SPOILERS! Fall of Cybertron Sludge? SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by gokuz23, Aug 24, 2012.

?

What Should have Changed in FOC?

1. Nothing i loved it

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. The Ending

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. Put Sludge in and explain what happened to the Dinobots

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. The Whole Thing It Sucked

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Explain what happened to Bumble Bee

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Make another Sequel to Explain and Carry on the Story

20 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. gokuz23

gokuz23 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay so why did they choose not to put Sludge in the game, well they did but we only saw him in broken Robot Mode in a Swamp and his Dinosaur Mode in a Hologram so i honestly ask myself why bother even making the design if your not even going to use it? they could have easily have put him in the game and if it was because of costs (which i don't for see) they could have made him Silent and also so many things in the Campaign were left Unanswered: Did Grimlock Die when that Space Bridge Exploded? What happened to the Rest of the Dinobots and Shockwave, Bruticus was shot off into space so i get that, and what will happen to Optimus and Megatron? they both had a huge fight then went through the portal? they should have shown the Ark/Nemesis Landing on Earth unless their doing another game? Maybe the go to another planet like in Exiles? i don't know it was a great game i just wish they finished the puzzle they were making instead of leaving it with missing pieces. What are your thoughts? and also what the hell happened to Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Barricade?

2. fatesmagic

fatesmagic Tengen Toppa Megatron

We oughtta be able to pick more than one

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I really sorry for poor Sludge. I wonder if he made it out alive..Hopefully Rage of the Dinobots will explain this once it comes out in the Fall.

4. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'd kind of like to know where Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Ultra Magnus are in all of this. I mean, Prowl is Optimus' right hand bot, Ultra Magnus is basically commander of all Cybertronian forces similar to Shockwave, and Sunstreaker IS Sideswipe's brother and all, so what gives? If this does connect to Transformers Prime (such as Trypticon being reformatted into the Nemesis, Bumblebee's voice chip being smashed, among other things), where the heck are Arcee and Bulkhead, as well as some of the other Decepticons focused on in that series? I mean, I love all the G1 stuff that's in WFC and FoC, but if this really is tied to TF Prime, they really need to reconcile some of these continuity issues.

I also wouldn't mind knowing what happened to Skywarp and Thundercracker and Barricade.

5. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Like Tige said himself they take asthtetics from Prime not story mainly form G1.

6. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

It's called a cliffhanger. By the way, did I use snip right?

7. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Matt is Anit-SpaceBronto.

8. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Poll option : "Make another Sequel to Explain and Carry on the Story"

How does that change Fall of Cybertron as a game itself? Like they weren't going to make a sequel.

As far as what happened to Bumblebee. I'm guessing Hasbro requested that they make him mute like he is in everything else these days and they just threw it in because they had no choice. "How many different explanations do we need for a stupid idea like that?" they probably thought, and just left it at that.

9. Legend of Matt

Legend of Matt Aerialbot

It's a shame about Bumblebee, WFC Bumblebee was the best version of the character since G1 and now they've made like his lame Bayformers Prime version. I was rooting for Bumblebee to die all game since that change, they really ruined his character.

If Sludge was still alive, why didn't Jazz or Cliffjumper try to help him? Leaving him for dead is more of a Decepticon thing to do. I think the developers just got lazy and couldn't think of a way to write in all four.

I liked the game despite it's many flaws, WFC had the superior story structure and writing but I do prefer FoC's gameplay. It's a shame this "aligned continuity" BS is being forced on them.

10. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    I just want a Fall of Cybertron Dinobot Sludge action figure. That's all.

He can
    die
    if they want him to, but all I want is a toy of him.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    First: The WFC/FOC storyline is not a direct prequel to Prime. This is it's own story that is BASED off of G1. Basically High Moon's reinvention of G1.

Sludge - That did bother me a bit. Jazz's line when we first encounter him is that he is in stasis lock, when he pulls out his memory component. Later on in the game, when you see the holo of Sludge's alt mode and then proceed to listed to it's recording, Shockwave states that Sludge did not survive the Insecticon assault. And Grimlock says "Sludge didn't make it. Thing is, not one of them confirmed this for themselves, as Jazz is the only one to pick up an active signal ON TOP of verifying he is in stasis lock. I'd like to think this was left open for some campaign DLC involving the Dinobots. Which would also help to find out what happened to them after the space bridge event.

Bumblebee - Well and incredibly stupid and aggravating thing, due to the movies, now being forced into other media.

As far as Prime and Megatron are concerned, that we are left on as a cliffhanger. Whether they go straight to earth from there, or in another game end up planet-hopping before they get to their final destination, we will just have to wait and see. If for some reason this ends up being the last game, we can pretty much just assume that they end up on Earth and that is that.

We still have Starscream, who is also still on Cybertron during this time. Which also, if they were to do a campaign DLC for him, could explain what he is up to. We might even get to see him build his own army while enlisting the other seekers with the return of Skywarp and Thundercracker. Along with the debut of Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge.

High Moon pretty much gave themselves quite a few story trap doors to work with. Let's just hope it was intentional. ;)