(SPOILER) Do you want Transformers to end?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    (SPOILER IMAGE)

I have to say, with looking at this jpeg image I attached, i will be a bit dissapointed that Bay (despite his humor) will end TF next year.

There is so much potential with these neat designs that I would wait for two more, while others might like it's end is near.

I would love Bay to continue the franchise but who knows what will happen after next year with Hasbro or Paramount. Besides, 3 films is a lot of work, let alone one.

Well, your thoughts?:bay  (I'm sorry, but Nascar+Decepticon=BadA$$)

Attached Files:

2. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I'll reserve judgement until after TF3, but I don't see the series ending when he leaves it. He isn't a James Cameron or a Christopher Nolan. I can think of a ton of other directors who could easily adapt to Bay's visual style in a TF4. Honestly Bay's involvement has been beneficial for only three reasons: 1. He's a car guy, and has a lot of contacts with car manufacturers, and can get a lot of concept stuff for next to nothing. 2. He has a lot of pull with the military and can get aircraft carriers and tanks for next to nothing. 3. He can direct action.

But, IMHO, the guy is just immature. Megan Fox wasn't lying when she said "Bay is a dictator." He runs through a set screaming through a megaphone when things don't go his way. He fires crew members if they screw up once, and fired Megan Fox because she called him out on his temper. Plus he has the storytelling and humor of an 8 year old boy. Remember the 2008 writer's strike? Remember how Orci and Kurtzman were not allowed to write during that time? Do you know WHO wrote the script in their absence? Bay. And as a result we got pot brownies, John Turturro's ass, and a plot that didn't make sense.

So yeah, Bay definitely has his plusses, but they by no means make him the only guy who can direct a Transformers movie.

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^^ Yeah but James Cameron has been said to be an even bigger egotist and dictator than Bay, so I wish people would lay off him about that. At least he can take criticism and jokes. Cameron thinks every effin movie he's ever made is Shakespearean classic. Not to mention Megan Fox is not a reliable source for a critique of Bay, she is known to be a crybaby, diva, and unprofessional... She got fired because of all these things AND bitching publicly about her boss. Not to mention her vapid lackluster performance in ROTF. Everyone else TRIED to bring it... and she just failed to do so.

At any rate, I keep looking at other directors movies, and I really think out of the established directors, I'd only want Robert Zemeckis, Jon Favreau, The Wachowskis, and MAYBE give Tom Hanks a shot (since he has proven he can do epic and IS a huge TF fan).

James Cameron would suck the fun out of TFs... True Lies was his one movie that attempted humor and that took itself too seriously. Honestly, he's not much better than Bay, he just films movies in a more serious tone, and he edits his films so much better than Bay, I wonder if Bay ever attempted to learn the craft of film editing. A Chris Nolan TF movie would SUCK ASS. He cannot do lite and fun. He takes his movies way too seriously to ever pull of TF. He'd make Bumblebee a ninja assassin, Prime a brooding samurai, the Decepticons would be a gang, and the films visual style would be drab. If he can't figure out a way to incorporate Robin into the Batman universe, that tells me he's not the guy for Transformers. Ever.

The plot of ROTF makes perfect sense. It's just that the films editing leaves lots to be desired. A more sensical edit of the film would give the plot more weight. The middle of the film just drags it along. I mean I don't think you understand how directors work... by nature they cannot be easy going nice people all the time. The have schedules, budgets and shoots to get done. So running through, yelling, is by nature what they do on big budget movies. I don't get why a few scat jokes are out of place in Transformers (based on a cartoon) but people love the hell out of Ren and Stimpy, Animaniacs, and other cartoons that featured those same themes heavily. Although I think he added too much of it in, I thought some of it fine... Devastators balls were particularly funny, but he ruined it by having Turturro call it a scrotum... Just a confused look, akward silence, and a comment like, "that's just disturbing' would have made it even better.

That said, I don't think there are a lot of directors who can do big dumb and loud like Bay, and that's what TF should be. I want more! I really wish Spielberg would step in and direct the next trilogy, and that Bay's production firm would get the series. Bay's strength is his visual sense and WILLINGNESS to do big and dumb... Do you know how long and how many other directors passed on TF before he took it and made it happen? If he was hal as good at film editing as he was at explosions, he'd be the best action director ever, hands down.

Someone will do it better eventually, but right now, if TF turns out as good as it's looking so far I wouldn't mind one more Bay movie. TF should be like the ATeam movie was this year, light on story, heavy on action and moderately faithful to the source. When they find someone who has credentials enough to be handed a 150 to 250 million dollar budget, and still make a lite, fun, action filled movie, then it's time to pass the torch.

