Spoilers a problem ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by vektsilver, May 13, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Anyone else here in the same boat I am that no matter how much you dont want to see them you end up in the spoiled section of the viewing fan base.

I stopped watching the show on saturdays because the Canadian xvids are a week ahead of us. Then thereare the updates coming on episode 28 already this is just starting to feel like there are way to many spoilers going on here its almost impossible to avoid them.

Not to say the spoilers arent appreciated but I just wish it wasn't front paged every time so I feel compelled to see them.

I still enjoy the show immensely but the mystery is quickly evaporating lol

Why couldnt the airing of this show be the same episode on the same days worldwide really. It would atleast be nice to be on the same page with canada lol.

thats it! I moving Dubai here I come :) 

2. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

i kind of agree with you
    i dont like knowing whats gonna happen but then again i kinda do

its weird but its fun seeing info so fast about an episode
    and then when it dose come out you can just enjoy watching it

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Eh, spoilers don't really bother me. Hearing about all these cool things just gives me something to look forward to and makes me want to watch the episode all the more to see how exactly things pan out.

As for Canada being ahead of us... well, blame that on them showing the Ben 10 Alien Force premier and setting us back an episode. Otherwise they were right there with us. And Dubai is ahead because they show their episodes daily. If we were doing daily episodes we'd be done by now too. :) 

4. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Doesn't bother as much as it used to.

Still there is something to be said about containing enthusiasm and giving the plot
    away.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My biggest concern, and I thought of it this morning, is that with Canada getting the show one week ahead, I have stopped waking up on Saturday's to watch, and just download the Xvid, thus, they are receiving less viewers because of that. I hope HasNetwork realizes that this is not a lack of interest, rather, they chose, in this modern day of Internet, to air a show one week before our neighbors and downloading is so simple now, that I am not going to sit on a an episode for a week. I am going to download it.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Windcharger, I'm not sure if your viewer ship counts if you're not part of the Neilson ratings system. Which isn't a voluntary thing you can join.

As for people not wanting spoilers, try to have more self control is the only thing I can suggest. It's not like TFW posts the pictures and the summaries on the main page.

I personally am ok with seeing pictures of new characters but avoid the summaries.
    Only thing I really worry about is people talking about those spoilers outside of their particular topics.

7. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

I completely agree.

On another note, who would have thought that Ultra Magnus would retire and Wheelie would become the Autobot Supreme Commander? Totally unexpected...

:wink: 

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoilers do not bother me I still DVR the episode and watch them several times. Even if I have already read about the episode or know how it ends. I still watch it regardless.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    <--- This, except for substituting DVRing for Torrenting.

10. vektsilver

They certainly do post pictures just not all of them. If I had never seen the Starscream pic I probably could have resisted. Lets face if its a spoiler it would be nice if it just stayed in the spoilers section.

I know thats not gonna happen. Self control is tough when the pic of your facvorite TF is on the Main page sitting there all smug taunting you with their fate :)  lol

maybe the same way a site has a low bandwidth page and hi bandwidth page we could have a no spoiler page and an uber spoiler page :)  lol

11. vektsilver

People who advertise during those shows would disagree with your opinion :) 

still the fact there are downloads going on instead of actual viewings can only have a negative impact on the TV show cause maybe some of those nielsen homes are doing the same thing. I think maybe we should make canada watch the ben ten episode to put them back a week lol.

Just kidding my northern border freinds I wouldnt wish that upon you :) 

12. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Using two post two respond to one post is a bit.. odd.
    But they shouldn't have put that starscream pic on the front page.
    I agree with that.

Although the other thing I said wasn't an opinion, it's just what *I think* is fact.(I'm not to sure in this area so I don't want to say any absolutes)
    and I was talking about th show's ratings, not people watching the advertisements.
    Although since I am part of the neilson ratings system I try to watch every airing of animated. Even the weekday ones. Although I'm not sure if cartoon network is really cares about the 18-40s demographic watchiing transformers.

13. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Same with skipping commercials with Tivo... That's stealing TV :D 

14. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Spoilers are news. You're on a transformers news site. I'm surprised no one sees the irony here.