Spider-Man House of M #3

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switchblade, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, how's that for a kick in the head?

Spoiler Space

Not yet, keep going.

I'd been assuming since day one that the Green Goblin wouldn't be Norman Osborn, far too predictable. I'd actually been thinking it might be Gwen up until I saw the advance cover for issue #4. From that point on I had a pretty good guess who the Goblin really was. Still, the unmasking was a great scene. Kudos to Mr. Larocca. Now I'm curious to see how the hell they're going to explain this. Why is Peter doing this to himself? I hope they come up with a really good explanation, not something lame like mind control.

Gotta wonder how this will tie in with the main House of M series, though. After HoM #5 it looks like there's no way the two will be able to tie together. I'm hoping Marvel's editorial staff is smarter than that. What's the point in having high profile spin-offs of the main House of M series if they're not going to contradict each other?

And lastly, was it just me or was it a hoot watching Jameson go nuts reading Peter's diary on live television? :lol 

2. BillsToys83

BillsToys83 <b>Botcon 2006 Dealer</b>

I would say that is not the real Goblin, and someone mind whammy Peter to wear the costume and act like the Goblin

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Didn't read yet, didn't look! ARGH!

Ultimate Spiderman Annual took precidence. And it was worth it

4. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that was a big WTF right there. Could it be a clone of Spiderman?

5. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I wouldn't mind Ben Reillys return at all. Even IF it turned him psycho spider-goblin or something.

I mean; maybe. MAYBE HOM can fix up the mess that is the clone saga and put it back into continuity again without the creators feeling ashamed of it.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Ben Reilly coming back would rooooooooock my socks.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was under the impression that Spider-man knows that this HOM reality is false so he is doing this to himself to try to correct it?

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main series and the Spider-Man spin-off aren't really connecting so far. It looks like the two are actually existing in total defiance of each other, really. So event hough Spidey met Layla in HoM #5, he hasn't in the spin-off. It's going to get horribly confusing if they don't do something to address it. :( 

And as much as I love Ben Reilly, I hope this isn't him. There's far more potential story in Spidey doing this to himself than in the clone doing it.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think it's him. Few reasons.
    1- How could Peter get from street level to finding the Rhino AND changing to Goblin in the amoun tof time he did?
    2- We didn't actually SEE the Goblin in the sewers, only a shadow with eyes
    3- Mark Waid is better than that

10. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Shit, at this point I don't care WHO the Goblin ends up being, as long as this continues to be one of the coolest "Elseworlds"-style books that I've read in a LONG time!!!

And I'll actually be kind of stoked if it is Ben Reilly, and this is Marvel fixing up that mess.