(spoilers) is it really any wonder

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Rumble02, Mar 24, 2009.

?

are you Suprised that Magnus was taken out so easily?

1. Yes i was blown away

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Seen it coming since season two.

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Was hoping for it to happen.

28 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. Nope totally expected this and hope the same thing happens to shockwave in reverse

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Is it really that suprising that Shockwave could dispatch Ultra Magnus, I mean When the elite guard was on Earth Magnus could not even handle Starscreams. Hes like a soldier who looks tough but never really had to hold his own in a real fight. Just seems obvious to me that he would be dooped by Shockwave and easy taken care of.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus can't deal with anything. ;) 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be blown away IF IT WASN'T FOR DAH LEAKEZ

4. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

I didn't know it would happen so soon. Now there is a greater chance for shockwave to get locked up, or worse... unless we get more fillers.

5. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Was hoping for it to happen. He's a rusted obsolete yesterday's model, anyway.

6. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I was just hoping there'd be a cool fight between the two, and not just "oh I'm walking along doot doot OH MY GOODNESS WHAT HAPPENED HERE" Mr.'Hide

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I don't know about "easily", I mean, we didn't see the fight. How do we know whether it lasted 5 seconds or two hours? How do we know that Shockwave came out unscathed?

Find out next week on TF:A! (maybe)

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd presume that Shocky got the drop on Magnus before the news about him reached Cybertron, but you guys (well, those who care about this) are missing one big thing here:

Ironhide's okay, which means that all the Autobots from the opening battle of "Transwarped" at least could be fine too. :) 

9. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Starscream is one of the best Decepticon Warriors there is (he's fricking second-in-command to Lord Megatron himself, after all), so him blowing Ultra Magnus away isn't that surprisingly.

Shockwave could also be very well one heck of a fighter. He's loyal to Megatron, quite crafty, and becomes really tall if needed. Only very capable and really good servants would be dispatched to work as military spies for several decades.

Also, sucker-punching Ultra Magnus will probably help. Like Starscream did.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Im just pissed we didn`t see the fight. Hopefully we get a flashback next week

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I'm going with "ambush". As soon as he decided his cover was going to be blown any astrosecond, he probably transformed to Longarm Prime, walked up to Ultra Magnus, then went all H-tanky and blew a chunk out of him.

Then he mangled him up some more.

- Coeloptera

12. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is the Autobot SUPREME FREAKING COMMANDER. He couldn't have gone down without a fight. I bet Shockwave only won because he got the jump on him, stole his hammer and smashed him with it.

People saying that UM couldn't beat Starscream are silly. Are they forgetting that that was not a fight? The battle was finished before it began. UM got distracted by telling everyone to stand back and that was that. Fight over.

13. inferno4565

inferno4565 Master of Mudkips

I was hoping for it. Magnus was a prick. Good Riddance.

HOWEVER

(SPOILERS)

He's not dead yet...

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have no doubt Ultra Magnus was a formidible opponent. Back in the day, that is. He's older than Ratchet, and while mad props for staying fit, he's not quite up to a Decepticon. (who seem to not even age in this series, or at least, don't show it in any way) As it stands, I can see Shockwave pulling a Starscream and just knock him down. Wheras Starscream merely knocked him out, Shockwave had clear intent to kill him out of a mix of fear and determination. (we haven't actually seen Shockwave's full power compared to Starscream's in any other instance besides Magnus, so I assume SW's more powerful)

But like somebody brought up, we have no idea how long the fight, if there was one, actually lasted. It could've been two seconds or two hours.

Dunno why he took his hammer. Maybe so that when Megatron does return, he can hold it up and say: "I killed Ultra Magnus!" Offing the AB SC will get you in Megs' good books for sure, if he's not teacher's pet already.

15. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blast you! I was going to say that! :ev: 

16. AMG

AMG Old School

I was hoping for it to happen, I'm not a fan of Magnus. Shockwave wasted no time.

17. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Something had to happen if Optimus is to become the Leader of the Autobots. I still don't think AniOps has displayed leader qualities. He can't even say "roll out" properly and his team totally disrespects him, but maybe they will work that out as well.

18. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause Ultra Magnus would have been his expecting that Longarm Prim head of Autobot intelligence was coming to shoot him........
    Anyone can be taken down by someone they trust its just the way it works.

19. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was hoping to see quite an epic battle between Megatron and Magnus in which Magnus gets slagged. Would be good to see the two of them face off and for Megs to look badass again since Shockwave is stealing his thunder now.
    Starscream beat Ultra Magnus because he is indestructable. Magnus hammer would have taken him out but Starscream could just get back up again due to the allspark fragment in him.
    Also, Shockers prob got behind him in Longarm form then got the drop on Magnus by suprise.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, as far as Shockwave is concerned I'm pretty sure he got the drop on Magnus. We don't really know anything about that particular fight so it could have gone on for five minutes or five hours. However, the fact that Shockwave doesn't have body parts lying around like Magnus did tells me that it was probably quick and Magnus was probably hit hard from behind... Shockwave is a Decepticon after all and killing his target is his only concern... not some straight forward fight to see which of them is the strongest.

Also, on the whole Starscream taking out Magnus bit... are people really so dense? I didn't see a fight between the two warriors. What I saw was Magnus get distracted by telling the other Autobots to get and stay behind him (he had every intention of fighting Starscream himself... who may I remind everyone was Megatron's second-in-command...) and while he was distracted Starscream fired a really powerful blast... also, let's not forget that he's got a freakin' allspark fragment in his head too.

It's true that Magnus probably isn't as powerful overall as he was during the Great War, but I still feel that in a one-on-one fight with either of these two without distractions he could still hold his own and either come out on top or at least make sure that they don't walk away unscathed as well. Also, I get the feeling that the writers have been 'Worfing' Ultra Magnus so to speak.