[SPOILERS] CybPh at the Transformers Movie Philippine Premiere!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by lastmaximal, Jun 27, 2007.

1. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SPOILER SPACE RACE!

Okay, So that's cool.

Cybertron Philippines was in attendance at the Premiere/Press Screening of the 2007 Transformers Movie, courtesy of United International Pictures and Solar Entertainment Corporation. The somewhat simple night started off with cocktails courtesy of Rasa, an upscale Singaporean-style restaurant with awesome satay chicken, and dessert from the new Dairy Queen.

The apparent simplicity of the event belied the excitement evident in everyone's eyes, even as the Cosplay PH/Cybertron Philippines cosplay corps strutted their stuff and entertained attendees who were in line to receive their super-cool, specially printed premiere night tickets. Before long the show was under way...

Seriously, if you're still reading, expect teh spoilarz.

SPOILERS! TURN BACK NOWNOWNOW.

Everything is as you've heard it. Shia's comic timing is really good, Peter Cullen is indeed Prime and Hugo Weaving is indeed Megatron, and Megan Fox is hawtness. "I'll drive, you shoot"? YES MA'AM.

General, random memories and impressions formed by my still-jazzed up [ahem] mind.

- Transformers is a freakin mainstream HIT here. Aside from the Cybertron Philippines people, not many audience members were hardcore fans. But they were laughing along and APPLAUDING at the transformation sequences and the meaningful moments.
    - That said, it's a very Michael Bay film. Slow mo sunsets, slow mo helicopter flights, big camera pans from back to front, shaky camera work, BOOOOOOOOOOM.
    - Cybertron is a spiky lava planet ravaged by war. Cool.
    - The Allspark is a space saver!
    - Prequel comic ties in well, mostly. Archibald Witwicky, the glasses, Sector 7, NBE1...
    - More Than Meets The Eye comes up more than once, at reasonable times. Sam regrets saying it almost immediately afterwards though, calling it a "stupid line." :D 
    - Bumblebee speaks! But only a line or two at the very end. Still, HIS comic timing is impeccable -- playing particular songs at JUST the right times.
    - Sector 7 representative = douchebag. It's worth it when Bee 'pees' on him. They're decommissioned at the end though.
    - Anthony Anderson - character is ultimately superfluous but very funny.
    - Best bring lots of Suspension of Disbelief for the moments where ANYONE could've seen Frenzy slinking about, or heard the stomping, or the giant voices... but didn't.
    - Jazz... poor Jazz. Rather garbled voice aside, he was awesome, with his breakdancing transformation and his Spidey-like posing and swinging and his "What's crackin, little bitches?" WAS. Went down fighting, even in the grip of the immense Megatron. "You want a piece of me?" Apparently, Megs wants TWO...
    - Bumblebee has an Autobot-signal!
    - Most of the Decepticons speak in Cybertronian, with very cool transforming Cybertronian-to-English subtitles.
    - Brawl is indeed named Devastator.
    - Transformers can smell humans. Ratchet makes a funny comment about Sam's pheromones indicating he wanted to mate with Mikaela. Hell, don't we all.
    - Does Hardtop appear? Something similarly shaped and colored to him does. Nice jeeps.
    - Prime is a freakin BADASS in this one. Bonecrusher being an ass? No problem, let's orange-energon-blade his head right off!
    - Frenzy is annoying, and is seen way too many times.
    - Barricade, on the other hand, is AWESOME, and is seen transforming in mid-run a lot. However after he gets beat up by Bumbles he doesn't show up until the getting-together-for-Megatron sequence, after which he promptly drives off and is never seen again. Boo-urns.
    - Traditional TF sound heard once when Blackout transforms at the start. Similar sounds [whirring and clanking flanged to sound like the classic sound] heard from then on.
    - I don't think I heard "This world must learn from its own mistakes, not ours" from Prime, sadly. That was my favorite of all the lines in the contest.. he does say "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" and "One shall stand, one shall fall" though. He also says "That's my bad."
    - Not a lot of characterization for the 'cons, sadly, as they're merely Evil Space Aliens. Screamer has like two lines at most, Megs has quite a few, Brawl, Blackout and Bonecrusher have like GROOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRROWWWWL. But all of their action sequences are frellin amazing.
    - Speed Dial isn't exactly in the movie, but he comes close. S7 turns a Nokia cell phone into a rabid [sparkless?] little bot by channeling the Allspark's power into a beam.
    - We need to have a toy of the TRANSFORMING VENDING MACHINE [more Allspark action].
    - The Ending: Megatron dies along with the Allspark. Prime saves a shard of it. Megs' corpse is shown dumped into an ocean trench, where it will theoretically freeze. Prime introspectively notes that this is their home now, since with the Allspark Cybertron cannot be rescued/revived... and calls upon Autobots still out there. "We're here, and we're waiting."
    - End-of-film credit clips: two clips of the [S7-brainwashed?] Witwicky parents being interviewed about the alien invasion by the press, and then one of... Starscream? flying into the atmosphere with burning atmospheric resistance [like burning up on reentry but going backwards].

More as i recall it. This movie was worth waiting all this time, folks. And it'll only get better. I am definitely seeing it with different sets of friends, multiple times.

2. B4MV

B4MV Member

I heard from some spoilers that Blackout did say one line after they manage to free Megatron in the hover dam place. I think he said: All hail Megatron in cybertronian. And at the latest japanese trailer you can hear Bonecrusher say something right after his transformation.

3. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    i want to know if anyone has seen that movie that also read/saw all the spoliers.

if so, did it have an effect on you, or when seeing the actual movie the spoilers are forgotten and you just enjoy the movie?

4. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    they all said All Hail Megatron in Cybertronian, yes. and Bonecrusher seemed to just be growling randomly.

as for spoilers... the second-to-last round of tv spots was the last i allowed myself to see [energon axe/sword and all]. i came into this movie as a fan, but as an imfored fan -- not informed by spoilers, but knowing what i could REALISTICALLY expect from a movie with this many variables and this set of factors to consider. and i enjoyed the hell out of it!