Spiderman 3, now on DVD!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by tinlunlau, Sep 22, 2007.

1. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Well-Known Member

I know it's coming out in North America sometime in late October but the Hong Kong region 3 edition is out and is pretty much the same thing in terms of the DVD quality and special features. Bought it early this week with pics to prove here. Took some time to take a few screenshots of the DVD for those who want to see how the video fares. I'll take screenshots of the menu screens but don't expect much. Compared to the DVD releases of the first two Spidey movie on DVD, this menu screen is pretty lifeless and mute.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The two disc set comes bundled with 2 button pins that doesn't really come in good use at all. But it was nice that they tried to give something extra. Also out on DVD early in Hong Kong is "Ocean's 13", WHV(HK)'s release comes bundled with 3 cup holders.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It's a shame the film sucked ass :( 

3. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    yea i too was thoroughly dissappointed by it....but...i'll probably get it since i have a comicbook movie collection going

4. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I always ecpect comic book movies to be way off in terms of story but I thought the film was good for the effects. Can you tell me what extras are on the bonus disk.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had my problems with it but I still defended the hell out of it in all the discussion earlier in the year so I'm tired of all that. I'll just say - hey, cool, and I also would like to know about the extras

6. tinlunlau

Well, for starters, I found an easter egg somewhere on disc 2. Something about gag music or some sort. I wasn't really paying attention because I lost my glasses at Canada's Wonderland last weekend and I basically can't see a damned thing. I remember having to highlight on Spidey's eyes in order to access the hidden featurette. There was also a featurette on the music and overall sound of the film, one on Sandman and one on the love triangle aspect of the movie. There was also a retrospective look on the relationship between Harry, Peter and MJ. Several featurettes on the special effects and etc. The special features disc was pretty packed from what I see here. Probably alot more packed than Spidey 1 & 2.

7. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Well that's good. Listen to any commentary tracks yet?

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Good ?. I am a commentary track freak also.

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

My sentiments exactly.

10. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

it came out in Australia last week. i would only ever buy this movie if it had deleted scenes. sadly i didnt see it listed on the back of the dvd case. so i still refuse to buy it.

and it didnt suck arse. it was just incredably average. no wait, your right it sucked.

11. Ktulu

News Credits:
    It's not good or bad, as with anything, some people like it, some don't

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Same here venom should of diffently been larger and the action scenes should of been done way better

13. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...lets see the movie was indeed anti climating...I mean I remember getting out and saying ."I think harry watched too much Eureka seven"-Ill admit liking that new goblin but because to me the thing was so back to the future/ eureka seven...Ill admit also parker being mean to mary jane, and the only venom scene-there should have been more-

this movie was weird at best and even my spiderman Fanboy couldnt enjoy it as much.... pretty much felt....hollow

figth scenes are awesome though. Ill never deny liking them.

14. tinlunlau

haha! i was just watching the "Creating Venom" featurette and they showed how they used a huge pile of goo and try to re-create that with CG and make it look more menacing at the same time.

btw, there are 2 commentary tracks on the DVD. gonna pick up my new glasses today but too tired to check out more of the dvd. had no sleep. i would probably pick up the north american dvd but seeing how R1 is getting the shaft on the dvd release date, i settled with the hong kong dvd instead. besides, most of my non-chinese friends don't have region-free dvd player. therefore, they cannot borrow it since they can't play it.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought it was a great movie. At least as good as the first two. I really enjoyed both times I saw it in theaters.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Spidey 3 was bit of letdown but I like it still. Won't mind owning the DVD since I got the first two already.

17. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Except Uwe Boll movies and Batman and Robin. Those are just bad.

How easily you forget when trying to shove your ideals onto TFW members, Ktulu. For shame

18. tinlunlau

why are you replying to yourself?
    lol!

19. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    It was definately not the best in the trilogy. But still way better than a lot of crap movies out there. I will probably get the Blu-Ray when the trilogy releases in October. High-Def Spidey Trilogy FTMFW!!

20. Ktulu

News Credits:
    For attention of course. It worked, thank you :D 

I really want to hear the commentary on this and see what Raimi has to say about some of the dodgier elements, like Pete combing his hair down in the mirror bit. Oy. I was rather let down by such things, but I'm not one of the ones crying "LAWLLL HE WENT EMO COS EYE SHADOW AND HAIR" or anything