Spider-Man - Brand New Day: Mystery Artist Debut

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 23, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Link to see pictures of the mysterious artist (spoilers below to see who i think it most likely is)

and this is the first i've heard about Sensational and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man being cancelled.

SPOILER: It's most likely Chris Bachalo

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't stand his art. He completely ruined that Ult X-men Proteus arc for me. Glad I don't read Sper-man any longer.

3. OmegaScourge

dont know if publishing the same title 3x a month is a good thing or not...as with having 3x different titles, you get to choose which one you wanted (some titles were better than the others)...now it's just one...and most people i see dont like his art.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If it is Bachalo, that's great news. I read X-Men and I hate his art there. Having him move on would be great. :D 

It's a pity, really. Bachalo used to be one of the best artists out there. But then he started cramming so much detail into every panel that you can never tell what exactly is going on. Looking at his Generation X run and his current stuff is just plain sad.

5. OmegaScourge

yeah, the two artists who's doing the X-Men titles, Bachalo and Ramos....their art changed big time....Bachalo was good when he was doing Generation X and Ramos when he was Impulse and Crimson.

Bachalo changed his art when he did Steampunk....Ramos changed his art when he was doing Out There and Marvel stuff at the same time.

kinda sucks that the art got worse and not better.

but your right, its kinda good that he's moving to a title that i dont (or plan on) buying.

6. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I gotta agree with your assumption--in that first teaser image, look at the way that Spidey's foot is outlined. The outline technique is very Bachalo.

And speaking of the "Spidey foot" teaser, when did he start wearing the red & blue again?

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Apparently he goes back to red abd blues in One More Day.

I would have liked Back in Black to last a while, not just be a 6 month movie plug.

8. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    'Those who think we put him in the suit to coencide with the movie are only 10% correct..."

Save the pants... because the shoes are lost....