Spoilers - Machinima’s Transformers: Combiner Wars Episode #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    https://www.go90.com/profiles/va_e80879ee86ff49d4b169fba67d53e1c7

No need for spoiler tags here. Only enter this topic if you have already watched the episode or wish to be spoiled.

The worst thing about this episode was all the silence at the beginning. Would it hurt to have a narrator telling us what has happened off-screen in this continuity?

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It feels like everyone's IDW personality have been swapped.

Starscream felt like Rodimus.
    Rodimus's logic felt like Starscream's.
    Mistress of Flame felt like Windblade
    and...
    Windblade feels like Arcee.

The only reason I feel that this ep. was better than the last was because Windblade didn't have a chance to slaughter anymore Combiners. But it's still a falls short of being liked.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Is this the new thing where we're going to have threads for ALL the episodes in the wrong section?

4. PPProductions

PPProductions Autobrat

Holy shit. We're only two episodes in and I can already tell this is shaping up to be one of the worst (maybe even THE worst) Transformers show.

The voice acting, the stilted animation that comes straight out of Half-Life 1, the god awful sound design, the fact that I have not been given a single reason to get involved with the characters, our main character being as likeable as James Corden, and the fact that they don't explain shit.

I think the sound design part is what pisses me off the most though, like in the last episode. Why the shit is this giant-ass robot so quiet when it moves? Why is the sound of what's her face's staff hitting the floor the sound of the crowbar hitting metal in Half-Life? (Again with Half-Life) https://youtu.be/vOA-2nffob8?t=3

I mean as a person taking a course is sound design this shit bothers me.

5. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Why is rodimus starscream's bitch?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I have no idea.

This show is so weird. It's like it operates on the continuity of the comics, but even if you've read the comics none of this really matches up with this.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ It's more like the comics provide essential backstory while somehow still not constraining the story to follow any sort of continuity. Which is a terrible way to do anything. It punishes new and savvy fans alike.

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Especially since the comics don't even explain any of the pressing questions in this series. We get the presence of the colony worlds, the enigma of combination, and Starscream in a more diplomatic role, but we don't get any of the real answers like why the combiners are fighting, and what the main conflict is.

This is especially sad since we had two "prelude" episodes that were supposed to explain the backstory to this series, when all those did was establish the council exists (we can tell that from this episode), that Windblade is pissed (again, we find this out in the previous episode), and that Optimus thinks war is the most fucked up thing ever. We have no idea what's going on with the current conflict or why anyone is doing anything, and that's horrible.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So much for things getting better with the second episode.

For such a short series it seems like wasting a lot of time just do show Starscream flying around. Also the warped logic of this thing is top secret but we are going to display it out in the open instead of locking it away somewhere secure.

10. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Until the the staff say otherwise. they're allowing the first episode to remain here.

11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Galvatron (G1)

man...optimus is quiet lately, wanna bet the optimus appearing when we Megatron fight the constructicons is the last part of the episode

12. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Quiet? I have a feeling that the writers are trying to have minimal voice acting in the show as possible hence why there is FILLER in a five minute episode.

13. pokemonsdoom

so this is considered an animation atrocity?

14. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Fuck context, am I right?

Seriously though this series has been terrible so far. The animation is stilted, the lip-syncing is practically nonexistent, the plot isn't explained at all and as a result feels haphazard, and if I'm being frank the entire thing just feels half-assed. It's going to take a miracle to redeem this.

15. pokemonsdoom

you get better lip syncing from a youtuber using age of extinction grimlock as a puppet

16. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    This is the worst thing ever.

-The episode wastes one-minute-plus of its five-minute runtime on Starscream flying and saying nothing.

-What does the Enigma of Combination do? Does it create Combiners? Does it control combiners? Does it destroy Combiners? MAKE UP YOUR MIND

-Are Combiners just this show's equivalent of the Titans from AoT? OOOoooh, spooky, you don't know how they work! Ooooh, they sure are a dramatic force in this narrative!

-Windblade, an honorable swordslady, is going to snipe at things she doesn't like from a distance! To be fair, in this show, her only character trait is that she wants to get rid of combiners, but how does she know that shooting the Enigma won't just make more combiners? Or turn the world into butterscotch pudding?

-Optimus Prime is an edgelord now, too! Hurrah!

I still love watching it. It's like a trainwreck in slow motion.

Dead serious: what if Windblade accidentally got turned into a combiner in this show? Would she kill herself? That'd be the only interesting thing that could happen at this point.

Energon at least gave us some awesome toys.

17. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is bad, really bad. The animation is not very all that smooth (still shots look nice though), sound effects are bad, voice acting is meh, the characterizations are messed up. This show so far is something far less than the sum of its parts. Oh and for the story, there is what 40 minutes to tell a compelling story or show lots of combiner action, and so far we have an easy slaughter of a combiner, some flying around, and very little dialogue.

In theory what Hasbro wanted to do here sounded great, but the execution is terrible. This is the wrong studio to try and do any justice to their franchise.

18. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

I don't know why, but for some reason I actually like Starscream here, so I did like it more than the first episode for that alone. Also, at least this episode didn't kill Menasor, Computron, and whatever the heck her name was in five minutes without giving the audience any reason to give a crap about any of them. Additionally, it doesn't have as much Windblade, so the second episode has that much going for it. Those are a few reasons it wasn't as bad to me as the first episode.

However, this is still far from even remotely being good. It still has way too many bad parts.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's obvious at this point the writers took only a cursory glance at the comics they were supposed to be animating. WHY is Rodimus even on Cybertron still?
    And Starscream as the voice of reason, and being completely honest? Is this Shattered Glass?
    Optimus also took some levels in rogue, his sneaking skills are off the chart. :D 
    And way to store the priceless artifact out in the open where anyone can take a shot at it!

Much like the Allspark, there is no need for separate sections for "Transformers TV", really. All the other new shows will go here too, and the staff will rename the section, I expect.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    We already have an existing section for all TF cartoons that aren't NuRID and TFP. And while I look forward to the day this section gets renamed, I seriously doubt that it will happen for this ponderous, lifeless, Google Sketch-Up/fan made-looking and sounding thing.