SPIKE/SPARKPLUG in TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SKYNET121, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SKYNET121

SKYNET121 Member

I have been wondering what new character to replace Sam. I have said before Chip would be could in the next movie, but what about Spike and his dad sparkplug.?

I often wondered if Sam was portraying Spike, but never got that evidence. If that was the case the next movie could have a older Sam/Spike and his son Daniel, like the classic G1 movie.

Any how I just want TF4 to come as soon as possible no matter the main human character! As long as Hot Rod is finally in the movie. Spike would be the right choice for a fresh new face to replace Sam.

2. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    No, this is not G1.

On that note, the next movie should have Una and Chak from Beast Wars as the main characters.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this in another thread:

I would fast forward 13 years, and make Sam a full fledged adult working at the job that Dylan use to have, and his son Daniel is all about Autobots. Its been 13 years, and more Autobots have come to Earth to hunt down the remaining Decepticons from DOTM and have created Autobot City as a base of operations after the NEST base was destroyed, and it is protected by Ultra Magnus. Bumblebee does space exploration with a team watched over by Sam, so a young solider named Hot Rod protects Daniel. After years of being in cryostatis, the UN decides its too dangerous to keep the remains of Megatron on Earth and want his remains along with his Decepticon generals jettisoned into deep space. Prime, Magnus, and Sam are against this, but do it to appease the humans. (this can also be done as a flashback showing what happened the year after DOTM) After years of floating in space Meg's remains encounter a being (Unicron) and he is reformatted as Galvatron! There's the start of your trilogy. Part 4 is the Return of the Decipticons, Part 5 is War for Cybetron (with Galvatron returning to Cyberton planning to re-energize the dead planet, only to be fooled by Unicron and him feeding on Cybertron), Part 6 is back on Earth defending it now against Unicron! THATS how TF should end.

4. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I've always thought sam's son would star TF4 if there was one

5. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

His name being Witwicky didn't clue you in?

6. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

:lolol 

That would make my day. In all seriousness though, I wonder how a Beast Wars movie would be like.

7. fabexmax

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Really guys?! REALLY!??? We are talking about a BILLION dollar movie franchise, and you want those to be the faces of it. REALLY?

I think Don Murphy left a message for you today. You should read it. :gen069: 

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

This is not G1. And a dad named Sparkplug? That wouldnt work.

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Who names their kid Sparkplug lol

10. GALVATRON_01

GALVATRON_01 CHAOS BRINGER

DONE! TF4, TF5, TF6 for 2013, 2015 and 2017.

11. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

If i recall correctly, shia stated in an article back in '07 that his character was called " Sam AKA SPIKE". sam=spike

12. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

damn I laughed SO F*ing HARD!
    and I agree... this is NO G1, no need to have any G1 names (I said no NEED, there could be, but why just G1... why not... Kicker Witwicky! ... ok that's strange but it would be a double reference!)

13. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    lol sams son lol

14. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    i like this idea. Don't reboot, continue it!

15. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    I wan't to make my own series of movies. Six movies, that would hopefully not @#$% fans' childhoods.

16. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

Oh god NO!!!!! Why would they bother making those 3 movies? That already exists. It's called Transformers the Movie. Everyone can go out and buy it right now. I'm sorry but if they did that it would turn me off the movie franchise. I enjoy that each iteration of Transformers is different, it keeps it fresh. Beast Wars and Beast Machines may be in the same continuity as G1 but it was different enough to keep it from getting stale. Even though RID and AEC weren't the best of shows they kept things fresh. Animated was a huge hit while being different, with G1 references. Prime is off to a great start, no G1 references besides names and it is all working well. Yes, Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are back but they are voice actors, that's what they do for a living.

I don't understand why people are clambering so much for the movies to be G1. If you want G1, stick a DVD on and watch it. It shows the strength of a series if it can reinvent itself and still be enjoyable. Look at how many times X-Men has been reinvented and still a highly enjoyable series. People who complain that a movie differs from source material need to wake up. Things work differently in different mediums.

Wow, rant over, no idea where that came from. On topic, no, Spike or Sparkplug would be stupid names for characters. The only way I can see it working is a code name for Sam 10 years down the line who has gone through training and now part of NEST. Spike would work as a code name. Look how he took out Starscream, grapple hook in one eye and spikes an explosive in the other.

17. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Its, honoring the source material Trike. Everyone here who knows TF was able to point out the things that were taken straight from G1 and put in DOTM. And looks like DOTM is on track to be the BEST of the 3 TF movies. Not dissing, just point out the facts. I also feel that although similar, there is still a lot of wiggle room left in the ideas I presented to make this film work in the Bayverse. I was using broad strokes, but a smaller brush would fill in the other details. As far as Sparkplug and Spike being stupid names (I do LOVE your idea of how Sam is called SPIKE based on how he killed Starscream though) I don't they that are any stupider than Dino or Que.

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    1.) This isn't G1.

2.) Those are the stupidest names I've ever heard.

19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    No, I don't want G1 human characters. We already had Sam. We should bring in Rad or better, KICKER!!!!

Just kidding, calm down

20. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    Ugh... I always thought their names might have been based on old CB call names... and even then I could be wrong... but thought in the old Marvel comic Optimus or Bumblebee or someone said they couldn't "say" their name in "our language" and went by different nick names for use in our language.

But, I was seriously thinking... if they kept the current timeline for future movies... to GO further into the future and we could actually have a "Daniel" or simply "Dan"... but maybe without Shia... have Sam die from a heart attack during an Autotbot raid on a secret Decepticon base PRIOR to the movie starting ... and have Dan/Daniel actually HATE the Autobots. And somehow start with the Decepticons cleaning up Chicago (well not LITERALLY), but Megatron's remains... for him to turn into Galvatron.