Spiderman eats at the soup kitchen

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by bradforj, Mar 2, 2010.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like Spidey is out of a job: Rough economy? Just ask unemployed Spider-Man - Yahoo! News

First they erase all history of his marriage, now this. How far will Quesada be allowed to rape Marvel's flagship character? When will readers get enough of this ass-clown and demand an editor-in-chief that sets shit straight? Does he think this crap makes more readers want to jump on-board? At this point I have no desire to pick up a Spidey book, or anything else that has Quesada's name printed anywhere inside.

2. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I saw this on CNN yesterday...And Fuck You, Joe Quesada! Especially that DC Stripped Cover thing.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I find it extremely ironic that Quesada wouldn't allow a divorce storyline for Peter and MJ because it makes Peter seem too old, but will allow an economic hard times storyline which also makes Peter seem old.

Though I don't see what you guys are raging over. This is exactly the type of storyline that has been written in Spider-man comics since day one. If it isn't job problems, it is money problems. If it isn't money problems, it is problems finding a place to live. Nothing new here, and certainly no reason to act like Quesada is ruining forevah the character. Just more Quesada spin and outrage fail.

[​IMG]

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I barely read comic books as it is, and I find this to be really pathetic. Someone really needs to get rid of this Joe Quesada person...

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe this will result in Peter Parker getting some kind of job that utilizes his supposed skill, intelligence and expertise in the sciences. Or he'll make another deal with Mephisto, whichever results in the fastest return to the status quo.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

They already tried that. Peter taught science in high school for a few years, but either he quit or was fired because being Spider-man kept getting in the way.

What don't you find pathetic, lol.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Oh for the love of.....Spidey is taking more abuse from Joe Quesada than he ever has from any of his villianous foes!

8. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Didn't you know? Joey Q -is- one of Spidey's villians. He's the Evil Quesadila. Unused concept from Stan Lee (even Kangaroo laughed at him) that made it into the real world.

9. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Modern storylines dont always work....

Jeez,why not have a story about Spidey becoming addicted to crystal meth while your at it Quesada?

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

OH NOES, Marvel is doing a storyline thats exactly the same sort of thing that they have being doing since 1961! Screw the current management, the horses they rode in on and the road that they travelled across!

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

How can spiderman collect unemployment if he was fired?! That's not how the system works.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    All we know is JJ fires him and people are going apeshit.

Calm. The fuck. Down.

How about we wait to see what he actually does afterwards before we light the torches.

13. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Before you tell everyone else to calm down...

...didnt you do your own ranting about being beaten in an online video game by a "big f***in g cat"? People have the right to voice an opinion,same as you.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    What does that have to do with comicbooks?

Also, if you think that was a real, heart-felt rant, then you haven't been around here long.

I know people have thier opinions. I respect that. But seriously, everyone's reacting to this WAAAAY to early.

"Oh look. Peter get's fired from the Bugle."
    "WHAAAAAAT?!?!? HOW DAAAAAAARE THEY!!!! SPIDER-MAN IS RUINED FOREVER AGAAAAAIN!!!"

Seriously, how about we wait until either one of us reads the issue or an article about it pops up online before we start talking about how Joe Q. put another nail in Spidey's coffin.

15. swampflight

swampflight Banned

I've been around longer than you think.

I'm not trying to start an arguement,I'm just saying everyone has a right to express an opinion about something whether you like it or not.If you have a passion for Quesada's work,thats cool and if you want to defend that,thats cool too but other people can express how they feel as well and personaly,if Spidey had a drug addiction,I dont think it would sell more copies anyway because the whole comic has gone in the shitter to begin with since 2001.

16. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    look I can type in the title bar too.

I think your missing the point, Primal was stating that it seems odd how rage filled some have got over half a bite of information. Make all the opinions you want, but being a little thoughtful before you go "End of the world!!1!" helps make for a better discussion.

Have they ever done a story before about a superhero not being able to fund himself and the how it breaks his heart to struggle to protect those he wants to? I'm not very clued up on my comic history :eek: 

17. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Isn't that basically Spidey?

Not too sure about the modern issues, but the original ASM series had him being perpetually broke and financially unstable. He even once wanted to patent his web formula and license it to a glue company to earn some money, iirc.

18. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some of you missed an important part of my argument, which was the split between Peter and Mary Jane. Firing him is just Joe Q. kicking the character while he's down.

19. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I'm starting to think Quesada is the one on crystal meth.

20. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

So basically your just using this as an excuse to start a thread to piss and moan about Quesada and OMD/BND? We've already had a couple of those and there are millions more on the rest of the internet.

Or more likely running a story thats relavent and relatable to the readers, which is exactly what made Marvel (Spider-Man in particular) popular in the first place.

I know that this may be a radical suggestion, but you could always read something else if you don't like current Spider-Man books.