Splitscreen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kaymac, May 10, 2010.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I just have a quick question about the nature of WFC's multiplayer. You see, not everyone has access to online multiplayer for their console. Some of us have lousy internet connections, or can't afford the service, some simply don't think it's worth the money to pay for it. So my question is, is splitscreen available? If this hasn't been addressed yet, please discuss your thoughts on splitscreen in this game. Personally, nothing's better than kicking back with a few buddies and gaming it on the couch in the den. This is impossible without local multiplayer.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, it hasn't really be confirmed or denied. However, since there is online play, I don't really see why there wouldn't be split-screen.

3. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

I hope there is. I like being with my friends and playing, not having to call them up. I especially want to be able to do co op with my friends split screen.

4. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    most games online dont do splitscreen anymore i cant remember one that ive played that has had it most do a lan type connection.

coop is the only thing that i know which is split screen but im not even sure if its offically split screen.

its a good question to ask cant wait to find out.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from online play, this is a one player game, so there is no need for split screens; you see the game from your point of view.

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    most games don't have it anymore, which is really disappointing, I would personally much rather play a game with a bunch of friends in the same room than with people online.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have a splitscreen multiplayer/co-op option (I'll still most likely buy it, but still). I've never been a fan of online multiplayer, and honestly never will. It's much more fun, to me, to play a game with other people in the same room.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The stores that have it for pre-order already tell you the game is a one player game with online co-op. That's it. That's how non-sports and fighting games are done these days. No more split screens. The size of your HDTV screen doesn't matter. Video game developers want gamers to enjoy the entire screen to him/herself in their very large arena. The larger the arena, the harder it is for split screens to work.

I think sports and fighting games still have splits screens because the field/court/arena/whatever isn't all that big at all. And they aren’t as 3D as a lot of other games with buildings obstructing the players view.

Co-op is here to stay.

9. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    What games honestly have split screen ??? none.... i used to love split screen and split screen online gaming but almost no game company uses this anymore thanks to ONLINE GAMING!!

so dont be dissapointed its the way it is and has been for quite sometime!

10. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

Modern Warfare 2 had a tone of split screen.

11. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we really should start voicing our opinion about this....i mean there is no reason for not having the splitscreen option there too....

12. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    MW2 is about the game out there does this well id say the CoD franchise but its not online thats the thing.

you cant go and play a two player split screen online match.
    for whatever reaason game companies dont want this...
    even co-op is differnt its usually one screen where each person can do what they want on there own screen.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I loved about Halo and GOW. Split screen for on the couch coop.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

And that's the exact reason why I started this topic. There IS no reason why a splitscreen option shouldn't be there. I'm getting tired of so many games pulling the same crap where they have an online option and no splitscreen. Just a one player campaign is fine, not everything needs multiplayer, but please, if a game is going to utilize multiplayer some way, it should be both ways (splitscreen and online) or none. And don't even get me started on system link. That is a massive kick to the balls when you need two consoles and two tv's linked together to actually play a game with a friend who is physically there.

15. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    guess they don't relies some of us are backwards, no high def tv, no internet, and too pore to buy a $60 game :p 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, that sucks. Personally the size of the screen doesn't really matter. Though that's probably because I'm so used to split-screen games (Halo, for example, isn't tough at all once you get used to having 1/4th of the screen to yourself). I'd rather compromise screen space and be able to play with someone in the same room, than have to pay extra to play online with else. In a perfect world modern games would have both online and in-person co-op. It's kinda sad that it's going the way of the do-do.

I think the Lego games have the idea down right. I'm not sure if they have online co-op, but they do have in-person drop-in/drop-out co-op, where the person doping in takes over for what would have been a drone following you around. Works pretty good, and only goes split-screen when the two or more people playing get too far away from each other. It's one reason I'm looking forward to the Lego Harry Potter years 1-4 game coming out this year.

17. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

Split screen does not seem to be an option as far as I have seen. Shame really as I love playing gears of war with friends in this mode.

18. JazzMeister19

JazzMeister19 Well-Known Member

I agree that no splitscreen co-op is retarded. I've seen my friends play Halo with three person split while playing online, I've played GOW split screen with my older brother, and I've played RE5 split screen with my brother. There should be an option to play the campaign and Escalation mode with people in a room physically with you. This is the only thing keeping War For Cybertron from being a purchase with me. Online is cool and all, but it shouldn't come at the price of playing games with friends and family physically sitting with you.

I know everyone isn't like this, but I hate having to play games with people who aren't seriously playing a game (goofing around) when I'm trying to play. I hate playing with people who think they can say whatever obscenity they can cause we cannot see them in person, I hate people who intentionally mess you, and I hate not being able to play with my actual friends. I don't like that online gaming seems to encourage people to forget that there are people in your nearby area who like to play games.

19. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I wonder if the Wii has splitscreen. I mean it is multiplayer.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does suck that we can no longer play friends with only one system, game and TV. Now, not only do we need two controllers to play our friends, but two of everything else too :( 

This is the feature of games like this. Consumers didn't complain when the feature was dropped, and the new one introduced, so it doesn't surprise me that High Moon Studios has dropped it all together--everyone else is doing.

I think those who'd like the feature to be in the game or its sequel should make a lot of fuss, and just maybe the feature will be added in the game's sequel.