[SPOILER] Transformers Prime Season Finale - OSR-P3 - First Aired in Singapore

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by sG_KYo, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    The way ratings work in America is completely goofed up. Basically, unless the Nielsen foundation picks you and sends you a device that hooks up to your TV called a "Set Meter", then nobody knows what you're watching or when you're watching it.

The IDEA is that the Nielsen Foundation picks a random selection of households in America with Televisions, and then sends them meters, with each meter representing a couple thousand households. Ideally you could just take the numbers from the meters, multiply them a few times, and boom, tell who is watching what.

The PROBLEM is that of the 114,500,000 American households with televisions, the Nielsen foundation sends out meters to only 25,000 of them, or about .02% of the total number of houses with televisions. So in essence, the foundation considers one individual with a Nielsen meter to be equivalent to about 4,500 houses.

So that's why you shouldn't put too much stock in ratings. If everyone in your entire city tuned in and watched Transformers Prime, if none of them had a Set Meter than nobody would ever know.

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Don't jump a shark until you know it won't bite you in the ass.

/you may be a tad early in saying "permanent", just so you know

3. NFossil

NFossil Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    Even just saying "No" would be awesome.
    In a strange, static filled, heavily processed twisted voice that sounds like he's forgotten how to speak perhaps.

4. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I couldn't do it, guys. I just couldn't do it. I wanted to wait 'till Saturday, but nerves got the better of me and I became weak and watched it online. Oh, my God. I'm kicking myself in the ass not waiting to watch this in HD.

Soundwave . . . sweet Jesus. I really don't having anything to say, except finally.

I am so glad Airachnid survived. I thought this was it for her just from the promo, and I almost felt sick during the episode and the fight. She may be my favorite character but so much can happen with her character, and there are plots that hadn't been resolved with her yet, so it made sense she didn't die.

Extinguishing Unicron's spark: Yeah, I don't think they will just use The Chaos Bringer for 3 episodes. Something will happen later, I'm sure.

And for the ending with Optimus, I'm gonna M. Night Shyamalan that--WHAT A TWIST!

5. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

everytime i tried too watch it on you-tube it says no longer availalbe. this sucks i really wanted to watch it tonite!!

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I was able to watch it on youtube today. Lost my resistance after listening to the last Prime Time. All I'll say is this was epic! I was a little concerned the ending was accomplished too easily until that final twist. Now I'm glad season two is only a month away and that the toys may be out as early as November as well. Also, it makes me really want to read Exlies now considering how this ep just made Exodus cannon.

7. Morgred

Morgred Banned

I do not take those as prequels, they aren't even in canon with themselves!

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Okay then just cut out WFC. Exodus and Exiles match up very well with Prime.

And even if people don't consider them prequels Hasbro does, so in their minds they've given us sufficient setup for the Matrix to be in Prime.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of WFC, did anybody else catch that "over-the-shoulder" camera segment with Arcee, as she was gunning down antibodies? Total WFC callback with that bit. Almost looked straight out of the game.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

Actually, I've noticed that they are counting shows viewed with DVR counted in as an additional column, so yes, I would say they know that we are DVRing our fave shows and counting them for their records.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    jg...I haven't had any trouble, this one isn't as clear as some others, did you try this link??

Transformers Prime - One Shall Rise, Part 3 - YouTube

12. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Good, because DVR is a Godsend. Love watching my shows when I want to.

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

Doh and here i was thinking i found it on youtube first and got the first post in on the matter

14. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Someone probably said this already, but Megatron's line, "He's preparing to expel us." is really chilling. Nice performance, Frank Welker. One Shall Rise Parts 1-3 really knocked it out of the park. Excited to see Part 3 in HD this weekend.

OP is in true hero form: helping out Bulkhead, caring for an injured Megatron, saving the entire earth. Love that guy.

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And all it cost him was his memories... he's a better person than I'll ever be... :lol 

jD001

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A great episode. Sooo much goodness in it. I mean you got action... a surprising amount of story background added in... and a twist that folks will probably not expect whatsoever.

Can't wait for next season.

17. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just finished watching... just.. WOW.. Didn't see that ending coming.......

18. Morgred

Morgred Banned

Ill have to check back on that.

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

AWESOME episodes, probably my favorite of this season finale alongside "One Shall Fall".

Highlights:
    - Soundwave. Just...Soundwave.
    - Optimus and Megatron in their back-to-back badasses moment.
    - Megatron, as usual, steals everyone's thunder ["MEGATRON TAKES COMMAND FROM NO ONE!"].
    - Optimus' stand against Unicron, in a more loose sense of the word "stand".
    - ACTION SCENES. AWESOME ACTION SCENES.
    - AWESOME twist ending.

Things I didn't like about it:
    -
    They killed Unicron? FUCK'S SAKE MAN! I hope they bring him back at the next season's premiere.
    - No Wheeljack. Meh.

20. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Very nice. If they keep up this quality, this might be my definitive Transformers canon.

I kinda like how they went all the way to the top with prior-series call outs and brought in Unicron season 1. His origin story was awesome, too. I think that it would be great if they did completely new stuff from here on out.