[SPOILERIFIC]IDW Decepticon Moles

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Shipmeadow, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

So Brainstorm is probably a decepticon spy, but who else?
    Is it just me, or does pretty much every other scientist/engineer 'bot read like autobots in title only?

You got the likes of Flame, Skyfall, Atomizer, and even Chromedome to a degree.
    Just read off the list of the guys stationed at the kimia facility. Mainframe for instance who exhibited some anti-xenos tendencies like most cons in the latest issue, and who also conveniently abandoned trailcutter to be slaughtered.

Megatron himself said that he had a type he would recruit as moles, but multiple other cons with powerful presences have taken reign over fragmented decepticon groups throughout history. Perhaps someone like, say, shockwave had planted double agents with proclivities towards the sciences?

What do you guys think? Any other theories? Am i just completely off? (in some ways i do wish im completely off base) Or is shockwave truly continuing to mess with all the things all the time even beyond the grave? If true, why does james roberts love blaming shockwave for everything? Seriously, i knew this guy one time with a cycloptian fetish- IS JAMES ROBERTS A CYCLOPS FETISHIST? OH GOD THAT EXPLAINS ALL THE EMPURATA. ISNT THAT THREE-OF-TWELVE GUY COMING BACK TOO?

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I highly doubt Flame was a mole. Assumedly Aequitas would've seen through that and I'd say that the ideas behind LSOTW would be significantly reduced had some of those judged not really been Autobots at al.

Skyfall was kind of a mole as he was the one that gave Gideon's Glue to the Decepticons, although that was far more because he wanted to get rid of Ironfist then him legitimately wanting to help the Decepticons.

And as for Mainframe not liking organics, Tailgate didn't really seem fond of them either. I don't think its a huge deal that implies any darker identity.

3. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

Aequitas can calculate guilt, but who knows what that entails exactly. Does a specific inquiry need to be brought forth? Does it base the level of guilt on some unknown constant? Is it variable to each person's conscience? Does it run on some kind of common sense drive?
    Though, you are completely right, and in fact it'd be funnier if someone came across some list of moles many of whom were scientists and exclaimed something like, "oh mannnn, that explains that asshole flame guy!" Only to look closer at the list and realize flame isn't on there, "nope, nevermind, he's just a jackass."

4. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If the 'type' in Nightbeat, who else does that point to? I can't think of many bots like Nightbeat!

5. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a good point. Skids, for example, passed a quasi-Aequitas simply because he was mind-wiped.

6. gregles

gregles quintesson

I'm starting to think Brainstorm is guilty of lots of things but innocent of collaborating with the D.J.D. or the Decepticons in general as it strikes me as incredibly dumb and incriminating for an undercover agent to wear a Decepticon symbol anywhere on their person. That symbol could be a sign of his innocence as he is being framed due to his bad reputation.

7. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I understood it to be because he was at peace with himself. He had learned about his forgotten memories, and accepted them without guilt or shame.

8. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I don't want to see Brainstorm as an "obvious villian is obvious." It just seems so out of character from what we've seen so far of the brilliant, weapon making, scared of dying genius. I can handle a "Manchurian Institute Candidate" maybe, but not an outright bad guy. I'm sure we'll get a chance to know what he is when he eventually fires his C.C. Gun even if Nautica says the notion is long discredited. It would be funny if the laser came out "GRAY"

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Brainstorm could have had the Decepticon Symbol as maybe a prototype version of the holo badge Hot Rod used when he infiltrated Styx all those years ago. Or it was planted, and Brainstorm is just an amoral cowardly jerk