Spielberg possibly leaving Paramount?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MACRAPTRON, Sep 19, 2007.

1. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/industryNews/idUSN1817882820070918

Sorry if it was posted already. Do you guys think this has something to do with them delaying the production of TF2?

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Could be several reasons. Spielberg at this point seems to be leaning toward blu-ray with Close Encounters of the Third Kind being his first high-def movie and exclusive to BD.

And judging from this comment....

He may not be getting the respect or appreciation he feels he deserves from the studio.

He may still have some feelings over their decision to drop his buddy Tom Cruise.

Gotta love that "immaterial" comment considering Transformers being the biggest hit Paramount has seen in a LONG time. Seriously, they are bragging about a Titanic reunion movie? Pass.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

How will this afect a sequel? Every day it passes a second sequel seems far and far...

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dude, the DVD isn't even out yet. There's almost no doubt we'll get a sequel--hell, just consider yourself lucky you're not a Die Hard, Alien, Indiana Jones, or Terminator fan, y'know?

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Actully i´m a Terminator fan...

*goes to cry in a corner in a fetal position*

6. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, this is interesting news. I also like how they talk about, "n the event somebody shows up to help them (Spielberg and Geffen) start a studio from scratch".

How much help do you think Spielberg and Geffen need to start a studio from scratch? I'd say not all that much. They didn't have all that much help when they started Dreamworks. This almost looks like a done deal from the sources that are quoted here.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In relation to the high-def format wars, this is one of the reasons I'm glad I've gone multi-format. You just never know who's gonna leave what studio and take which movies with them.

8. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

How can someone like Steven Spielberg leave and the studio call it "immaterial". Can anyone imagine Lucas leaving Fox and Fox calling him "immaterial". It's the end of the world as we know it. (tongue firmly in cheek)