Spoilers - Machinima’s Transformers: Combiner Wars Episode #1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 2, 2016.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I love the movies and I'm pumped for The Last Knight, I dislike RID (sorry not sorry) and I've never watched Rescue Bots, I think Hasbro and Takara are doing pretty good at the moment (especially with Titans Return) and I do believe the first episode of this web series could've been a bit better, especially considering it was hyped so much. Sorry, but I hate seeing these "Ah people dislike this so they must hate absolutely everything" comments on social media all the time. They're annoying and pretty condescending.

2. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. Overall it was very lackluster. I wish it lasted more than 5 minutes and I'm disappointed that both combiners practically died in that short timespan. The combiner limbs should have definitely survived at the very least. Anyway, I'll keep watching and hope for something deeper than just "I hate combiners and can kill them all without any real difficulty."

3. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Wow, characters die easier and quicker in this than they did in the 86 movie!

Horrible Menasor voice!

They should have Windblade just kill every single character in this show without breaking a sweat cause she is the ultimate badass, right Hasbro? :lol 

Will definitely keep watching these, if only to see how much worse it can get.

4. Jericho613

Jericho613 Active Member

I thought it was alright. Computron was defeated too easily, Menasor would destroy Windblade. The voice actor for Menasor was a poor choice. Looking forward to more, after all it was only the first episode. I just hope they make the Combiners more of a threat, which I'm sure they will once Devastator shows up.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they broke Computron's face. I bet he gets rebuilt into Betatron.

6. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Like most, I wasn't too impressed. Even though we were already told in advance about the 5 minute run time, it really doesn't seem like enough time to properly tell a story. Also, maybe it's because I have no real familiarity to Kabuki Jet Fem-bot outside of her portrayal in RID, but is she really supposed to be overpowered like this? If she can put down a robot nearly 20 times her size with a few sword slashes, I don't see any reason she needs to be worried about anyone getting their hands on the latest Transformers plot device/mcguffin. Bad start to a series that already has quite a lot working against it.

7. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    I need something to wash the taste of this horrid garbage out of my mouth.

Anyone have a copy of Energon I can borrow? :tongue: 

Seriously, though, this is embarrassingly bad, though I have to say I'm glad it's pointlessly a year too late. It might have turned me off the toyline if it had come out when Combiner Wars was just hitting the shelves.

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Not happy with what they've done to Windblade. I feel like they changed her to Hatred guy just cause naive teen type isn't edgy enough for this mature gentlemens show that will most likely seem very immature in later episodes (If they keep up this lack of quality that is).
    Shame I was hoping the trailers were just poorly edited.

9. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks!)

10. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's 18 months too late, the voice direction is poor (angry Jonah Hill Menasor? He sounds like Titan from Megamind) and it looks very pretty. In 5 minutes I can't comment on how this all fits into the story but in terms of character introductions and power levels I'm already 'WTF?!'.

11. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

She wasn't in the comics, Chromia (her bodyguard) is the better fighter. But apparently she's been given the plot armor for this show, so...yeah.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew it was too good to be true.

It's the original Clone Wars Cartoon all over again...

13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Well, now I see why it's free.

14. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Okay so am I the only one that thought that Menasor sounded too smart? Whatever happened to "different components arguing for control?". Computron made sense because he's him, but Menasor said I instead of the usual 3rd person talk.

Also, were we supposed to be saddened by Maximas death? She got literally NO characterisation and then was killed. Transformers Prime Cliffjumper had more characterisation before he died, he was hyped up before the show aired, gave some witty banter with Arcee ("You mess with Cliffjumper and you get the horns"), and then went on to kill some Vehicons and even shared some banter with Starscream before he was killed. Maxima got one line of dialogue, was barely hyped up, and was created for the show. The could've saved Resources and just not included her and the outcome would still probably be the same.

Windblade was way to overpowered in this fight. It made the threat of Combiners null and void. It really was only a "Challenge" because the plot required Maxima to die (but why?). I also felt that the whole fight was stupid. Why were Menasor and Computron fighting? Why was there a random Space Bridge in space? Where did they come from? How did Windblade and Maxima know where they were so quickly? How did Mensor know the council was going to build and army of Combiners?

Even for a five minute episode, or a broken down movie, Combiner Wars doesn't do itself justice. I give it a 0/5. The show seems flat and just has no reason why I should care about the characters, the plot or the universe.

15. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I liked it. It's not great, and they really don't understand Windblade's character, but it was enjoyable.

Everyone whining about the episode length don't watch anime or web series I guess. Web series often run 5 - 10 minutes as a weekly, and and there are multiple anime every season that are only 3 or 3.5 minutes an episode, that are again once a week. Short does not mean bad.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    WAtched it! It needs work, I am not going to lie. But its still entertaining. LEts see how the show progresses.
    We have been bitching about a series with all Tfs and no humans in sight and we finally getting one. :p 

17. AximusPrime

YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not free. We're paying for it with pieces of our souls.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Saw the first episode. Can't say I'm too excited about it so far. Menasor's voice doesn't exactly suit him though I did like the retort he gave to Windblade that she's no different then he is even though her feelings on the war are understandable.
    I had a feeling Maxima would bite it so no surprises there.
    Windblade herself there's nothing new about her so far though this is the first episode. As for her cutting down Menesor like that perhaps she might have found a way to upgrade her weapon to take down Combiners because otherwise I don't see how she'd be able to take them down like that without a good explanation why. Hopefully it'll be explained later on.

Glad Conputron seems to be alive. Hope he can have a large role here.

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Because the ridiculously one sided battle between Manasor and Windblade was as equally terrible?

20. AximusPrime

YouTube (Legacy):
    That would be cool, but I see this becoming the Windblade show featuring combiners.