.

I seriously dont get the hate he gets. I mean if not for him we wouldnt even have kyle rayner.

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yep. It was Judd Winnick who was writing when they "broke up".

As for her going to Earth-2, CripNite's right. Alan should have disappeared too then.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Firestorm is currently MIA. Something happened to his body and now Jason is alone in space reconstructing himself with the Preofessor's help.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    *checks his GL issues...

No, it was Marz. Winnick wrote the issue where Jen went back to Earth, Marz wrote the issue where Kyle came home and found another guy in the shower. It was part of the final vol. 3's arc to alienate Kyle from Earth; Jen dumping him, the JLA not needing him, and his mom's head in the oven.

Now I don't hate Marz, not by any means. My only problem with the guy was how he had Jen cheat on Kyle. It seemed really out of character to me.

13. CripNite

Marz has always been a writer who follows a "constructing through destructing" philosophy. The more is destructed about a character, the more we learn about their true mettle. Kyle has had his defining tragedy (Alex), and had been through his period of self-searching and was gaining confidence in himself through his battles with Amon Sur. Thusly, Kyle needed another tragedy to knock him back down.

Let's face it folks. Defining tragedy and Redefining tragedy are a staple of comics.