Spider-Man : Toxin 101 Class

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by D-Compose, Mar 27, 2007.

1. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
  2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Ugh. Toxin is one of the worst characters ever. The writer of the first mini didn't know what the @#$% her was doing, and the second one just sounds stupid from what I've read about it.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

^ Agreed

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Interesting. Might have to find the issues and check them out.

5. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I liked Toxin. He was fun. Loved when he broke Pat's laptop and tried replacing it with about 8 stolen ones. It's just too bad he hasn't been used recently. :( 

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No kidding. That "Venom vs Carnage" miniseries was just one big series of continuity errors and mischaracterization with a thin plot surrounding it.

I'm fairly confident that, like Scream/Donna and Hybrid before him, Toxin is destined to fade off into Marvel's Land of Forgotten Symbiotes...thankfully.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

If they keep with Scorpion-Venom, which seems as though they aren't as seen to the cover of Sensational Spider-Man, but they were...i'd like to see Scorp-Venom go the ways of Scream & Hybrid.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Milligan sucks for anything but X-Force. Venom Carnage was terribly riddled with errors that anyone should know. Black Cat founght alongside Venom against Carnage in Maximum Carnage. The fact he didn't know that was just stupid.

As for other symbiotes, whatever happened to the others. I know Hybrid was a combination of Riot, Scream and the other ones from Lethal Protector/Seperation Anxiety. But then Hybrid just disappeared. The Planet of the Symbiotes symbiotes were all killed after Carnage absorbed them and Venom let out a deadly sheirk.

9. Scantron

News Credits:
    Scream - Summary: One of the original five "Life Foundation" symbiotes from Lethal Protector. Eventually shown to be insane and killed the hosts of the other four Life Foundation symbiotes, believing that the symbiotes (and, by extension, their hosts) were evil. Later showed up helping symbiotes that survived Planet of the Symbiotes, apparently having 'gotten over' being schizophrenic and thinking symbiotes were evil. Disappeared into comic book limbo after the astonishingly crappy Venom/Wolverine: Tooth and Claw miniseries.

Hybrid - Summary: Combination of the other four, hostless, Life Foundation symbiotes which bonded with a crippled former Vault Guardsman. Somehow (never explained), the new host got along with all four aliens and could control them, even though the Separation Anxiety miniseries made a big point about how these symbiotes couldn't be controlled by their hosts. Anyway...Hybrid starred in a couple of back-ups during the Venom miniseries where he fought gangs to clean up the 'hood where he lived and then fought the Jury, respectively. IIRC, he only got the two back-up stories before disappearing into comic book limbo.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

That sucks, I liked him.

And while it's been a while since I read that mini, I think the problem wasn't so much that the symbiotes couldn't be controled, just that they weren't communicating with thier hosts like Brock's was.

11. OmegaScourge

didn't know that about Hybrid....now it seems as though Toxin was a try-again story for Hybrid.

12. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who actually liked Venom Vs Carnage? Sure, it had it's stuff ups, but I just thought of it as non-continuity (even though it was supposed to be)

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    IMO the ONLY decent thing to ever come out of the entire "Saga of the alien costume" was Venom.

14. Boggs6ft7

Hybrid was such a crappy character. I'm not sure which one came first, but he was the same as M.A.N.T.I.S. Not sure if anyone remembers that TV show or if they were lucky enough to push it from their minds.

15. Scantron

News Credits:
    When I read the first issue of VvsC, I actually thought it was an alternate continuity, due to the various screw-ups (plus the lack of any indication when in the Spider-Man timeline this takes place). The second issue, I still wasn't sure, and by the third issue, I realized it was supposed to be 616 but the writer hadn't researched the characters enough.

I don't remember MANTIS, but Hybrid was terrible for me because he was such a stereotypical "angry black guy" character.

16. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    sooo many symbiotes... sooo little time. Marvel really knew how to suck the life out of an idea dry.... hmmm.. maybe Marvel is a sister company of Hasbro. The different symbiotes are kinda like repaints, aren't they ? ;) 

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    no, youre not alone. i dug it, but i wasnt a huge spiderman fan at the time, so i may have missed any errors...and i love toxin...i think he's just great. loved his little mini (though the villian was lame, but whatever) and loved his birth too....love the toy i have of him and wish marvel would do more with him. i know marvel has overused the symbiote thing, but i still dig it...dont know to much about the other symbiotes running around (and working at convenience stores right now) but i bet we see more of them soon, cuz IIRC the next arc of mighty avengers deals with a symbiote invasion or something, so we're bound to see more soon enough.

18. OmegaScourge

good one...:lol 

i too liked Toxin.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

'ey! I like M.A.N.T.I.S.! Yeah, it's cheesy as hell, but that's most of the fun! I own the whole series on DVD!

20. Boggs6ft7

Well the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem, I'm glad you were brave enough to admit that you own the series on DVD.

I'm more shocked it was actually put on DVD.