Spin-offs instead of sequels?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 19, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Marvel has enabled the X-MEN films and the Marvel Cinematic Universe films to gain their own sequels and spin-offs (X-MEN - WOLVERINE, FIRST CLASS; MCU - IRON MAN 2, NICK FURY). I wonder if, similarly, Hasbro/Paramount could/should try for spin-offs of the TFilms, that focus on different factions of Autobots/Decepticons.

Such a move has its advantages:
    - A spin-off would mean a new director and direction; by general consensus some difference/variety would be welcomed among these films. If each film had some sort of varying theme (Beast Warriors, new recruits activated by the Matrix, Aerialbots) it would make things more diverse and interesting.

- It enables the TFilmverse to be adequately expanded. There are simply too many characters topear in one film, spreading them out across a series of films would be a better route: have the Aerialbots vs Combaticons in one film, Monsterbots vs Horrocons in another film, etc. and then have it all lead into a final film where all these factions slug it out. It would allow for more robots to appear, as well as adequate fleshing out of their characters.

Ideally, they could start with the Wreckers having their own spin-off, then from there proceed onto perhaps a prequel (something like the GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY story).

Anyone else think they could try spin-offs?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sorry but Transformers doesn't have enough well known charecters that can get a spinoff.

I'd love to see a LSOTW movie though.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Really, with the movieverse, the only characters who could have a shot at a legit spin-off/individual movie are 'Bee and Optimus. And as it stands, the movies are essentially already their own spin-off movie, since it's all about them (Transformers-wise, at least). :p 

But hey, I'd be all for a Sentinel Prime movie. Starring Sentinel Prime.

4. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Okay that I can make an exception for. I'd love Sentinel to bits even when he's killing Ironhide.

and I like Ironhide a lot.

Also I thoguht of another. Dutch the movie starring Alan Tudyk. but who would play India?

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Freda Pinto.

6. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Hey she ain't bad looking. :drool: 

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yes! I would love to see that too!

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this moment in time, all I want is a movie that is directed by someone who can do for Transformers, what Peter Jackson did for The Lord of the Rings and Joss Whedon did for Avengers.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's an interesting concept but I don't know if Hasbro and Paramount would go for it since they seem to be all about Prime, Bumblebee, and just a hand full of other robots in supporting roles.

Maybe some deal where a Japanese studio or South Korean studio could do live action Transformers would be cool since a movie made outside of the US would be different than the take that American films will go with the characters and stories.