Spielberg Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DanielGuardian, Jul 18, 2006.

1. DanielGuardian

DanielGuardian Member

Forgive me if I'm double posting but the news moves so fast around here. Thought you all might find this interesting:

July 16, 2006
    SpielbergFilms interviews Steven Spielberg

Awalt: For a while we covered your production works, but I wanted to focus more specifically on your work as director, but I should still ask: ‘Transformers.’ How excited are you about that?

Spielberg: Well the dailies are fantastic.

Awalt: Any effects work, or just physical so far?

Spielberg: I have seen no effects work so far. I’ve only seen the scenes with the characters and a lot of the action, we call them plates, but it’s plates with first team characters running around and hiding and fighting and it’s pretty amazing what Michael Bay’s doing with the camera, and with the performances.

http://www.spielbergfilms.com/general/972

2. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Even though alot of us arent fans of micheal bay, i think we can feel at least a little reasured by the fact that spielberg is producing!

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    that has to be quite possibly the shortest interview evar in the history of teh interweb.

4. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

He should have asked Spielberg if he had seen the Transformer character designs, and if he felt Bay was on the right track with those. I don't think anyone ever doubted Bay's ability to capture great action sequences. Spielberg's added, "...and the performances", was good though.