SPOILER: Hope for Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ra88, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I noticed a couple of small things from the leaked concept art:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also noticed that the legs are different, more massive, but that might just be the ice.

It's probably coincidence, but I hope I'm right.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    just to be fair, that pic there is obviously digital

no doubt and for all we know its been printed out and initialed by the both of them already

as for differences in the concept and the dismembered prop, for one the concept is obviously going to be more detailed than any life sized prop [i mean. its a big prop. they're not gonna go all out on that, especially when they'll probably just overlay the digital chars over it or whatever], and 2, its covered in ice/icicles. things probably come off a bit different/distorted

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, I assume that this concept art was leaked by one of the ILM crew members. However, if it's the final design that was sent to the CGI department, then it would be checked to avoid confusion if another Megatron concept ended up there.

4. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Well-Known Member

why are these transformers coming out with chicken feet?

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    One of the producers came out and said the board we've seen is a very early concept and there's good reason for his look to be so different from his G1 persona. But if you're looking for hope, he did mention some things about Megatron, including "throughout time, he has had a very big gun." You'll notice in this design he has no gun.

6. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Wait I know. It's to get to the other side!

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Because umm they aren't alien like enough already? :throw 

8. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Is Spielberg on a cruise right now or something?

9. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Probly working on Jurrasic park 4

10. piherculis

piherculis Look up once in a while

The title of this thread sounds like a movie in itself.

11. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

See this thread.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I love how everyone is so quick to point out the "unchecked" box, like it means anything. Others with more inside info than I have said this IS the final design.

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    which is funny you say that, because over and over again the people working on this movie [producers etc] have said these ARENT the final designs

o__O

im sorry did i? did i just? oh yeah, i guess i kinda did just bust open your arguement :\
    i sorry :\

O__o

14. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Oh Snap!

Anyhoo, I figure if these aren't the final designs. Maybe they're still tweaking it a bit, ya know so there aren't so many panties in a bunch. Its possible they could have done a full head/body change perhaps, something more that people can recognize, or it might just be small minute changes. Won't know for sure until July or if Megs gets shown at all in a trailer.

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, you really didn't. They have been saying stuff and using double-speak just to get us to shut up lately, but I guess we really won't know for sure until later. That, and they already handed out the design portfolios or whatever they are called to different companies working on the merchandise, but I suppose they could update them if they had to. Who knows exactly WHICH designs the producers consider not final and final? The toy protos have been made already, which is a good sign that those won't change. Not a definite sign, but a good one.

I HOPE they change Megs and Starscream, but I don't think they will. Besides, they already built the Megs in ice, so his arms and legs at least probably won't change.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hehe

to quote Don Murphy in a recent interview

"...people have seen stolen snapshots, early concept art, early prototypes stolen from hasbros vault or whatever, but until you actually see the transformers in a full 3D environment, until you see it walk, until you see what we're trying to bring it to you, then hold your opinion...im convinced that what you see what ILM is doing a lot of fans concerns will be put to rest"

and ya know dude, honestly id trust these guys, the producers, the people actually working on a movie than some fan who thinks he knows how things work

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Notice how he didn't say anything changed. At all. All he said was hold your judgement until you see them move. Not sure why you would use that quote, since it doesn't prove your point. In fact, it helps mine - he skirts the issue entirely.

I do know how one thing works - spin. When something comes out that riles up the public, the first thing you do is talk it down and put a spin on it.

I have no proof these are final - you have no proof they aren't.

That unchecked box provides hope, but it doesn't prove that that Megs isn't the final version. Those arms look exactly like the art to me, just encased in ice and at a slightly different angle. The "thumb" is in the front, the "fingers" are behind it, you can see them. You can even see his "thumbnail", just like in the art. The icecicles bulk the arm up and add pointy parts, while obscuring others.

Unless they ditch or alter that Megs prop, I call final - on his arm at least. I can't find the whole pic, but I'd bet the legs are the same too.

18. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A few things may change, but basically, unless they deliberately leaked incorrect pictures, that IS how Megatron is going to look.

Right now, I think Cruise is planning a cruise.