SPOILER THREAD for those who watched Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wrecker217, Sep 14, 2013.

1. sonicwing

sonicwing Well-Known Member

It would be like the first half of Transformers Robots in Disguise. But the real question is: Who will lead the Autobots now that Optimus is gone??

2. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    We could go with the whole Smokeprime thing.

3. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

Strictly as a guess Id say Ultra Magnus. (he after all was Optimus' second in command)

4. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

fair enough.
    Yeah, being as strong as he was, he was oppressed, but never felt what it was like to be oppressed AND powerless.

5. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I thought so too, you never know. If they do I hope they go the beast wars route. I'm getting tired of the same G1 reinvented story and characters.

6. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

How about Ultra Magnus with Smokescreen and Ratchet as "consultants"? As close as we can get to the TFA Elite Guard in TFP.

7. KojiroTakenashi

KojiroTakenashi New Member

So I created an account just so I could discuss this movie.

First and foremost, it had probably the best ending line of any Transformers series, ever. Heck, its right up there with one of the best lines in all of Science Fiction, ever!

That being said, I really do hope the next series continues on with this timeline. What they've been doing with Aligned is truly spectacular and has really supplanted G1 as the "Prime" continuity. I can sort of envision in my mind's eye each of the Transformers universes sort of radiating outward from this one.

I'm hopefully not alone in thinking this, but I'm thinking the follow-up should be sort of a bridge series between Prime and a hypothetical Aligned continuity Beast Wars. Let's look at some of the ways this could fit:

- Owing to Aligned's Great War, smaller more energy-efficient forms really do make more sense. SynthEn is great and all, but I'm thinking they would conclude (maybe even via Shockwave) that it would be the logical thing to do. It would also perhaps allow for better interactions with creatures like humans.

- We have Predacons. While the Predacons are huge, Predaking actually seems to be quite honourable in character. Dinobot was pretty big on honour, and it didn't ever really come across as something that was ever unique to him, and although he did turn that up several notches it always seemed to me that it was something more like a part of his heritage. Additionally, I can see more than a few former Decepticons gravitating towards the Predaking's style of government. Skylynx and Darksteel seem to round out the kinds of personalities that Predacons have historically had.

- Airachnid could easily be Tarantulas's ancestor. I actually suspect - owing to her purple eyes - that she was always a Unicron and that is why she was capable of harnessing what the vampiric condition had done to her.

- The Matrix of Leadership becomes one with The Allspark...bam, we have The Matrix that Beast Wars refers to.

- As an aside to these ideas, Starscream can probably still end up as an "Energon Ghost" or some such. Notice how Megatron's use of Dark Energon left him unable to join with The Allspark. Who else used Dark Energon? Starscream. Methinks he's going to be trapped in limbo now that Unicron is sealed away.

- Another aside, I'm sure that Soundwave remained on The Nemesis.

- There's Six Lasers Over Cybertron. Shush don't spoil my bit of fun.

- The recovery methods shown and utilized by both Maximals and Predacons could have been developed by the Cyberforming technology stumbled upon by Shockwave. Note especially the similarity between what happened to Bumblebee and the baths that the BW Predacons used.

- Prehistoric Earth (but remember, the sequel could be a "bridge" series) could have been experimented on by the Vok because it is Unicron.

- I think Hasbro is really interested in continuing Aligned, but is seeking justification. Sales of Predacons Rising may be a gauge as to how interested people are in getting more Aligned.

- It seems just silly that so many things that came right out of Beast Wars are really perfected in Aligned, and that couldn't somehow segue into a Maximal/Cybertron/Predacon transitional era.

It seems like there are some hints that there is in some untold future a Beast Wars-like era in Aligned. There are probably some extremely interesting stories to tell in the times in-between, and I think Aligned's overall style is the perfect format to tell these stories in. Plus, they could even keep the "more family friendly" style they're looking for, now that severe dismemberment is a whole lot less permanent. I'm pretty sure that both Shockwave and Ratchet are going to continue developing this technology.

Regardless, they wrote themselves plenty of openings that a sequel to Prime can continue...its just that a middle ground between Prime and Beast Wars is only logical.

8. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

Just watched it today, and I think it was a great ending to a decent show. I'm really a fan of how everything was neatly wrapped up. Not disappointed.

9. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

late to the party oh well here goes! felt like they could of have a scene where soundwave just comes out of the shadowzone with all the autobots shocked and horrified and he just takes off with Megatron when he says he's done with being evil and all that stuff I'm mean that would of been a nice simple thing to add that would make fans of soundwave happy to some extent.

10. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 I found a Macguffin.

Dang. That...sounds plausible. Weird.

11. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards! And a very interesting first post!

12. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    I thought not including or even mentioning the kids here was extremely half-assed. I don't even like the kids, but are we to believe that Ratchet can create instantaneous space bridges to Cybertron and none of the kids and/or Autobots want to visit each other? Not even Miko and Bulkhead? Give me a break.

13. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Well I was surprised the kids weren't featured, but not that upset, hehe.