[SPOILER] Minicons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Dec 10, 2013.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember a while back there was interview with Lorenzo di Bonaventura about looking into bringing Minicons to the big screen in an interview during pre-production for Transformers 3. Here's a reference:

Transformers 3 Exclusive - IGN

LDB: I love the Mini-Cons actually - I think they're very cool. I love the lore - every time we approach one of these movies, we go back and read everything we can about it - that's how we came across the Fallen. I thought that was such an interesting idea - that there's sort of a Judas within the mythology. For me, I like the surprise of that. Each time I sit down to give my vote, I like to re-read it and discover what I think. But I think the Mini-Cons are really cool.

Any chance that the
    Transformers being manufactured in China to be Minicons
    , considering their size and how realistic it can be
    manufactured by humans versus large sized Transformers?
    It can also be worked into an angle where the Decipticons (or what's left of them) are trying to either build a slave labor population to rebuild (the motivation in TF3) or build a new army.

Thoughts?

2. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I love minicons

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's about as likely as any of the other fan-theories that don't really have any concrete evidence, currently.

But hey, it's a neat concept, why not.

4. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I still don't get why we tag speculation as spoilers.

5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm I doubt it. I mean they're kind of already going to have to justify why there are giant transforming Dinosaurs, let alone why humans would want to create Transformers that only turn into miniature versions of vehicles. I mean, really, what would be the point of that? lol

I've kind of thought of the small bots like Wheelie, Brains and Frenzy a bit like the movie-verse equivalent of minicons anyway. It's possibly no coincidence that it's only one letter more than minion...

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

If they were to put mini-cons in the movie, how would they portray them? The mini-cons from the Armada show were a bunch of mentally challenged pagers; walking around and beeping all day. The ones from the comic were living thinking robots you could empathize with.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It would be cool if Mini-Cons are the by-product of the chinese knockoff factory.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Shouldn't all the tiny transformers throughout all three movies be considered minicons? Hell, Wheelie even turns into a tiny truck.

9. Motormaster16

Motormaster16 Stunticon

Ebay:
    )

This thread spoiled nothing. Correct,Rarity! :) 

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont think so, since they weren't shown as anything separate from normal cybertronians except in terms of size. They'd be closer akin to minibots, I'd say.

11. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

I love minicons.

Just hope they don't make that noise they did in Armada. Only thing that annoyed me about them.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubt it - mostly due to the toyline that we know of. We know the main focus is on the Dinobots - and granted they talked about them briefly in the ROTF behind-the-scenes about teased the potential of Dinobots, Minicons and Unicron - yet I feel its a tad too soon still for minicons.

Maybe its starting to establish that aspect - which could be the direction we see the fifth film go. However the fourth seems full enough with the Dinobot plotline, Anti-Transformer plotline and the 'evil' human plotline.

13. User_136440

News Credits:
    The one problem I've always had with introducing lots of new factions/types of Cybertronians is the fact that we're being told there's this war that's been raging on another planet for thousands, maybe millions of years, between Autobots and Decepticons with no mention of any other type of Transformer. And then within the space of a few years it's like, 'whoops, we've just remembered we had some Primes, oh and some Seekers', and now it's a possibility it'll be a case of 'oh look we've found those Dinobots that we forgot about' lol So introducing minicons (which are a cool toy gimmick, I'm just not sure how they'd make sense in live action) would be another 'ah yes, after thousands of years of fighting there appears to be yet another group of Cybertronians we didn't know about...'

I'd rather just have the Transformers have something interesting to do than keep having different variations (combiners, triple-changers, multi-changers, head-masters, power-masters, micro-masters) introduced. Dinobots are kind of cool and definitely huge TF icons so I get why they're being thrown into the mix, but I don't know that there's a need to explore all other avenues just because they exist.

14. primelock LSC

primelock LSC TITAN

absolutely! great point, I always thought those guys to be minicons, even scalpel. and I guess they had pretenders too with alice. whats next, headmasters and targetmasters? lol

15. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    I thought Frenzy was confirmed to be a Mini-Con?

16. User_136440

News Credits:
    I dunno, but it kind of fits with the pairing/symbiotic nature of bots like Barricade/Frenzy and Soundwave with Ravage/Wheelie/Laserbeak, and kind of Blackout/Scorponok even though Scorpy isn't exactly mini lol