Splinter of Reality

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Grimlock_13, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Thanks Laser_Optimus, I appreciate the feedback!

In answer to your questions about the Decepticons, you're right, they are the RiD guys...and although I've never seen BWII/ Neo (I forget which one is which) with Starscream and BB, I liked BB's profile of being a big dumb brute, so when I jet the Dreadwind/ Smokejumper RiD toys I automatically thought of him in that way:) 

The Decepticons will be involved a lot more in the next chapters, as well as who the leader is:) 

2. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Soooo I lost my disk...the work is on another computer so it's not lost but I won't be able to post the next chapter. somehow life continues :tongue: 

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter Four
    Of Little Threat​

Blaze transformed and caught Moonrock as he fell to the planet. Luckily Moonrock had managed to activate his landing flaps and created enough drag to slow his descent, or he would have torn Blaze apart upon impact. Blaze dragged his small teammate and joined Off-Road behind Unicron’s foot.

“Are the Decepticons actually winning for once?” he yelled above the sound of Apollo laying heavy fire down on Scourge and BB.

“Seems that way…” Off-Road grunted as he held his shoulder wound. “We’re going to need some help, we’re pinned down—“

Blaze pointed past their ironic shelter in surprise. “How did they get here?!”

Notch, Incinerator, Brawn and Windcharger cleared the hillside and roared towards the firefight. Utilizing the temporary distraction, Sunspot used his roof-mounted rifle to scorch BB, and prepared to run down Scourge. Unfortunately for him, Scourge saw the tactic a mile away and braced himself for Sunspot’s impact. At the last possible second Scourge lashed out and kicked Sunspot’s front bumper with all of his might, tearing the rubber off the metal rims successfully making Sunspot’s quick vehicle mode useless. Only with Apollo’s cover was Sunspot able to transform and limp away from being scrapped. Brawn and Windcharger transformed as Smokejumper sent heavy fire in their direction.

“Brawn, how can we hope to be of any use! Even with low energon reserves, these Decepticons are far more powerful then those in the old days!” Windcharger shouted.

“We’ll just have to make do with what we ‘got!” Brown shouted back as he hefted a large chunk of craggy material from the ground. As Smokejumper came in for another attack, the small Autobot heaved the chunk to the sky, catching the Decepticon offguard. As he veered off to avoid the projectile, Smokejumper was forced the transform and ground himself.

“I’d call that useful, wouldn’t you?” Brawn laughed heartily

“I’d consider you more useful collecting dust in a scrap yard!” Smokejumper screamed as he ran down the Autobots on foot, though another blast from the sky thanks to Apollo stopped him in his tracks, sending him running for cover.

The Autobot’s second in command transformed and slammed into the ground a few feet from Brawn. “I don’t know how you managed to escape,” he said in his best imposing tone, “But right now there are more important matters to take care of.” As he turned around to chase after Smokejumper he shouted a last message over his shoulder; “It was your decision to join this fight, don’t expect me to watch your back again.”

Brawn grunted in disgust. “I guess courtesy is frowned upon by these so-called ‘Autobots’.”

“Let it go.” Windcharger warned. “In their defense, they know us as well as we know them.”

“Watch out!” Notch yelled behind them.

BB had transformed and had the two Minibots in his sights from the air. Reacting with staggering speed, Notch and Inicnerator transformed. One that was completed, Incinerator attached himself to his partner causing visible added power to course over Notch’s body. His wheels folded in, and both sides of his back end pivoted down forming wings. He took off into the air and toward BB. Twin rifles mounted on his wings shot powerful beams at BB, causing him to barrel roll away to avoid damage.

“Well, the other Autobots aren’t watching our backs, but I sure am glad were friends with that guy…” Brawn said as they watched the amazing display with wide optics. Windcharger slowly nodded, his mouth gaping open.

Under the imposing shadow of Unicron, the Autobots gradually gained the upper hand and forced the Decepticons to take cover. Blaze, Sunspot and Apollo pinned their enemies down behind one of Unicron’s feet with heavy fire as Strongarm did some quick repairs to Off-Road and Moonrock. Just as it seemed the battle had reached its climax, a powerful energy beam rained down from Unicron’s midsection forcing the Autobots into a defensive position. Brawn, Windcharger ran to the group. In no time Notch and Incinerator joined them as well. Apollo called for a cease-fire as two large Decepticons slowly floated down to the ground. The darkness cast by the massive shadow blanketed them in darkness, but red optics could be seen dimly glowing. Without warning another burst of energy came from one of the set of optics, and leveled the entire group of Autobots.

“Is everyone functional?” Blaze asked weakly.

“Seems that way…” Moonrock winced.

“Go back to Iacon, fools.” The raspy voice of the Decepticon commander called out from the shadows. “My fire blasts may not be powerful enough to destroy you, but I can still rip you apart with my bare hands!”

Brawn slowly looked to Windcharger. That voice was too familiar… Brawn jumped to his feet and ran to the front of the group. “Show yourself!” he challenged.

The red optics looked down and widened in surprise. As the two Decepticons walked from the shadows, Notch and Windcharger recoiled in awe.

“Megatron!”

Megatron indeed stood before them, though his usually lustrous armor was tarnished and open wounds covered his body taking away from the glory the once powerful warlord personified. His ever-present subordinate Soundwave stood behind him equally, if not more, damaged.

Not wasting any time, Brawn ran toward the Decepticons blindly. Megatron easily kicked the Autobot away and pointed his fusion cannon at his head. “You have no idea how much I’ll relish this…”

Rumbling in the distance stopped the exchange as Megatron backed up a few steps. “Decepticons, retreat! We don’t have the means to fight Morpheous! Quickly, to the air!”

The five Decepticons took to the air at their leader behest. Brawn picked himself up and turned to see The transport trailer coming over the hill towards them.

“Even in vehicle mode he looks like Optimus…” he said in disgust.

