[SPOILERS]Could the Pagani Huayra Be...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I just bought a Hot Wheel of a Pagani. Why do I have this feeling that getting a toy of a Pagani will be like the Ferrari 458?

2. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

I wouldn't worry about that. Ferrari and the VW group are weird about their brands. VW group is somehow still freaked out by WW2 and thinks they'll be put in a bad light and Ferrari is greedy as fuck and consistently asks ridiculous sums to feature their products - lots of companies refuse, from racing games to toy companies.

Pagani is a small start-up, and they're not run by some corporate hivemind.

3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pagani has toys. And Bugatti is part of VW ;)  So everything is good for the toys.

4. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Not necessarily. We got a toy of Sideways and Dino, but neither toy was accurate to the vehicle. There was no R8 or Italia alt-mode, just something similar, because Ferrari and Audi didn't allow the licensing.

So, that could definitely happen again with some of the vehicles. But I doubt it will happen with the Pagani cuz Horatio Pagani does not have his head up his ass the way VW Group and Ferrari do.

5. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yes

6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is true, but what I'd say is that as Bugatti approached Bay to have the car featured in the movie, the smart thing to do as part of the negotiations would be to ensure rights to toy licensing could be secured, after all, the car company were actually asking to have their car featured as a TF. I think after the slight mess with the DOTM line, Hasbro and the movie production team should have learnt their lesson.

7. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    Do you have the exact source where you got that info that Bugatti approached Michael Bay?

Seeing as how Mercedes Benz is somewhat partnered with McLaren, would it be fair to say that Hasbro has successfully acquired rights to make a McLaren toy?

8. User_136440

News Credits:
  9. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
  10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    That I don't know. But the McLaren as well as those other cars that popped up in Hong Kong were privately owned so I would not expect to see any of them as toys in the line. But you never know. As for the Argosy, its from the same company that offered up the OP truck and we have toys based in the new truck for OP so there is no reason why the Argosy can't be made a toy.

11. User_136440

News Credits:
    Exactly, and as far as I remember it was said the truck was built by them for the film, even though it has many stock features, so like OP, BB, the Corvette and Sonic I can't imagine the company would agree to customise a vehicle but then not agree to allow merchandise licensed from it, which is why we got licensed Barricades but not Sideways I guess as Saleen custom built the cop car but the R8 was pretty much a stock model. I'm guessing Mercedes allowed their car to be used for Soundwave due to the blatant product placement and as another of their cars was used as an Autobot.

12. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Exactly.

13. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Even though his name was revealed as Stinger, I believe that he represents the Dead End of the cinematic Stunticons, who I strongly believe will be involved in Transformers 4. I mean look at the vehicle; it screams Dead End. I highly doubt it's an Autobot.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    And I have asked this a few times now. Do you believe it to be dead end because its red and there are other un-named cars that could be Stunticons? My real question is, do you really see Bay making Dead End a red sports car?

15. User_136440

News Credits:
    And like I've said several times, there's no need for Stunticons per se in the movie-verse as Decepticon cars are nothing out of the ordinary in this continuity unlike in G1 where they were a whole new concept - even if they were done as a combiner, which I highly doubt, the likelihood of them all having the original names is pretty slim.

16. Trobotprime

Trobotprime Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    In that second vid, Tucci is yelling up at a larger TF. It has to be a TF KSI was involved in creating. I just don't see him yelling at a Autobot like that. And with as high up the camera was and he looked up to yell, it does not seem like he yelling at a Car TF. It's either a Dinobot of some sort or the Argosy (in my opinion)

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Trobotprime, why did you take down the second vid?

19. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Lol ok I see now, maybe it is a Bot then and he either bends down and pushes him like "come on let's get going" or it kicks him lol. But regardless, its a larger Bot then.ncan someone make out what he says when he turns to yell?