Spider-Man (PS4)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eagc7, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Ahh sweet. Nice subtle one.

But am I the only one who keeps thinking a certain news channel is breaking into the game every time Jameson comes on? o_O 

2. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180911172459.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blackout32

Blackout32 Vinnie Paul Abbott = we miss you

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Anyone on here bought the game and finished it already. I've seen some play through videos and i wanna get it but i have other things right now that are important first. Maybe down the road say around Christmas i might be able to get it.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been playing off and on when i can and i haven't gotten past Act 1. I've done tons of side stuff and gotten that all done. Up to level 28 or so right now. I've completed finding all the backpacks, all research stations, all land mark photos,all Fisk sites, All Demon sites, All Black Cat, and just got a few TaskMaster challenges done.

I just have fun messing around alot. So far the story is really good. Once you get the hang of things it becomes easier. Helps to think outside the box. I just unlocked the Stealth and Combat Taskmaster challenges. First Stealth i did was on the dock. I failed several times. I moved on and found a different one. I failed a few times. Then tried something new. I did the web mine and got a pair of guys at the same time. I got farther. I kept trying a slightly different pattern after the mine and eventually got the second reward level of it and won. Trophy and 2 chalkenge tokens. I had been doing too much like Batman Arkham style. Add a change and it was easier. Combat was easy. Dodge, air toss juggle, spider drone, etc. Got silver first time and another trophy. The bomb ones i need to figure out how to rack up points on those.

It is fun. Sometimes realize that it may seem like you need to get to next mission right now, you can do it at any time. Go collect stuff, get xp and level up. Then "go get em Tiger." As MJ would say.

Also found the ghostbuster firehouse. Financial district near a research station on the west side. Look for an empty triangle on the map. You will find a mini park. Go west. If you go in back there is a ghost grafitti on the wall.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    I’m just about done. All I have left it to do the random collectibles and Taskmaster’s missions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Haven't finished it yet, so pretty please refrain from spoilers a tinsy bit longer. I mean, post them, but keep them blackened, pretty please?

7. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

I plan on picking this up over the weekend. For those of you who've played it so far, what score would you give it out of 10? IGN, who I normally trust, gave it a 8.7 out of 10. I want to see what REAL people think of the game.

8. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I give it a 8.5 or 9 out of 10. i love it! but some things about combat bug me, but it's getting easier everyday as i figure out the mechanics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    8/10. The game is not without it’s flaws, the combat could be a bit more direct and some of the missions get a little tedious, but overall it’s great, well polished game. The story also really shines too, being one of the best Spiderman stories I’ve seen and that mainly is due to the dynamic between Peter and the final antagonist of them game. The dynamic between the characters, especially those two, is amazing.

EDIT: Well, mostly polished. :lol 

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I'm really thinking about picking up a PS4 for this game.

Maybe Drunk Hulk will find a good Black Friday sale this year like he did for my Xbox One 3 years ago :lol 

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    You shouldn’t get a PS4 for this game. You should get a PS4 for all the other amazing games exclusive to the platform.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those who hate the puzzles you can turn them off! More games need that option!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. ShinGi

ShinGi Mad Titan

Ive been an PC gamer my entire life but seeing the PS4 library has seriously made me change my opinion. This, GoW, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima , Last of US ( im probably forgetting a lot of as well). This is probably one of the best game collection for any system

14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    I have fucking had it with these goddamn bases. There is no point in making me fight six waves of 15 enemies. It’s tedious, plain and simple, and it’s bullshit.

The library for the PS4 is insane. If your like me and love a lot of Japanese games like JRPGs and visual novels, it’s unparalleled. Truly the best system of this console cycle, and TBH I don’t think Microsoft will be able to beat their library even in the next without really upping their game.

15. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Oh there's more than just Spider-Man that I want to play. Kingdom Hearts, God of War, and more.

I did buy the N64 for Zelda TOot back in the day. I don't think I bought any other games for the system :lol 

16. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    Yeah, I made the mistake of buying a Switch just to play Xenoblade 2, and then wound up not liking the game as much as I thought I would, with the next two games I wanted for the console not coming out until February, I got rid of it.

Glad to hear about the other games though. I don’t think a single game is worth getting a system for, but a library of good games is. You’ll have plenty of choice with a PS4, lots of great titles in different genres.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When i was looking to get a new system a month or so ago i debated what to get. I liked the switch, but other than about 5-6 games nothing interested me. Plus they never get GTA or Red Dead Redemption. RDR2 was a reason i wanted a new consol. I went PS4 because it had lots of exclusives like Spiderman. Not a single game, but a few exclusives along with the big main game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Goddamn, I’m just past a certain part in the main story and my god do I feel so much pain for poor Spidey. He just can’t catch a break when he gets thrown around twice by the last antagonist.

I’m loving the story and the characters, but the combat is a pain in the ass to get used to. Not sure how many times I’ve died or been discovered.

19. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Okay, okay! I finished the game and I friggin loved it! I really hope they do a sequel, there's so much they could do with it, and wow! The ending, the characters, the feels, they killed me! I loved it! Please can Insomniac do a sequel with the same team? Please? Please?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ShinGi

ShinGi Mad Titan

After its success a sequel is a no brainer