Morpheous Prime transformed and stormed to the group of Autobots. “Who allowed these intruders to escape?!” he bellowed, not caring in the least the Decepticons were retreating.

Off-Road hung his head. “It was an accident.”

“Then you can join them in prison when we return to Iacon.” Morpheous fumed.

“Morpheous please...” Blaze begged, “They helped us against the Decepticons! What other proof do you need?”

Morpheous glared at Blaze. “Does anyone else agree with his treasonous statement?”

“I saw them as well.” Strongarm answered as Moonrock nodded in agreement.

“It’s true.” Apollo said, looking to the ground.

Morpheous shook his head. “Fine…they won’t be confined to the prison. But they are not allowed outside of Iacon’s walls.” He turned to his four former prisoners and pointed an accusing finger. “You are in a probationary state. If my instincts give me one bit of warning, you’re sent back to rot, am I understood?!”

Windcharger, Notch and Incinerator nodded, not wanting to compound the issue. Brawn glared at Morpheous and continued to do so as the huge Optimus look-alike turned and gave the order to transform and return to Iacon.

4. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Here's a short one but the plot definitely thickens :D 

Chapter 5
    Proposition

The Decepticons returned to their home base at Polyhex with anything but the highest of spirits. This was the closest they had ever gotten to victory over the Autobots in five hundred years, and to have that sweet taste held out to them, then snatched away before they could partake left bitterness and frustration in its wake. In a far worse mood then his subordinates, Megatron hit the ground from the air with such force his feet left two large dents in the metallic ground. Far from wearing his emotions on his sleeve, he shoved Smokejumper and Scourge out of his way as he headed straight for his chamber for some solitude. There had to be some weakness to that accursed Morpheous Prime…he could not be invincible. There must be some Achilles heel to discover and exploit… As he entered the chamber, his thought process stopped as he immediately got the feeling he wasn’t alone.

“Coward, show yourself!” he yelled into the darkness, feigning bravado.

A large form shifted in the now dilapidated throne originally belonging to Galvatron. “Hello Megatron.”

“Who are you…and by what means do you dare trespass upon my property?!”

“You claim this wreck as your property? You never were much of a comedian…”

“Insult me again and I will turn you to ash!”

The visitor laughed heartily, the echoes ringing around the large room around Megatron. He stood up and moved into the center of the room, and into some dim lighting. “In your current weakened state you couldn’t have even slagged that small Autobot you had at your mercy. In fact I daresay without a supply of energon soon you and your four followers will expire completely!”

“Gigatron!” Megaton cried out, shocked. “How…how could you possibly have survived?”

“I have my sources…” Gigatron slyly smiled. “Now…how would you like to overthrow those Autobots’ hold on this planet?”

“Don’t mock me Gigatron…” Megatron growled.

Gigatron laughed again. “Ha ha…I’ll assume that’s a ‘yes’. Now, what if I could grant you with the means of doing so?”

“I don’t see how you could possibly be of any use to us…unless you have an endless supply of energon and an army to march against them.”

Gigatron smiled again. “And if I did?”

It was Megatron’s turn to laugh. “If you hadn’t noticed, Gigatron, Cybertron has precious little energon reserves left, and it’s all under the control of the Autobots.”

Gigatron raised his hand and as if by magic the lights of the citadel brightened considerably. Megatron squinted through the harsh new lighting.

“How did you manage this?” he demanded.

“You never learn Megatron…” Gigatron somberly answered , stretching his large wings to their full length, “ I have my sources.”

“Very well, keep your secrets. Energon is one thing…but where’s this great army you alluded to?”

“Why, that’s up to you Megatron!” Gigatron jovially answered. “As long as you accept my terms…”

“And what, praytell, are these terms…”

“I assume command over your forces…but only in secret. You continue giving the orders, you get the glory…but you answer to me.”

Megatron paused for a moment and mulled it over. How dare Gigatron show himself after these hundreds of years without offering one ounce of aid to the suffering pathetic group of Decepticons and demand clemency and lordship over what was rightfully his; what he had conquered certain death and hell for? Gigatron was not one known for his virtue and decency…he could be lying completely, or at the very least feeding him half-truths in order to dethrone him. On the other hand, he was right about the energon resources of he and his four followers…if they didn’t find any soon, they would enter systems shutdown and become completely inert. There was no way around it…he had to succumb to Gigatron’s will and turn his command to him…there would always be another time for command to be returned to him, it’s rightful owner. It was also apparent Gigatron had no knowledge what exactly he had been toiling to search for at Unicron’s monument…

“Very well, Gigatron” he growled. “I accept your terms.”

“Somehow I knew you would…”

“Of course you did.” Megtron sneered as he folded his arms over his chest. “Now, about this army…”

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice chapters. Interesting to see Megs and Soundwave joining the crew. So, is Gigatron going to give Megatron a Terrorcon army? Can't wait to find out!

6. Mongoose Fire

Mongoose Fire Active Member

this just keeps getting better.....can't wait for more.....great story :D 

7. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! Hopefully I can keep your attention:) 

Chapter 6​

The Trap is Set​

In the Autobot base located at Iacon, Brawn, Windcharger, Notch and Incinerator made themselves as comfortable as they possibly could. The old decaying rooms in the underground bunkers were not the most welcoming habitats they could think of, but they made due with what they were given. Four days had passed since the run-in with the Decepticons, and the four newcomers to the team had gradually begun to be accepted by the others…save for Sunspot, who took every chance he got to verbally abuse them, and Morpheous Prime who they had seen all of two times over the past four days. Brawn and Windcharger took every second of their spare time they weren’t working in the pits salvaging energon to ask Notch questions of the past; Optimus Prime, Unicron, and all the other milestones they had missed while stranded on Earth and trying to find means of returning to Cybertron over thousands of years. Notch chose his words very carefully, never wanting to give the full story but enough to satiate the two Minibots’ ravenous hunger for information. Many key characters were talked about and dismissed, but Optimus Prime was always held in the highest regard. Brown and Windcharger’s sparks filled with pride when they were able to relate to Notch some of their own tales of being under direct command of the great leader on Earth. Questions were also asked to the Autobots who took them in, mainly Off-Road and Blaze who seemed to receive them wholeheartedly, about the current Autobot commander, though nothing was ever answered as if some dark secret was being withheld from becoming public knowledge. Of course it could have just been Off-Road and Blaze’s naiveté, but it frustrated them nonetheless. Many hours were spent in the repair bay with Off-Road, probing him for information. It seemed like the answers he offered were genuine but never gave them any insight to their situation.

