SPOILER from the Junior Novelization..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cth, May 11, 2011.

1. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I remember hearing a long time back that they were filming a race in dc, what is that all about, is it explained in the novel?

2. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide, Bumblebee, Mirage and Sideswipe fighting the Dreads to protect Sentinel Prime.

3. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing!! If that brung him bck to life in ROTF then that can bring back all the dead autobots that died before, but I guess they are not gonna do that cuz maybe they will be a little to much autobots back so we won't pay much attenicon to those and more in the main ones, and they can get killed without us noticing.

4. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    More than likely the Matrix is only able to repower a Prime.

It brought Optimus back and brings Sentinel back. No one else is brought back from the Matrix.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I saw this at a Fred Meyers today. I didn't buy it (too close to my birthday for me to buy anything for myself without my wife giving me shit) but I did flip through it and note a few things:

-The trailer is referred to as a "battle platform" and seems to be a swiss army knife. If he needs a shield, it becomes a shield, a jet pack...you get the idea. He sends orders via wifi (essentially).
    -Starscream talks total shit to Megatron. "Oh yes, look at us hiding, isn't this such a great plan. I mean, it's not like we're cowards or anything."
    -They never call it the Datson, but when Sam goes to NEST, he teases Bee for leaving him with the beat up car.
    -Sentinel Prime reveals his true colors pretty quick
    -Sentinel uses the five retrieved pillars to summon down the Cons on the moon. It doesn't go into detail, but it seems that they just recently went there and have been hiding so humans don't see. Once the bridge is opened, they grab the rest of the pillars and book it to Earth.
    -Sentinel and Optimus have a lot of dialogue together.
    -The Wreckers are pretty cool. They are fascinated by racing. Epps says "It's like Catnip to them"
    -Right after the ship with the Autobots leaves, Sam tells Dylan that there is no plan. Dylan reveals that they just wanted to be sure of it. Then Starscream shows up and BLOWS THE SHIP OUT OF THE SKY!
    -The Autobots comes back flying one of the Decepticon ships. OP had figured out that Sam was in trouble. One of the boosters that came off after lift off was actually the escape pod.
    -OP fights and kills the Driller with the "flight harness". Shockwave isn't mad because he has no emotional connection to the creature, but because of all the work and effort that went into training it.
    -The fights don't go into much detail but it's a kids book. Pretty much, Bee fights Soundwave, then they don't mention him anymore. Same with Op and Shockwave. I missed the part where Sam kills Starscream.
    -Megatron is pissed that Sentinel is taking over. I guess Megatron fancied that he'd still be the leader. So he allies with Prime.
    -After killed SP, Cybertron goes away and Megatron panics. He asks OP if they can join together and have peace. Prime says "There cannot be peace through Tyranny" but agrees only if the Cons agree to leave Earth and allow peace for the humans. Megatron agrees, but I personally hope he can stick around. :p 

That's about everything I can remember. I suppose I can try to answer questions, but remember this is the junior novel.

6. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

thanks rog. i get the feeling shockwave's roll in the film is quite small really.

7. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice some new info there. I especially love the banter between Megatron and Starscream.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The sense I'm getting is he's less a mastermind and more...like the killer in No Country for Old Man. Cold, efficient, brutal. I get the sense he'll be in it a lot but as a POWERFUL enforcer.

9. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Finally someone reveals what that trailer was for. I was beginning to worry it would just be something he hauled around in vehicle mode and transforms only too throw it at some random con (though that would be pretty cool).

10. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Picked up a copy finally, and here's some a lot of additions:

