Spoiler free reviews?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Neuco, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

I know this is a long shot, but thought I would ask anyway. I plan on seeing this movie tomorrow (Thursday 06/25/09) as of this post. I was wondering if, for anyone that already saw it (especially the IMAX version) could possibly provide a spoiler free review of the movie? To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the first one, and I'm hoping this one is better, and I want to get an idea of what I should be expecting going into the the theater.

Remember, SPOILER FREE please. I am avoiding other threads for this reason, hence creating this one.

FYI, I live in Philadelphia, and I'm going to go see it at the IMAX at the Neshaminy Mall in Bensalem, PA, 7:45 PM showing.

Moderators, if this is out of line, please feel free to lock/delete, and my apologies in advance. Thank you.

2. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Wow, bumped back to page 2 in less then an hour. 0_0;

*bump*

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    It was freaking awesome!

Sorry, it wasn't Spoiler free!

4. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Spoiler Free:

If you liked the 2007 "Transformers" movie, chances are you'll like the 2009 sequel, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." The new film is, if anything, more Michael Bay-y, with everything that implies. More of what the masses want: explosions, boobs and fart jokes. There are also more robots (but not characters for said robots), racial stereotypes/caricatures, questionable depictions of women and lame sex jokes. I didn't find the human characters quite as charming this go round, and the massive robots were a letdown when they had to do anything beyond change form. Also, the action actually hurt the pace of the movie. I found myself most engaged when a character was standing around spouting exposition and most bored while robots endlessly smashed one another. As in the previous installment, plot lines and characters were abandoned when they proved inconvenient or no longer interesting.

That all sounds bad, but the movie isn't (quite) terrible. I'd say it's on par with the last flick. It's overlong (147 minutes!), poorly paced and the story seems like an excuse rather than a reason, but things do explode (in slow motion) and the transformation concept is still cool 25 years later. If you're into giant robot warfare and slapstick, this movie is for you.

5. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

*underwhelming sigh* :( 

Wow. That's what I thought. I'm still going to see it anyway just so I can say that I saw it for myself. Thanks wannabeGeorge.

6. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Yeah ... even if it's not what everyone (me) wants, it's understandable that Bay and co. set out to produce a suped-up version of the first movie. The first movie was a big financial success for everyone involved. Just plug into your inner 8 year old and have a good time with the explosions.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I've got a post on my personal blog with a review/digestion of my thoughts from the midnight show.

I kept it fairly spoiler free, with very little information that you would have had if you'd watched the trailers :D 

Some stuff about Revenge and The Fallen…

8. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It was an ok action movie altho it wasted too much time focusing on the bouncing fat of Mikaela.

9. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Wait.....WHAT?????

10. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Thanks Ethereal, your review actual wasn't bad. It gives me just a tad more hope now that I might enjoy this movie a little more then the original. :)