As they worked in the energon mine with Moonrock and Blaze a piercing wail began to sound, offending their audio receptors. Blaze snapped into action.

“Already? You’d think they’d learn!” he yelled, shaking his head.

Windcharger out his hands against his head to deaden the shrill sound. “What is that alarm for?” he yelled to Moonrock.

“It’s the signal telling us the Decepticons have past the borders of Polyhex!” the small white Autobot jet answered, “Strongarm installed the sensors a long time ago…it’s the main reason we’ve been able to keep such a handle on them!”

The alarm stopped as quickly as it started, followed shortly by Blaze’s transmitter beeping. Morpheous Prime’s rough voice was heard through the tiny speaker.

“All Autobots prepare to engage the Decepticons immediately.”

Brawn and Windcharger followed their new teammates out of the mine and into the passageways leading to the entrance of Iacon. They met up with the main body of the Autobot group and waited a short time for Morpheous Prime to arrive. When the commander transformed from his car carrier mode, he scowled at Brawn and Windcharger.

“Where do you two think you’re going?”

“We want to help.” Brawn said stubbornly.

“That’s not going to happen. You’re to stay here at Iacon and continue the energon mining process.”

“But-!”

“Not another word about it!” Morpheous roared. “Your welcome is wearing thin…keep it up and you’ll be enjoying your solitude on level six!”

Brawn scowled but held back his responce. He watched as Morpheous rallied his team and gave the command to engage the Decepticons. As the team transformed and exited Iacon’s main gate, he felt his hatred for Morpheous grow. In defiance, he transformed and peeled out towards the exit.

“Brawn, wait!” Windcharger called after him, but received no answer.

Sighing, Windcharger transformed and followed his old friend out of Iacon on the trail of the team of Autobots head of them.

“There’s the Decepticons straight up ahead, nearing Unicron’s Monument. No sign of Megatron, but the other four are all present.” Apollo reported from the air. “They’re either stupid or braver then we thought.”

“My vote’s for stupid.” Sunspot scoffed.

“Enough.” Morpheous snapped. “Get in position team, we’re taking the Decepticons out once and for all.”

A fair distance behind the imposing figure of Unicron, Smokejumper, BB, Scourge and Soundwave stood in waiting for the Autobots to arrive.

“The Autobots will arrive in 83.6 astro seconds.” Soundwave announced in his distinctive monotone drone.

“Perfect.” Scourge said. “Then we can finally destroy them and take over the planet.”

Smokejumper’s patience wore thin as he hovered off the ground a few hundred feet to look beyond the hill on the other side of Unicron. “Here they come!” he shouted in glee.

“Remember…don’t waste any more energon then is necessary.” Scourge warned. “Now prepare to attack.”

Starscream floated down from unknown realms and took his usual place on Unicron’s shoulder, overlooking those below.

“Megatron must have some plan up his sleeve…” he thought to himself.

Usually the Decepticons were confined to licking their wounds for weeks after an encounter with the Autobots, and here they were only a few days later brazenly calling out their foes to battle. He watched with great interest as Scourge, Smokejumper and BB spread themselves out a fair distance from Soundwave who remained close to the spot they had been standing, as if guarding something…

“What are those idiots doing?” he whispered aloud.

“Keep on watching and see…”

The voice not only shook him from sheer surprise, but mutual communication was something he had gotten used to not being able to be a part of. He jumped off Unicron’s shoulder and floated in midair as he looked in the direction the voice came from. He did not have to wait long for his guest to talk to him again.

“Don’t think I can’t see you, Starscream.”

“Gigatron!?”

Indeed, Gigatron had perched himself on Unicron’s other shoulder, taking in the scene below in the manner the long dead air commander had become accustomed to doing.

“Nice view…good choice to oversee my battle…” he said nonchalantly, leaning against Unicron’s frozen head.

“H-how…by what means--?!”

“—Can I see you?” Gigatron laughed. “I’ve been watching you for the past five hundred years. Quite the gift you’ve got, having an immortal spark. I can see how that could be a major advantage…”

Starscream floated there, dumbfounded. He had walked amongst Megatron and the others, even the Autobots…none had even paid him any attention…how could Gigatron possibly have optics capable of seeing his spark spirit as if he were still made of worldly material?

“You have many questions to answer, Gigatron…”

“Seems to be the statement of the century.” Gigatron sighed. “Where’s the trust?”

“Perhaps the fact you nearly killed me thousands of years ago?!” Starscream sputtered, his anger rising. “Now answer me! How can you see me?!”

Gigatron laughed. “Just calm down Starscream…enjoy the show.”

Starscream looked down and saw the Autobots come over the top of the hill towards the waiting Decepticons. He cautiously floated back to his spot on Unicron’s shoulder. He had been a disembodied specter for five hundred years, there would be plenty more time to get answers out of Gigatron.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ahh... nice build up. Be interesting to see what Soundwave is gaurding or if he's guarding anything at all. Morpheus is really an ass-hate huh? And I can't wait to see what Brawn decides to do next. Can't wait for Screamer's semi-materialized body!

9. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter 7​

The Arena​

"Autobots, transform and destroy these Decepticons!” Morpheous Prime shouted as he transformed.

