spideys new costume...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i havent read a spiderman book in awhile, but i heard he got a new costume, so i grabbed the issue...and i basically think that its the biggest load of crap ever...he's like superman (flying), batman (gadgets), daredevil (i can hear his heartbeat..wtf) and more all wrapped up into one...i so hope this doesnt last to long...and i didnt read the other, so maybe this isnt actually spiderman..but meh, i just dont like the costume...what about you?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

everyone loves the ol' blue and reds.

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Can someone elaborate on this? I don't know what's going on with Spidey because I never read his books. Thanks!

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

blasphemer!

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    well, heres the synopsis of what i remember...tony stark (iron man) tells peter parker that cloth costumes are worthless, and he's designed spidey a new costume, which has micro fiber wing things so he can fly, sonar to detect heartbeats, tons of gadgets like batman, and spideys like why do i need this..tony says something big is coming and he needs to know if spidey is on his side....i dont remember all the details, but spidey does take a bullet in the spine and his new costume stops it....

6. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

He'll need it for Civil War?

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    The new costume has grown on me a lot in the last few weeks. I still hate the colors and prefer the old one but this has a certain charm.

8. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks!

9. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

So basically he's just a spider themed Iron Man that can stick to walls now? Bullshit. The thing that made Spiderman great was the fact he was just an ordinary guy who used his somewhat limited arsenal of powers to great effect. Now he's bullet proof. There are no words to describe how stupid that is.

10. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

If it lasts past civil war I'll be very surprised I'm just taking it as tony pimped spidey's ride type of deal. They can't keep spidey in this forever he's one of the big icons. They did'nt keep supes blue and red, they didnt keep spider-mans black costume. Just look at it as an experiment in 6 or 7 months he'll probably be back in the blue and reds. hell may even happen in civil war

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

From what I've read elsewhere. This isn't going to be permanent. The old red and blue will be back after they finish The Civil War mini-series.

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I picked up the issue today that debuts the new costume, and honestly, it doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. I thought one of the funny moments though was when he tried to glide and it didn't work at first and he had to flutter his arms.

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Change the colors, and it would be tolerable... and I can dig a Spider Man with bulletproof armor...

and get rid of the 3 arms on his back...

14. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I actually wonder if those damn things will even be used, I mean, in the issue he gets the suit, they're not even shown or mentioned. I wonder if they even exist.

15. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I for one like the suit. Maybe it will end up reacting funny with his powers, so he has to go back to using his regualr suit except in times of dire need. eg. Hulkbusting.

16. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

A spider-themed iron man isn't too cool in my book.

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

It's been my understnading that Marvel never intended for this to be a permanent thing, just a plot point for Civil War.

18. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I think the costume is alright

19. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Seeing how many covers show those mechanical arms they do exist, or will. Spidey was just taking the suit out for a test spin in this issue. Tony will probably make a few more adjustments to the suit or some such thing. Whatever they do, I'm thinking we'll see those arms in the next issue.

I have to admit, the "Iron-Spider" suit has grown on me since the first time I saw it. I still wish they had gone with some better colors for it though. As in more Spidey colors, less Iron-Man. And they really don't need to give it the mechanical spider-arms.

20. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Personally, I like it!

It obviously won't stay that way forever (no one, casual fans or the hardcore, would allow it), so I welcome minor changes just to mix it up. It'll probably disappear after the Civil War series wraps up, with what I predict to be a fall-out between Parker and Stark.

That's my theory anyway. :D