Spielberg automobiles as Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 29, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime is a Peterbilt truck. This vehicle was previously seen in Spielberg's film DUEL, in an ironically antagonistic role.

This raises for me an interesting premise: what if automobiles that previously appeared in Spielberg films were cast as Transformers?

The most obvious one is the DeLorean. The Autobot inventor Wheeljack, of course, would be perfect for a DeLorean, and not the 1980s but this 2005 concept DeLorean:
    http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/delorean1.jpg

It's a magnificent if somewhat retro vehicle, and you could load props on it like the Wreckers have to make it resemble Wheeljack's famous gadgets and stuff. Have it hover, or space bridge its way across cities; something that invokes its crackpot-inventor nature of Wheeljack and also homage BTTF.

Ah, it was just an idea. But do contribute anything, if you can.

2. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Two questions, just for some clarification:

- Do you mean cars/trucks that have been in movies that Steven Spielberg had some part in bringing to the screen? (seeing how he produced the Back to the Future movies, and did not direct any of them)
    - Are you referring to just a vehicle similar to one that appeared in a Spielberg movie, or the exact movie vehicle? (such as you noting a more modern DeLorean than the 1980s one)

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Two questions, just for some clarification:
    - Do you mean cars/trucks that have been in movies that Steven Spielberg had some part in bringing to the screen? (seeing how he produced the Back to the Future movies, and did not direct any of them)
    - Are you referring to just a vehicle similar to one that appeared in a Spielberg movie, or the exact movie vehicle? (such as you noting a more modern DeLorean than the 1980s one)"

I mean the first part, but since this is Bayformers and they're big on concept cars, I think upgrades are allowed.

4. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Well, then I guess that's the end of my contributions to this thread - I don't really know of any concept cars beyond the ones that are already in the Transformers movies. : P