Sunspot quickly followed suit and caught up to his commander, the look of joy etched on his face as he brandished his weapon. Strongarm was not far behind followed by Blaze, and finally Off-Road. Apollo and Moonrock swooped down from above and joined their ground-based teammates.

Scourge stood stoically with his tattered blade at the ready, watching the rapidly approaching Autobots. At the last possible moment, he hefted his blade in the air as a signal.

“Now!” he bellowed.

Smokejumper and BB followed the black Prime into the air where they hovered out of reach, soon joined by Soundwave after he clicked a button on his wrist. As Morpheous Prime began to lift his rifle to shoot them down, a massive detonation from underground knocked them off balance. The ground cracked and gave way, sending the Autobots into a free fall for several moments until they heavily hit the next level of Cybertron.

“Damage report!” Morpheous barked as they shook their heads and regained their bearings.

“Looks like no one’s seriously injured.” Apollo reported back. “The distance was enough to just jar some of our basic systems…repairs are already well underway.”

The recovery time was cut short as Scourge, BB, Smokejumper and Soundwave soared down from the surface and landed a few hundred feet in front of them. The trap the Autobots walked straight into sent them into a vast system of underground caverns nearly impossible to navigate without special tracking equipment. Light trickling down from the hole above them provided just enough light to not be completely blind in the cavern, but there were still plenty of pitch-black areas on the fringe of the large region they found themselves in where the small corridors spread wide into an ancient gathering area of sorts.

“Welcome to the ‘arena’.” Scourge called out.

“Do you really think fighting underground will improve your odds of winning?” Morphous shot back.

“Not at all.” Megatron answered as he walked from the shadows. “My Decepticon recruits fit that bill nicely…”

“What new Decepticons?” Morpheous scoffed. “Your kind has been nearly extinct for five hundred years…I’ve searched this wreck of a planet high and low myself!”

“So right you are Morpheous…” Megatron sneered as he and the other four Decepticon shrunk back into the shadows. “So right you are.”

“What do you think he means?” Blaze whispered.

“Megatron’s an idiot.” Morpheous snapped. “He’s trying to mess with our minds. Apollo and Moonrock, start carrying us back to the surface…”

“Watch out!” Strongarm yelled and pointed over Morpheous Prime’s shoulder.

The group dove in all directions as a metallic object came from the shadows and slammed into the ground where they had been standing. The Autobots readied their weapons as a huge primarily green robotic scorpion with treads rolled from the black area of the cavern. It quickly cornered the group as the tail took another swipe towards them from above and the claws, each armed with a sharp blade, menaced them from ground level.

“Altogether, fire on my mark!” Morpheous ordered. “Now!”

The Autobots fired their various weapons at the gigantic scorpion, forcing it to shield its head and backwards away from where it had them pinned against the wall. As it shrunk back into the shadows, smaller forms seemed to shoot out of hiding places in the walls and began to fire on them. They each had animal alternate modes, among them an insect, a hawk, a panther and a raptor-like dinosaur. They moved about the arena with such speed they could barely be tracked. Moonrock shouted as the hawk had dove down and began to lift him off the ground. Strongarm kicked at the insect that had gotten too close for comfort.

“We need to get out of here…Apollo, transform and take Blaze and Sunspot with you. Moonrock, do the same with Strongarm. As soon as you get them to safety, come back for Off-Road.”

“What about you?”

“I can take care of myself, Moonrock! Now don’t stand there gawking, follow orders!”

Apollo and Moonrock quickly transformed and did as they were ordered. After Apollo had come back and lifted Off-Road towards the hole above them, Morpheous scowled at the four animals who surrounded him.

“Come get me…” he challenged.

The panther snarled and lunged forward, and was easily dispatched by a backhanded strike. The three others waited for the panther to recover, and it became apparent they were sizing him up for a group assault.

“I think we need to even up the odds…” Morpheous growled.

He transformed into his truck transport mode, activated his headlights and revved his engine. The animals scattered, expecting Morpheous to try to run them down. Instead, four compartments opened on his trailer. Out of those compartments shot four drones roughly the size of Strongarm and Moonrock, each a different color with a different number displayed on its side. A white helicopter engaged the hawk, a blue hydrofoil hovered through the air towards the insect, a yellow drill went for the panther and a red fire engine-like drone took on the raptor.

“This is more like it…”

The animals found the tables had turned as Morpheous began firing at them as well. They began to retreat back to the shadows. The Autobot commander laughed at they scrambled away followed closely by his drones. His buzzing transmitter interrupted his single-handed victory.

“Morpheous, do you need help?” Apollo’s voice crackled through the speaker.

“Of course I don’t, I’m fine.”

“I’m coming down for you.”

Morpheous didn’t reply. He recalled his drones and transformed as soon as they were securely stationed in his trailer. He heard Apollo’s thrusters above him and smiled.

“Is this the best you can do, Megatron?”

10. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Since it's my birthday I'll post two chapters later on as a gift to you guys (what a friggin' cheap lame-ass gift!)

Stay tuned:) 

11. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter 8
    Combination

I should have known that bumbling fool Megatron would fail as usual…” Starscream grunted as they watched the Autobots exit the hole.

“This fight isn’t over yet…” Gigatron smirked.

“Don’t give me that slag, Gigatron…I have the feeling you’re behind all of this somehow, but you can’t tell me you know exactly what just happened down there.

“Just trust me, Starscream. Watch and enjoy.”

Starscream shook his head and looked back down to the hole in time to see Apollo emerge one last time, with Morpheous Prime in tow. Off-Road ran up to him in concern.

“Morpheous, are you hurt?”

“I’m fine.” Morpheous snapped and pushed Off-Road aside. “Whatever those things were Megatron sent after us were nothing more than a waste of what little energon they had left.”

“I think not.”

