[Spider-Man] Does Whatever a Spider Can

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Transfotaku, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I like Spider-Man. Not the comics. And only a bit of the movies. And not really the cartoon.

But I still like him, mostly in theory. And because I grew up w/him. He's one of the few Marvel guys I grew up with as a kid, thanks to the toons of his in the 80s. And I do like his older stories, and a rare few of the better ones.

And I love me my 6" articulated figures. Which brings up the point of this post:

I'm trying to collect all the OFFICIAL variations of Spider-Man's outfits. I got a bunch already, and want to know what I'm missing, and what you all suggest I should get.

From the new toyline out, I got the Iron Spider-Man and the one with the Baxter sign (now in Hulk's grip). Saw the 90s Armored Spidey will be coming out in that line. From Target's Rulk wave, I got Black Spidey. From SM2 movie I got the one w/the billboard thing. Got Crossovers cycle Spidey (being ridden by Movie of course). I got the classic blue and red from ML, and Origins 2099 version also. I also got regular Spectacular cartoon one, the Wal-Mart Ares wave Ben Reilly, and a magnetic one from a playset with big eyes that I like to think is some sort of alt-universe Deadpool or something.

What else am I missing? Megamorphs? Black suit from movie. Armored silver thing from the 90s (is it out yet?). A modern styled comic symbiote? I know I'm missing ML Wave...10 or 11, Sentinel wave's, First Appearance one. They ever do like, 6 armed Spidey? Mangaverse? Ultimates? Japanese 'sentai' Supaidaman? India?

Remember, they gotta be 6" scale and nicely articulated (DCUC/Marvel Legends quality). I know Soul of Chogokin has Leopoldan w/a to scale mini (like, micro-machines mini) Supaidaman, but he's of course way too small.

Any help is appreciated!

Also, if anyone has suggestions in the same theme for Superman and Batman, I'd be listening. Hulk might be cool too, if only for a nice symmetry between the companies...and Hulk has some great variations. I got wave 1 DCUC Batman and the grey Batman from DSH wave...2? 1? And Batman Beyond incoming. Blue Supes, Eradicator, regular, black shield (which I still haven't opened)...

And yeah, I don't need the guys to be Peter Parker/Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent either. So long as they have the name/title and are the hero of their era/setting. Elseworlds styles are great (if only DC Direct had articulation, damn them!), future versions like Spidey 2099/Bats Beyond are great, even alternate variations (Spidey India, Supaidaman, etc) are great.

Any help appreciated. Thanks all!

2. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

3. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a Mangaverse Spidey.

There's been so many Spider-Man toy lines over the years with many different Spideys in each one, I don't know how you even begin to get a complete checklist. Maybe some Spider-Man-specific fansite out there has one. Not to mention the toy lines that encompass all of Marvel and have some Spider-Mans in them.

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Did you get the variant clear red Iron Spider figure as well? I wish they would have made a Captain Universe Cosmic Spidey fig.

I remember that Mangaverse Spiderman figure, had a wall and ratcheting pull cord accessory or something.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

This website might help: MarvelLegends.net.
    In fact, this might be really helpful. I don't see the Spider-Armor there, though.

Update: This is a bit out of date, but it might still be useful. There was a "web armor" Spidey in the animated toy line from the 1990s, but the website says they're 5" and not 6". I don't know.

6. Transfotaku

The back of the box of the Spidey w/Baxter st sign (which I have as 'Modern Spidey' - post Civil War) has a pic of the Armor Spidey. I haven't seen it yet, but it is a cross-sell on my package. Hopefully in the next wave huh? And Hoodie Scarlet is good, but he usually goes for $100. I'd get him for sure, since he definitely fits in the theme I'm going for, but...I'd rather get a ton of other figures for the same cost. ;) 

And Man-Spider! Hmmm, gotta try that one.

That's the problem in a nutshell: There's been so many toy lines that are Spidey based, or has Spidey in it, that I'm having problems tracking them. Add in the fact I only want 6" and nicely articulated so they all fit together, and it makes it harder. Some lines were only 5" and basic articulation, some are 12" and super extremely articulated (okay, so I gotta get that one still, if only for an alt-universe 'land of giant' style Spidey or something).

Cap'n Uni Spidey would be cool. I got the regular ISM figure. They only had one at the Wal-Mart, and none at the Target, and I never saw an ISM at either again, so, that's a hard one to find. Which is okay w/me, I'd rather have the 'real' ISM, and not ISM in invisible mode seen on 3 panels.

The old 90s animated line isn't bad, but it's only got basic articulation. Head can spin, shoulders, hips. Some may have elbows or knees and only sometimes both. I'd love to see some of those old toys redone though. Or at least, more of the other guys they had. I don't think we need the classic blue+red Spidey for a 50th time across 5 lines.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I'll be able to find some more info. And then share pics later on, once I get my new camera to take pics with.

7. Icetron

Ah, I see. If by 'armor' you mean 'iron' then I'd recommend the clear version, it's a lot nicer. I posted a pic of it yesterday in the non-TF pics thread.

[​IMG]

When you said armored I thought it was the alternate reality Spider-man, who's similar to Tony Stark in personality. His suit is a silver armor, heavier than the regular Spidey suit.

Spider Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]

8. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    the black and silver armor spidey was somthing he came up with for fighting venom at one time, i have one of the figs for it that came out AWHILE back but it has almost no articulation compared to legends, if i could request another Spidey id want an actual Scarlet hoodied spider, or heck even a Kane would be cool, the clone wars had like 5 random weird ppl show up to be clones

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That's incorrect. Leopaldon comes with more than just the miniature to-scale Supaida, as seen here. The problem is, the vinyl Soul of Sofubi Spider-Man that's included is not poseable, certainly not like a Marvel Legend anyway. Still, if you're enough of a fan to even consider getting Leopaldon, at least you'd have a Japanese Spidey of some kind, because there's no way Hasbro's ever going to touch that.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The spider armour was used in one issue for fighting the New Enforcers, not Venom. And I think the figure you're talking about is the 90s Animated series one (which I also own), and yes it has almost no articulation whatsoever (looks great with other figures from the line though).

11. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

what's the 90s Armoured Spidey you're talking about? any pictures btw?

threads need pictures..

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The silver-looking Spider-Man that's in that image from the cartoon. Basically, that's it.

13. Transfotaku

Armored Spidey, the one from the one issue in the 90s, that was bulletproof but he didn't like. That's Armored Spidey, who, in the cartoon, was represented in the armor. Iron Spidey is of course, the red and yellow one gifted by Tony. Got all the guys in your first pic btw except the one in front with the darker lines. Cool poses.

Leopaldon comes with a ML scale Supaidaman? Hell ya! I'll be grabbing that as my first SoC whenever I can afford it. Thanks for letting me know, awesome. Can't go wrong with a Tokusatsu style Spider-Man!

14. Icetron

Thanks. :D  I just wish the Ben Reilly Spider-man could do some better poses, can't really think of any good ones.