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If TF3 turns out good.... Keep it going....!

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Bay has an ending he wants to tell before he leaves, let him. When he's done, TF will continue on. Too much $$$ is there to be made. Plus a reboot may make the property more appealing to a new director in that he'd get to tell the story he wants without having to be forced to follow Bay. Also reboot = new designs which = new toys. Everybody wins.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have zero problems with Bay or the movies but I wouldn't mind seeing someone elses take on them after Bay has had his three.

If the third one does as well money-wise as the first two I would imagine we'll get a reboot/reimagining somewhere down the line.

I will miss the designs though. I've always thought they were fantastic for the most part.

Err to answer the topic question, uhhh no but let somebody else take the reigns.

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Yes

I love the Transformers movie franchise (it's what got me interested in the first place), but it has to end at some point. Best to finish it off with a trilogy. I don't want to see the franchise become over-used, and made purely for the sake of making money, rather than them having a good story to continue on.
    The actors and production crew are done after TF3, I feel. Shia won't want to come back, Megan didn't come back, and Bay wanted to take a break between ROTF and TF3, but was denied. I think they're all going to want to move onto other projects.
    It will be sad to not see any more cool movie designs, but it's something I can live with.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Yes. The sooner the movie trilogy is over, the better, IMO.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I really enjoyed Michael Bay's live-action treatment of Transformers, and wish that he could do more movies, but... it does not hurt to give another director a shot at the franchise.

I will be sad when it ends, but I will be looking forward to a reboot.

10. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Really depends on how TF 3 plays out.
    If Transformers 3 is an epic finale, I would love to see Transformers continue.

12. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    It depends on how Transformers 3 ends. If they leave it open to where another movie can be made, I'm all for it. I've enjoyed the movies and they introduced me to Transformers, so I'll be sad to see them end.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'll be glad to see them end.

As a Decepticon fan I've felt like my favorite robots have been little more than cannon fodder. Instead of showing up to be characters and to have a shot at giving the Autobots a close fight they just seem to show up to get killed. I'm sure not going to miss an end to the human military kicking the Decepticons butts left and right.

As a toy collector I just don't like the movie toys so with the film ending I'll have to worry less about what toy line will get axed so it can be all about the movie figures.

Really doesn't seem like there is much in the way of story or characters to the films so I'll be glad to see a cartoon take over as the main focus again so that maybe there will be some worth while fiction again.

I'm sure at some point there will be a reboot since that is the big thing in Hollywood. That could be a good thing though. A reboot doesn't mean that the detailing of the robots has to fly out the window because you know either ILM or Weta will do the effects work. But with a reboot we might get characters who look more iconic like movie Prime. I mean I sure would not mind a Starscream that could smirk. Plus with a reboot bad ideas like the Decepticons being so weak against the human military could be dropped or more focus could be put on the robots with shorter films.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Simmons ass scene was actually John turturro idea,

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I say after ROTF there is very little room left in a fans heart to create the denial for one of the worse directors for our franchise. He is good to a point but for a franchise with such a great story rich characters and huge multiverse of mythos this is all to much for Bay to handle and he over simplifies and doesnt understand the legacy.

Transforming robots are cool but what keeps you entertained is the characters and story otherwise we would all be into Gobots.

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

is there a link to that because I thought i remembered him saying that scene was uncomfortable.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    word

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    no link, Because this was confirmade on rotf dvd commentary!

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Anyone who thinks that Hasbro is letting go the live action movies after the 3rd one is simply living in dreamland. Do you honestly think they will let go a cashcow like these movies are?

At max we will get a reboot or a new director.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I liked what Orci and Kurtzman came up with for the films. And I love the designs that the artsits like Ben Procter, Paul Ozzimo and Josh Nizzi have done. But I'll agree, Bay's biggest problem is he puts action before story. Transformers is and always has been an action based series, but even an action movie needs a cohesively edited plot to hold it together.

I believe Bay has said this is the last TF film for him. This is the end of his series. Anything that'd come after TF3 would be a reboot. Which I'm fine with. I don't hate Bay like most people do. But I think given that fact,(That so many people do hate him.) it's probably better for the franchise if it movies on to another director.

The funny thing is though, even if the next TF film gets a new director, I think most fans that hate these movies will always have a problem with live action TF films.
    Unless we end up getting some crazy director like Joel Schumacher who'll camp it up and try and do a completely Geewun movie.
    Course then again...If it's Schumacher, we'll probably end up with hubcap nipples on Optimus Prime.