Morpheous and the other whirled around at the sound of Megatron’s challenge. The other four Decepticons stood behind their commander, ready to attack.

“You may have eluded your demise in the arena, but you haven’t escaped my wrath yet…”

The ground shook and cracked open between the Autobots and Decepticons. The robotic scorpion they encountered underground quickly climbed from the fissure and began to attack the Autobots in earnest. As the Autobots dove to and fro to evade the wildly swinging tail and slashing claws, the four beasts crawled out and joined in the battle. The hawk dove down from the air and knocked Strongarm to the ground. As it came around for another pass, claws extended to tear into its victim’s armor, A green and yellow object came out of nowhere, slamming into it and driving it away. Brawn transformed and held out his hand to help Strongarm to his feet.

“Thanks, but I could have handled myself…”

“That’s usually my line!” Brawn laughed.

Strongarm’s face hardened as he fired an energy burst over Brawn’s shoulder, sending the panther sprawling. “Now we’re even.” He said as he patted Brawn’s shoulder while running past him.

Brawn looked up in time to see the scorpion’s tail swat at Morpheous Prime, sending him off-balance and falling backward. Morpheous hit the ground and looked at brawn. He gritted his teeth and narrowed his optics.

“What are you doing here?!” he hissed. Brawn opened his mouth to reply but was cut off. “Nevermind…” Morpheous said as he pushed himself to his feet. He pointed at brawn before he turned back to the fight at hand “This isn’t over.”

Windcharger finally reached the battle scene and transformed next to Brawn. “Brawn, this isn’t that smart a thing to do…we need to get back to Iacon!”

“No way Windcharger…we’re a part of this group whether Morpheous ‘Prime’ likes it or not and I’ll be slagged if I’m going to be left back at the base to house-sit. We’re not inexperienced little drones like Bumblebee was, Windcharger!”

The two dove out of the way as the insect was inadvertently thrown their direction by Blaze. Windcharger picked himself up and ran to help Brawn to his feet. “But Brawn…look at these Autobots…comparatively, we’re more inexperienced to them than Bumblebee was to us! We’re smaller then the smallest among them, what chance do we have against the enemies!”

Brawn stared at Windcharger. “So you’d rather sit back in Iacon while our teammates get their skid plates handed to them out here? No thanks…not this Autobot.”

Brawn ran from Windcharger into the thick of the battle, leaving his old comrade speechless. After a few moments, Windcharger shook his head in disgust and followed Brawn into the skirmish.

“This is definitely not a smart thing to do…”

“Curse Gigatron’s creations, they’re still losing!” Megatron growled softly to himself from the edge of the battle. “If this is some sort of scheme to aid the Autobots in our destruction, I’ll tear the traitor apart!”

Movement behind him tore Megatron from his thoughts he whirled around, his fusion cannon semi-charged. Soundwave stood statuesque behind his commander, not even flinching when suddenly looking down Megatron’s weapon. Megatron quickly lowered his arm and his defenses out of any of these Decepticons under his command, Soundwave was the only one he truly trusted. Scourge only lusted for power, and the bounty hunters were only here because they simply didn’t have enough energon supplies to get off Cybertron. He didn’t even want to think about Gigatron and his shady intentions…

“Soundwave, what is it?”

“Awaiting permission to send the next wave of drones.”

“Wait a moment Soundwave…if Gigatron is true to his word, these five Neo Terrorcons will be able to handle the Autobots on their own…though be prepared so call for the others…the battle has been sided evenly thus far…”

Soundwave saluted and returned to his stoic scrutiny of the fight in front of them. Megatron looked up and saw Gigatron on Unicron’s shoulder. He narrowed his optics and gritted his teeth. “Who could that deceitful morphobot be talking to…?”

The Neo Terrorcons were unproven, but what they lacked in their inexperience they made up for by pure savagery and sheer stupidity. No matter how many times they could be scorched by Autobot laser fire, they got up, brushed off the injury and returned to the thick of battle. Morpheous Prime looked around him in frustration…this had been the longest battle with Decepticons since Megatron first emerged from whatever place he had concealed himself for two hundred years and attacked Iacon. Sunspot was knocked off balance by a jolt from the insect and fell backwards into his leader’s arms.

“How much longer can we keep this up?”

“Unfortunately Sunspot, drastic measures may have to be taken…”

Shoving Sunspot away from him, he ran to the aid of Apollo and Blaze who were fighting the scorpion. When he had aided in driving the beast back, he turned to his second in command. “Apollo…we need more power to defeat these…things. Ready for the Powerlinx Combination!”

“The Powerlinx Combination?” Apollo gasped. “We haven’t had the need for such a thing in hundreds of years…how can you be sure we’re still capable of it?”

“Don’t argue, just do it!” Morpheous yelled. “Off-Road! Sunspot! Convene on my mark!”

The other Autobots backed towards their commander while Strongarm and Moonrock provided cover fire. Brawn and Windcharger found themselves surrounded by the four smaller beasts, alone.

“Looks like we’re finished!” Windcharger snorted.

“Not yet we’re not…” Brawn grunted. “Follow my lead.”

Transforming, brawn peeled out and leveled the panther, creating a small gap in the beasts’ defenses. Windcharger didn’t argue the point, following Brawn’s lead. When they were clear of the Neo Terrorcons and with Strongarm and Moonrock behind Unicron’s foot they transformed and took cover. Firepower connected all over, forcing the four Autobots to duck below the huge foot.

“Great they have us pinned down…what are we going to do now?”

“Don’t worry Brawn…” Stronarm said smiling. “The cavalry’s about the arrive.”

Looking behind them, Brawn and Windcharger took in one of the strangest sights they had ever beheld. Off-Road and Apollo, and Blaze and Sunspot had charged their energy and begun a combination sequence that left one Autobot standing in the place two had previously been. When the swift combination was complete, Apollo and Sunspot stood as the top portions of the combinations, Off-Road and Blaze respectively taking the lower half. The two super Autobots hurried to the aid of their teammates. The firepower they possessed was vast and easily scattered the Neo Terrorcons, allowing Brawn, Windcharger, Moonrock and Strongarm to move away from their pinned-down position.

