[SPOILER] Transformers Prime Season Finale - OSR-P3 - First Aired in Singapore

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by sG_KYo, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Also, No Starscream. AND NO GODDAMN SILAS.

WHAT THE HELL, TFP?

Awesome episode, though.

2. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I wonder if Prime's faking it in order to get at Megs, or at least change the direction of the Decepticons...can't wait for next season :) 

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IIRC, it comes right after Megatron and Optimus' back-to-back badasses segment.

No, you can tell by his facial expressions that he's genuinely confused.

This show absolutely nails emotive aspects like that. Especially with Prime, who's generally so stoic otherwise.

4. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as he wants peace, I doubt he would use his past friendship with Megatron to get it. It's not like him, no matter how pissed off he is. Now if it were Megatron who lost his memories...

I wouldn't be surprised if Miko came up with that theory though.

jD001

5. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I think Prime or someone said the Matrix would put him back into "stasis". The pull of the planetary alignment brought him out of stasis, and that's one of those "happens once in a billion years" occurrences. I don't think he's dead.

And now we know the Matrix is more powerful than the gravitational pull of 47 aligned planets, or some such technobabble. Anyone with a physics degree know how powerful that is? :p 

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, it's definitely not too powerful that Optimus can't hold it in his chest like a set of keys in his pocket. Dang, Prime, you strong! ;)  This basically means that Optimus...is like the strongest thing in the universe!

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Planet alignments don't mean shit in real life. This whole....ugh...mystical pseudo-science stuff just pisses me off! :lol 

On a note what a great way to end the series I think. The last five episodes or so more than makes up for the mediocre body of the series. I love Megatron's bastard move at the end. Can't wait to see how season 2 goes about!

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not surprise Bob and Alex produced series use semi-scientific mystical stuff. Those guys love that shit, I recall Bob suggesting a book he read about egypt and constelattions stuff back in the day in Don Murphy's forum.

9. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    It's just...for me it's beyond suspension of disbelief. It's throwing out the baby with the bath water...the complete, utter thrashing and destruction of even freshmen college level science! If planetary alignments actually impacted the planet in disastrous ways then I doubt biological life would have lasted long enough to have the level of sophistication and diversification that we do today. Alignments happen approximately every 57 years, give or take a few. That means the Autobots have a VERY busy schedule ahead of them, putting Unicron back to sleep every six decades!

That's what gets me about the premise. If you even have the most barebones basic understanding of science it makes ZERO sense. The premise isn't asking me to suspend my disbelief...it's asking me to abandon everything I know about science, astronomy and cosmology...

10. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    In the infinite wisdom of the Joker, "Why so serious?"

It's a cartoon. Beat anybody about the head who thinks the 47 sphere phenomenom could happen in real life and move on.

11. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    It's not eating up my life or anything. Can't I complain about something I object about the show? That's what discussion is for, isn't it? :thumbdown 

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    O B.....don't think we need the spoiler tags, if folks are in this thread, they've watched or want to know..
    They said releasing the maxtrix into Unicron would place him back in stasis, so he's just asleep for a few million more years. :) 

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It's a mystical sphere aligning [between 47 planets, including GODDAMN CYBERTRON, it seems], it is SUPPOSED to be mysteriously mystical.

If you find it so mind-boggling, it's not hard to come up with an explanation, like, say, The "Spheres" aligning mark the date where Unicron comes back, NOT THE CAUSE of his return [the show never hints the alignment caused his return, so it's entirely possible this theory is correct].

Juust being careful.
    But what I meant with killed was getting rid of him so early, COME ON, that's John Noble, he should be the main villain for a while.

14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I believe it WAS explained in part 1 of the season finale that it is the planetary alignment that caused his awakening. Trust me though...I'm ONLY bugged out by the whole planetary alignment.

The other thing that really makes me groan is the thought of Unicron being even big enough to accrete enough material to form a planet. It would assume that the area was clear of any other larger chunks of stuff left over from the accretion disk that formed the sun and that there wasn't already a budding planet in the way when Unicron came sailing in.

I'm willing suspend that one however BECAUSE it could've been the case that the local area was rather clear and that Unicron was large enough to accrete material. This is acceptable...but planetary alignment no so much.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Gotcha!! And I agree, John Noble was an amazing Unicron..he scared me!! :eek: 

:lol 

16. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup,even me does not expect that coming but oh well,waiting for season 2