Spoiler crackdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by perceptor_mc, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perceptor_mc

perceptor_mc Well-Known Member

This is getting ridiculous

Insection swarm AND breakdown memorial hours after ep has been shown. IN THE TITLE.

Please can someone tone this down. I am thankful for already seeing this weeks episode before coming here but what if i happen to click and i havent seen next weeks?

There is a reason we have spoilers and it seems to work in all other forums AND this one! why the prime section don't seem to care i don't know.

People don't to be spoiled! Not on the title!

Please think people before you post

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

Hmmm. Its almost as if we have a thread in the stickies saying the exact thing.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Crackdown sounds like Breakdown. You seem to have inadvertently spoiled even more people with a thread title like that.

4. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I came in here thinking there was a report of a new Con named Crackdown... :p 

5. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Well, you might want to see this episode for the first time in the 2020th year. Shall we have been hiding all spoilers till that?

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Sorry, but once an episode is avaliable online, I don't think spoiler tags are that needed :/

The episode is available to everyone right now on Youtube, and if you're worried about being spoiled, why not go and watch the episode now instead of commenting about not wanting to be spoiled?

Sorry if this offends but it's my view on things.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    When I was little, I had a character named Crackdown who was hella cool, and I actually reused the name for several fictions. I came in here expecting royalties, but now I just want the last 30 seconds of my life back.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, you're wrong.

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Okay, the new episode is available online, right now.

If you haven't watched it, and you're on the computer, why not watch it first, and then go to the boards?

I would understand if this was like the last part of season 1 where we were getting episodes weeks in advance, and you wanted to stick to the releases on the Hub, but this episode just aired and is easily available online.

I just don't see why people are getting so upset over spoilers when they could just watch it online and then not have to worry about spoilers :/

10. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I get it. Spoilers piss people off. But it's not the responsibility to the rest of the members to really care if you have seen it or not. Stuff happens and people want to discuss it right then.

I get where you are coming from but what I really don't get is how people can get pissed at it when they came to the forum about the show and thought thy really were not going to get spoiled.

Because really, in the age we live in where you can DVR the episodes, they're on youtube and Itunes and blah blah blah... really, just don't come to the forum till after you have watched. Spend your time in another section. Look at some customs or something.

Personal responsibility.

It's not my job to make sure you don't get spoiled. It's your job. It's kinda dumb to ask people to have some forethought when you should have some too. We all know it's going to happen so just be a little proactive.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps I was logging into the boards to GET the episode, and was treated with a spoiler right in the subject title sitting there as the "most recent post" on the main page. Perhaps I only have five or ten minutes to spare right now and have to save the episode for later. Perhaps I'm waiting for a better-quality version to come along. Perhaps I simply didn't KNOW a new episode was out. Not everyone hangs on the schedules to keep up on that information. There are any NUMBER of reasons someone might not have had the time to see it yet. Now, *I* personally was NOT spoiled, but it's just *common courtesy*, especially LESS THAN A DAY after the episode came out.

12. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Isn't it supposed to be your own problem, why you have delayed this activity? You delay your own viewing.
    Or should there be a sticky thread, named "I do not allow you to discuss TF Prime in TF Prime's section"?

"Transformers News and Rumors" doesn't fit, and if they start a thread "Poins of the last episode", it will be too messy.

13. DepthWave

News Credits:
    It would be the same, if you wanted a bus deliver you to your home at night, after this bus had been at the station for three hours.
    It would be the same, if you wanted a shop, which sloses at six p.m., to work till eight p.m., just because it would be fine for you.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm going to adopt the TFWiki stance here on spoilers - no unmarked spoilers for the first seven days after airing, and never in titles.

It takes nothing to be considerate of fellow members and take that tiny bit of time to mark your spoilers - and you'll be better thought of than being the jerk who ruined it for everyone.

Expecting someone to have seen the episode just because it is available online is quite frankly a selfish attitude and I'd urge everyone to be more considerate of their fellow board members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.