“Perfect timing!” yelled out in appreciation.

“Don’t get comfortable!” The Apollo/ Off-Road Combination yelled back, his voice a strange amalgamation of the Autobots individual voices, “We’re not out of the frying pan yet!”

The scorpion shook with apparent rage and transformed into a robot mode. His form seemed to saturate strength and power. He grunted orders to the others with a garbled, grating voice.

“Neo Terrorcons! Transform and decimate these Autobots!”

12. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter 9
    False Prime

With no provocation whatsoever, the scorpion Decepticon took a massive leap towards the Autobots and sent a blow into the upper body of the Apollo/ Off-Road combination. They immediately went into stasis lock, optics dark and hit the ground laying still.

“No! Powerlinx Apollo!” Moonrock screamed.

The scorpion turned its attention to the Sunspot/ Blaze combination, growling menacingly. The scorpion tail, still present in robot mode, twitched momentarily and lashed out. Powerlinx Sunspot dove out of the way just in time and rolled away in the direction of his four smaller companions.

“Moonrock! An energon weapon would be a huge help right now!”

Without hesitation, Moonrock’s face turned to pure concentration and the translucent red object Brawn and Windcharger originally thought only ornamentation on Moonrock and Strongarm began to glow. The light seemed to flow out of the object and became more viscous and eventually turned into an energon-like state. The energon began to re-form itself and in the blink of an optic it had taken the form of a large spear-like weapon. Moonrock grabbed a hold of the translucent red glistening energon spear and tossed it toward his teammate. Powerlinx Sunspot grabbed it and held it up just in time to meet the Decepticon monstrocity head on. The jagged spear pierced the attacker through his upper right chest, jutting out the other side. The scorpion grimaced for a moment but began to emit a gurgling bubbly sound somewhat like laughter. He looked down at the Autobot on the ground in front of him and smiled.

“It’ll take more than your pathetic Autobot stick to defeat Scorpio!”

Nearby, Morpheous Prime had his hands full with the four other Neo-Terrorcons who had transformed and attacked him. They were the size of Strongarm and Moonrock in robot mode, making it extremely difficult for Morpheous to get his larger hands on them. While engulfed in his own battle he saw Powerlinx Sunspot was in dire trouble. He kicked the Insect hard in the midsection, sending it reeling away.

“I don’t have time for this!” He screamed.

He transformed into his vehicle mode and accelerated away from the swarm of small Neo-Terrorcons. Scorpio heard the sound of the powerful engine and looked up just in time to be leveled by the battering ram like armored hide of Morpheous Prime. Scorpio tumbled a fair distance away and finally came to a stop. He slowly stood up, pulling Moonrock’s energon spear from his chest and throwing it away. His own energon poured out of his wound and he grinned broadly.

“Finally, the challenge I’ve been waiting for!”

Morpheous disconnected from his trailer and transformed into his robot mode. “You think far too highly of your abilities, newblood.” He growled.

As the two large transformers squared off and sized each other up, Starscream and Gigatron continued to watch from above.

“So far I’ve been impressed with your toys Gigatron.” Starscream smirked. “How do you expect this Scorpio will be able to go toe to toe with a Prime?”

Gigatron laughed in his usual mocking manner. “Ask me that question if a real Prime rises from the grave.”

Starscream gave Gigatron a quizzical look. “A ‘real’ Prime?”

“Come now Starscream…you’ve been a spark spirit for five hundred years, you can’t have floated around all this time without doing some eves dropping?”

“I spent the first hundred years in solitude.” Starscream said softly, uncharacteristically. “When I finally came back to this area of the planet, Morpheous Prime and Megatron were at war…as much as it could be called ‘war’ that is…”

Gigatron sighed. “You disappoint me, air commander…I know more about the current players in Cybertron’s game and I don’t have the advantage of having my presence blind to the naked optic…but very well, I’ll indulge you in your curiosity:

Morpheous was a standard Autobot explorer and scientist…brilliant. For centuries he had been on a distant planet surveying the ecosystem and other such information to add to the Autobots’ understanding of foreign life. When Maximus and Delta Primes sent the distress signals to Optimus Prime and Megatron alerting them to Unicron’s second coming, Morpheous received one of them on his signal wavelength. Based on his position, Optimus and Megatron received the signal years before he did, but he was ignorant of that fact. He immediately abandoned his post and returned to Cybertron.

Unicron had only been defeated for ten years by the time he made it back to Cybertron. He found himself in the middle of a graveyard where the road connecting Iacon and Polyhex had once stood. By himself, it took him eighty years to clean up the bodies of all those who had fallen in the battle. Roughly twenty years into this task, he came across the Autobot Matrix of Leadership near the energy-less Unicron. Since he was one of the last surviving Autobots, he thought the Matrix would reformat him, a benevolent honest being…however the Matrix rejected him. He was disenchanted by the situation and hid the matrix somewhere in the vast networks of Iacon’s bunkers.

As he continued to give the bodies a proper disposal, he was surprised to find an Autobot who had traveled to Iacon from parts unknown. His name was Solar, and he joined Morpheous offering to give him aid in the clean up efforts. After twenty more years had passed, the two Autobots had become inseparable comrades, and finished cleaning of the grisly display at Iacon. A group of Decepticons…Scourge, Soundwave, Smokejumper and BB…attacked them. Morpheous managed to get the upper hand against them since they were terribly weak from energon depletion. Before he could finish them off, he was shot in the back by Solar who left him for dead to leave with the Decepticons. Morpheous has not seen Solar since.