- Shockwave travels inside of Driller in a cockpit area.
    - Drillers are used for mining and are usually small 12-15 feet
    - The Dreads sneak back to Earth on board Prime's shuttle
    - Wang (Ken Jeong) is the conspiracy nut guy that works at Sam's office who approaches him with documents to prove aliens exist. Sam follows him back only to see him arguing with thin air. In fact, if he stayed around, he'd have seen Wang was talking to Laserbeak who is masquerading as Wang's computer. Laserbeak talks and says they have no need for him anymore.
    - When Optimus wakes Sentinel up, he leaps up, pins Optimus to the ground, and has a blade pointed at Optimus' Spark.
    - Sam turns to Simmons when NEST/Mearing kicks him out
    - Russia's photographed strange rocks on the dark side of the moon during their trip. Hundreds of them. They're pillars for the space bridge.
    - Dreads attack Sam and Bumblebee. Mirage and Sideswipe dodge missiles but BB can't with Sam inside.. so he transforms and tosses Sam in the air, dodges, and grabs Sam and re-transforms.
    - Sentinel tears off the doors to the vault and takes back the pillars from NEST before he speeds off from NEST
    - Gen. Morshower is debriefed: 200 Decepticons made it through the DC spacebridge along with attack vehicles that are hidden
    - Roadbuster doesn't speak with a British accent like the comic. "Gonna be ten thousand pounds of torque on that itsy bitsy bolt, so it better get twenty and a quarter rotations! Not ninteeen! Yer gonna risk the lives of all my friends over one and a quarter screw rotations? Thought we were working with professionals. Oh, what now, ya gonna start crying?" "Tough! It's a cold, cruel galaxy! Either the job gets done or it don't" "Now yer just standing there. Check 'em again! Every weld on those liquid hydrogen lines. Sealed up tight!" Epps defuses the situation by putting on a car race on the big screen tv which mesmerizes them. "It's like catnip to them!"
    - Bumblebee speaks to Sam before leaving, in broken speech. "I..will..never..forget you..Sam." "I will always..be..here. Fight them.. forever."
    - Dylan calls to gloat/taunt Sam. Mocks BB and Optimus.
    - Starscream attacks the ship, blowing it up
    - Sam confesses to everything. Simmons gets to work with Dutch to trace the call from Dylan.
    - Traces the call to the tall building in Chicago (presumably the Ghostbuster one?)
    - Epps wants in on the action - Autobots were his friends too. Simmons also demands to get in on things, since he knows the most out of them.
    - Carly hears Dylan describing the plan, sees Sentinel and Megatron arguing with Sentinel pining Megatron to the wall humiliating him in front of the other Decepticons.
    - Her impression is that Sentinel wants to be the only one in charge
    - Autobots approach Sam. Reveal that the Wreckers designed the ship that way, booster rocket was really an escape pod. They knew something was up. They had to fake their death so the humans would leave them alone
    - "Thing was a bucket of bolts anyways, never would have made it outta the atmosphere"
    - Wreckers retool a downed Decepticon vehicle to sneak in
    - They sneak in, Sam goes to save Carly, but doesn't see Laserbeak masquerading as a boombox.
    - They escape in the retooled Decepticon ship, Bumblebee blasts Laserbeak with the ship
    - Dylan is angry, he lost his prisoner. He goes to warn that the Autobots are alive and in Chicago.
    - Sentinel to Megatron (icily) "Remind me again, what exactly is your army good for?"
    - Final fight, Dylan activates the final pylon as Cybertron starts to fade into view
    - Carly finds Megatron in an alley observing, thinking. She goads him into taking action
    - Megatron sweeps Sentinel's legs from under him. Optimus takes Sentinel's Rust Cannon and blasts a hole in his chest
    - Final pillar disappears, and Megatron realizes he's lost.
    - Megatron : "Please, a truce is all I want. Remember, brother, we once held the same values, the same dreams. Freedom for all Transformers, life for our home world, for Cybertron. Our means may have diverged but our ends were never so far apart. All I ask for is peace, a chance to rebuild our planet, a chance to return home."
    - Optimus : "There is no peace through tyranny, Megatron, I wonder if you will ever learn that. You will have your truce, but be gone from this place. Leave this planet so that its people, at least, may have peace."

11. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    AWESOME stuff! Thanks! I do have a few questions though...

- Is the bank truck in the movie?
    - How does
    Starscream die
    ?
    - Which of the Dreads are in the movie? My theory was it was only Crankcase a.k.a. the Chevy Suburban SUV's, but it would be nice to have that cleared up.
    - How much battling do the Wreckers do in Chicago? For that matter, how much do Mirage and Wheeljack do as well?
    - What's the deal with Optimus Prime's trailer? Where did it come from?

I think those are all the questions I have right now.

12. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot damn! That sounds awesome!

13. nametaken

bank truck no one knows anything yet.
    starscream from sam planting explosives in his eye.
    dreads no one is sure about. currently there is doubt they will be named at all in the movie.
    no idea.
    trailer can apparently form different things, shields, wings according to the comic. comes from wherever anything comes from.

14. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

trailer could be made by wheeljack or wreckers

15. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Nope, there's a lot of stuff not in the junior novel.

- Starscream is there to mock Megatron, but he disappears after shooting down the shuttle
    - All 3 Dreads are in the junior novel (Crankcase, Hatchet, Crowbar)
    - Wreckers are only engineers in the junior novel
    - Wheeljack isn't in the junior novel from what I remember
    - Mirage is only mentioned on the Dread attack
    - Nothing about the trailer's origins, etc.

Again, the junior novel is very streamlined, mainly for kids, lots of stuff missing.. nothing about the building being attacked, but we know it's there. So I wouldn't take any absences as signs of anything.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Are they hinting at a redemption for Megatron?

17. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Probably unnerved at the sight of Optimus with half his face off, mirroring his own situation -- and knowing Prime's penchant for taking faces.

18. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I saw this "half-face" Optimus comic slide on amazon before they got wind. Absolute crap. His head is just turned to the side because (I'm surprised no ones mentioned THIS before)
    he's just been in a fight with Sentinel Prime who put him on the ground because (at least it seemed this way) Optimus didn't fight back and as the others shoot Sentinel away, he looks to the right at him
    . He does not lose half his face, it's just the comic shadowing failing quite hard. Whoever saw that slide and thought "ZOMG where's heez faaace :eek: ???" needs the their eyes examined.

19. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Thanks for the additional info Cth!

20. nametaken

ah thanks, i always thought that seemed weird.