[Spoilers] Prime's Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Blazed_Scar, May 20, 2011.

1. Blazed_Scar

Blazed_Scar Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but judging from the trailers and adaptations, it seems pretty clear to me that the trailer does not transform into the Omega Armor seen on Hasbro's $80 Ultimate Optimus Prime. So why is it that Hasbro went as far as to creating a toy of that proportion and price point when all that effort could have gone into making a more accurate "jetwing" pack for a retooled ROTF Leader Prime, similar to that on Takara's and have it fit into a trailer shell. I apologize if this is unimportant to some, but it really just bugs me to no end.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Based on the preview, the jet wings don't seem to be parts of the trailer but my guess is they are stored inside the trailer.
    The commander optimus seems to be have movie accurate wings when you compare them to the preview.
    I have no interest in paying extra for Japan versions and I also prefer Optimus without the space wasting trailer, so I like the current voyager Optimus.
    I hope there will be Leader Optimus and Leader megatron again like in tf1 and tf2.
    Ultimate Optimus is probably useful as a paper weight.

3. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    Like i said in another thread. I would like the Japan version of Jetwing Optimus but if its to expensive then i will get Ultimate Optimus. Either way i'm getting another flying optimus. LOL

4. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    They are probably saving the best for last like they did with Leader Starscream. Best movie toy IMO

5. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

Maybe the components are part of the tralier just not all of it?

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Maybe the trailer sides fold down and there's a cannon in the back and little roller is in there too....Oh wait, they already had that toy before....lol

7. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I read several posts on here from people with one of the dotm novels saying the trailer can is basiclly a green lantern ring that can turn into a sword, a shield, whatever.
    I say in the movie the trailer will either just act as a way to store that jetpack or will be used to haul some autobots around in
    aren't they supposed to "pretend" they are dead sometime in the movie?

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay..not really a thread about the movie and Prime's trailer..this is toy discussion and really should be discussed there.

I was expecting a pic or two..and a spoiler too!! :( 

9. Blazed_Scar

Blazed_Scar Well-Known Member

Yea, reading from the spoilers, those are exactly my thoughts. Which is why I said it'll be good to have a jetpack can can be stored in an empty trailer shell, like how Energon Prime stores his megazord parts. That'll be really cool. I agree on the Cyberverse Commander as well, which is really a pity since he's the smallest of them all. I'm too hoping for a leader release of Megs and Prime thought I already pre-ordered the Jetwing.

I'll wait till I watch the movie before I decide on whether to buy Ultimate Prime since he's release date is until about a month after the movie airs anyway. I like Voyager Prime too, but unfortunately the new scenes in the trailer of him and Ratchet in space does seem to depict Prime with those boosters on his back. I feel a little cheated. Then again maybe it was designed for a younger target audience.

I second that, watching him in the new 3D trailer with that Jetpack just made me want a flying leader class Prime so badly. Since over here the prices between Takara and Hasbro stuff don't differ too much, I'll definitely buy the Jetwing, and as above I'll wait in and decide about the Ultimate Prime later on

Damn I hope you're right on this, else I'd just cry. At that I'd also very much wish for a retool of the HFTD Prime that comes with a Jetpack as well. Basically, I want them all!

Yes exactly! Which is why we need an empty trailer shell, like the one that comes with Takara's Voyager and have a Jetwing pack that can fit in there.

According to new spoilers, the Autobots commandeered a Decepticon ship and sailed it into the heart of the action to avoid detection.
    So I'm just guessing that it'll be to store an arsenal of weapons for Prime, which includes the Jetpack and everything else except the "Omega Armor" we see on Ultimate Prime. Which is disappointing, really.

Sorry man, I thought I'd piss alot of people off about it this were to be posted in the Toy Discussion section. In way it is about the trailer, like how is it in relation to the Ultimate Prime toy Hasbro's releasing.

10. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

What goes on and when ? Prime later appears with a wider updated chest with more servos on his shoulder joints and across his chest.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was actually conversing with a friend about this dilemma earlier. It seems odd to both of us that Hasbro would put out an $80 Ultimate figure of something that doesn't even appear in the movie, instead of the jet pack thingy which does. We theorized that the trailer armor may actually be an early concept of the jet pack, though they were too far into the Ultimate figure's design process to change it.

I'll probably be skipping the Hasbro version in favor of the Takara one.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Will Optimus have an axe this time? I hope so, it was a neat concept during ROTF concepts.

13. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

sorry but i think it is his trailer. if you look at a screen cap from the movie trailer you can see the silver stripe from his trailer on one of his wings.

[​IMG]

14. iamamachine

News Credits:
    Maybe the wings stored inside the trailer just have a similar stripe design. The trailer is big enough to store 10 jetwings and there really is no reason for the trailer to transform into anything. In the movieverse, it is about aliens who transform, their pets also transform, but their spaceships / weapons / trailers are not sentient and don't really have any ability or reason to transform.

15. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

I think Jolt Customs is correct and proves my hunch about only parts of the trailer are used for the omega armor.

16. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    SPOILERS... Dont read if you dont want to know about the trailer and the jetwings.

From what I have been told... The trailer turns into a large shield much like the one that Sentinel Prime has AND maybe battle armor. Does anyone remember the concept art that Josh Nizzi created for ROTF?http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=27229436&stc=1&d=1306031045
    And I was told that the Jetwing jet pack is what Prime goes to Ukraine for. Its part of a Con or a con ship that the Russians have buried there.

Attached Files:

17. iamamachine

News Credits:
    I think it is a lot easier to grap a shield stored inside the trailer so maybe that is how the movie will do it.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    prime

Thanks, yeah. I like the 1st and 3rd one, and I appreciate you including spoiler warning. :thumb