Morpheous spent the next several years rebuilding himself, bigger and stronger than before. Still jaded from being spurned by the matrix, he fashioned himself a new one for himself. It served as an energon battery for his own personal systems, as well as a controller for those four drones he houses in his trailer.

Now calling himself Morpheous Prime, he set out to rebuild the Autobot forces from the ground up…”

“Yes.” Starscream interrupted. “I know all about his forces…which were eventually divided.”

“Indeed. Solar’s betrayal made Morpheous nearly incapable of giving his total trust freely. That distrust tore his team apart, leading to the division you speak of.”

“Interesting…”

Gigatron looked down and smiled. “Now the history lesson will have to end…things are about to heat up below…”

13. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    There ya go, hope you enjoy...and I hope I didn;t forget to polb or italisize anything, I'm pretty buzzed up...god bless the roommates giving me booze for the bday :D  :horse:  :bday  :cool:  :rock 

14. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I haven't meant to neglect this, I've just been busy. I'll post a new chapter soon

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just got a chance to read the two newest chapters. Great stuff... can't wait to read more. :D 

16. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Thanks man, hopefuly you like whats coming up:) 

Chapter 10
    Retreat​

Scorpio bellowed like a wild animal and charged Morpheous Prime headfirst. Bracing himself took most of the force out of the attack, but Morpheous knew he could use kid gloves with this new Decepticon…any other Autobot would have surely been torn in half. Morpheous felt himself sliding back under the force of the powerful Scorpio…he had to act fast. Thinking quickly, he shifted his weight, allowing Scorpio of bowl over him, and pushed the heavy body upwards as he rolled onto his back. Scorpio his the ground hard but was back on his feet in no time. Changing tactics, Morpheous met him had on and shoved an elbow into Scorpio’s chin, however it did not have much effect. Scorpio smiled and grabbed onto Morpheous, bringing him uncomfortably close to his face.

“I’m going to relish devouring your spark…” he hissed.

Morpheous saw his own reflection in Scorpio’s amber colored visor. His optics grew angry as he lashed out, sending his fist into the wound in his adversary’s chest made by Powerlinx Sunspot and Moonrock’s energon spear. Scorpio flinched in slight pain, giving Morpheous enough time to wriggle free and roll away. Scorpio’s gurgling laugh filled his optics as he scrambled to his feet.

“A cheap shot? And you call yourself a Prime…”

“Enough!” Moroheous shouted.

The compartments on his trailer opened once again, allowing the four drones to activate and swiftly join their master at his side. “It’s over.” Morpheous barked.

“So your plan is to gang up on me? Very un Prime-like…”

The corners of Morpheous’ mouth curved down as his temper flared. Without saying a word, energy sparked out from his chest to his limbs, extending past his body to the drones. The drones themselves began to transform and positioned themselves over Morpheous’ existing arms and legs, increasing his height and reach considerably. A helmet came to place over his head, and his chest compartment opened up revealing his constructed Matrix. His feet shook the ground as he landed. He took a defensive stance and taunted Scorpio.

“Come on…”

Scorpio smiled in excitement. “I relish the challenge!”

The Decepticon began to charge Morpheous once again, tail at the ready to strike. As the distance between the two lessened, Morpheous prepared himself for the attack. He knew what he had to do. As Scorpio lashed out yet again with his tail, Morphous swung his left arm, now the white helicopter drone, in front of him. The helicopter’s razor sharp rotor had no problems cutting into Scorpio’s tail, severing it completely. Following up with a knee to the face, Morpheous leveled Scorpio to the ground in one fluid movement. In an attempt to end the threat, Morpheous lifted his foot to step down on and crush Scorpio’s head. Scorpio managed to roll over and catch Morpheous’ foot before it was able to crush him. He pushed the Autobot commander away and reached out to grab hold of his severed tail, which he swung up like a mace, connecting with Morpheous Prime’s chest and exposed matrix. The drone limbs shuddered and disconnected themselves from Morpheous’ body. He hit the ground with a crash, the drones sprawled out around him. Megatron shouted in glee, standing in front of his Decepticons and the four Neo-Terrorcon beasts just beyond Unicron’s Monument.

“Morpheous is down…Decepticons, Neo-Terrorcons, fire!”

The combined force of the new Decepticon forces drove the Autobots back to the hill. Morpheous picked himself up from the ground. His matrix sputtered and he felt his energy waning. He quickly transformed, his trailer automatically reaching out with servo-arms to pull the drones back inside for repairs.

“Autobots!” he shouted, angry and ashamed at the words he knew he had to utter next, “Transform and retreat back to Iacon!”

Starscream watched the events unfold in awe. “H-he did it…Megatron won!” he stammered.

“Yes, Megatron won…” Gigatron said to himself. “The first step of the master plan has been completed…”

As the Autobots retreated up the hill Megatron laughed in spite of himself. When the last Autobot had disappeared over the hilltop, he called for a cease-fire.

“What?! We can slag these ‘Bots here and now, I’m going after them!” Smokejumper challenged.

“You’ll do nothing of the sort.” Megatron snapped back, knocking Smokjumper to the ground. “We accomplished exactly what we set out to do…”

“Let Autobots escape?” BB offered.

“No, you idiot…Morpheous ‘Prime’ and his band of followers know now they don’t rule Cybertron anymore…The Decepticon empire has begun to rebuild…”

“What is the next move, Megatron?” Soundwave asked.

“We return to Polyhex, repair Scorpio and re-energize. In short order, we will attack the Autobots in Iacon and commandeer their energon supply and stronghold.”

“What about the other Autobots on the planet?” Scourge demanded. “Morpheous Prime is stubborn, but you know better than I, he’ll do whatever it takes to keep us under control…even call for help.”

“Let them come.” Megatron scoffed.” These Neo-Terrorcons are just the tip of the iceberg…My Decepticons will decemate any Autobot forces that dare stand against us…now quickly, back to Polyhex. We have plans to lay out…”

“Where did those new Decepticons come from?” Blaze shouted as the Autobots hurried back to their base as fast as their wheels could take them.

“It doesn’t matter where they came from.” Morpheous snapped back. “The only thing that matters is getting repairs so we can hunt them down and annihilate them.”

“Annihilate?” Windcharger whispered to Brawn. “That’s not a word I’m use to hearing from a commander.”

“Exactly…this Morpheous has a lot to learn. And he’d better do it soon…”

Back at the forefront of the retreating group, Apollo hovered above Morpheous to offer a solution.

“Morpheous, I’m sending out a signal beacon to the others--”

“You’ll do no such thing, Apollo!”

“But-!”

“We don’t need those turncoats to destroy these Decepticons! That’s the last I’ll discuss on the matter!”

Apollo increased his altitude and speed the rest of the way to Iacon. He beat the others by a fair amount of time and in a huff, headed straight to the communications console and sat down, fiddling with nobs. He’d had enough of Morpheous Prime’s way. This wasn’t something their few numbers could handle. They needed help, and there was one Autobot out there who would give it to them…

17. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Chapter 11
    Inner Turmoil​

To the renewed glory of the Decepticons!”

Decepticons and Neo Terrorcons alike cheered at Megatron’s toast. All save for Scourge…

“If this waste of energon is any indication of this newfound ‘glory’, perhaps I’ve chosen the wrong side!” he shouted pointing at Megatron. “We could have followed the Autobots to Iacon and disposed of them by now, but no! We had to return to Polyhex, give them time to lick their wounds and recover!”

Megatron kicked Scourge in the face from the table he stood on that had served as the Decepticon war room planning grounds centuries ago. Scourge tumbled backwards to the ground. Megatron jumped from the table and landed on his unruly subordinate with a cold foot to the chest pinning him down.

“You have a great mind for war Scourge…pity you don’t have the basic intelligence to match. Had we followed the Autobots to Iacon, their bases automatic defenses would have cut us down immediately. We might have gained access to energon, but we still must use it frugally…the Neo-Terrorcons expended quite a good amount of energy fighting the Autobots and needed to recharge if they were to engage them in battle a second time.”

Scourge narrowed his optics as Megatron lifted his foot from pinning him to the ground. With no provocation, Megatron lashed out and knocked Scourge prostrate again and help his arm mounted weapon inches from his face.

“Remember who is—and has been—in command of this unit Scourge. Don’t betray me…this cannon is fully energized now, don’t make me waste that energon on the likes of you.” Megatron backed away keeping a weary optic trained on Scourge. “Now take Smokejumper and BB…scout ahead, Soundwave is close to finishing the repairs on Scorpio. We’ll be behind you shortly.”

“At once, master Megatron.” Scourge answered, sarcastically emphasizing the word ‘master.’ “Come on you idiots.” He abruptly said to Smokejumper and BB, who followed him out of the room.

Megatron watched the black Prime leave, still tense. It was only a matter of time until Scourge would be of little use. Gigatron’s promised army was coming to fruition…Yes, perhaps Scourge had chosen the wrong side after all…

The general feeling at the Autobots’ base in Iacon was frustration, disillusionment and bitter anger. Morpheous had gone straight to his personal quarters to repair his damaged Matrix, ignoring the others completely. Strongarm quickly repaired Moonrock and Off-Road who had sustained the most damage in the battle with the Neo-Terrorcons. The other Autobots waited to have their basic systems checked out. Sunspot sat off to the side from the others, repairing a small injury in his forearm. Blaze shook his head as he mulled over the recent events and began to muse aloud.

“Maybe we only have ourselves to blame…I mean we thought we had the Decepticons under control! They completely took us off guard.”

“Yeah, well everything was fine and dandy until these two decided to drop in…” Sunspot sneered, nodding his head towards brawn and Windcharger. “Maybe help their Decepticon buddies out a bit?”

Brawn’s optics narrowed in anger. “That’s a blatant lie and you know it.”

“Actually I don’t know it small fry!” Sunspot snapped as he stood up. “I don’t know anything about you! None of us do!”

“Hey now Sunspot…” Off-Road interjected, “They couldn’t have helped the Decepticons…they helped us fight them just now, and don’t forget they were confined to level six the instant we found them. They couldn’t have given the Decepticons any aid.”

“Come on, slag for brains…they could have put on a good act during that fight with the ‘Cons…and they were confined to level six until someone decided to let them out.”

“That was an accident.” Off-Road quietly said.

“Right, right…you tend to have those quite a bit don’t you? Maybe these midgets aren’t the leak, maybe it’s you!”

Sunspot was silenced as an uppercut from below his eye level sent him off his feet, smashing backwards into the floor. Brawn stood above him, shaking in anger. “You self-righteous pile of scrap! You don’t waste any time pointing fingers at others, but I didn’t see you doing your fair share against the Decepticons!”

Windcharger scrambled up and pulled on Brawn’s shoulders. “Brawn, stop it’s not worth it.”

“Not worth it?! The instant we landed back on Cybertron we’ve been treated like second-rate garbage by these Autobot wannabes, and I’m sick and slaggin’ tired of it!”

Sunspot picked himself up from the ground and angrily glowered over the much shorter Minibot. Brawn wasn’t fazed in the least and readied himself to end this argument the best way he knew how…with his fists. The confrontation was halted for the moment by a transmission from Morpheous Prime.

“All Autobots in Iacon report for an attack on Polyhex immediately…repeat, immediate roll out to Polyhex for extermination of the Decepticons!”

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just read the two newest chapters. Interesting stuff man, can't wait to see "Rodimus" show up to help and see what Megatron does about Scourge! :D 

19. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Thanks man, sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been really busy and haven't had much time to think about the story...but I'll update it soon.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Take your time. Shouldn't rush something you do for enjoyment that's what I say. :thumbs2: