Spider-Man 4 Villain? UPDATE - NO

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Electro? Copied and pasted from comics to film
    SPIDER-MAN 4 Villain Talk

The New York Post chatted up producer Todd Black, who's out doing the press rounds for 'Pelham 1 2 3'. He's also a producer on 'Spider-Man 4'.
    They did manage to get a few details on the super-secret project. Black told the Post that Kirsten Dunst is definitely set to return as Mary Jane. However, Black has thankfully heard nothing of a potential wedding happening in this movie. The producer also gave a definitive thumbs-down to rumors that Morbius, the living vampire would appear in the film.
    Black did say this about the story's villain, who will definitely be drawn from the classic rogues gallery: "We're just coming up with who the villain's going to be now. We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."
    Let the speculation begin!
    "It'll be a big part of New York," you say? This has every website jumping on the Kingpin bandwagon, given that he practically runs the town. However, in the past having the Kingpin tied to the 'Daredevil' franchise (which was and still is at 20th Century Fox) seems to preclude the character from appearing in a Sony/Marvel venture. Unless, of course, Marvel has done some horse-trading, granting Deadpool to Fox to free Kingpin for Spider-Man. That seems a bit far-fetched though.
    So who else is New York centric? Many of the Spider-Man villains are based there.
    I'm going with Electro as a wild guess. He's not tied to the city in any specific way, but I'm old enough to remember the black out of 1977. An electricity powered villain could plunge the city into darkness and cause all kinds of chaos. So that's my pick.
    The Vulture is a also a classic villain that's been under-utilized. I can picture many a cool set piece of ariel chases and dog fights through the canyons of the city. Of course, that could happen with many flying villains as well.
    And, at the end of the day, can we even trust Black's cryptic remark to be any indicator? Or is it just a red herring?

2. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

The Kingpin sounds likely.

However, the Lizard would also qualify because of the urban myth about alligators in the New York sewer system.

We'll see.

-SS

3. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I never liked Morbius. He was better as a foil for 'Blade'. Was he ever in a Blade film? I haven't seen Blade 2/3.

Two names: 'Carnage' and 'Shocker'.
    Cletus Kassady takes some students hostage in the school and whilst trashing Connor's office in a rage he releases the symbiote sample. Easy.
    The hard part is trying to differantiate him from Venom.
    Being simply red won't cut it. He is leaner and toner than Venom, but since Brock was pretty puny in SPM3, Venom was already pretty lean.

Herman Schulz designs seismic equipment, his new invention are gloves that emit shockwaves to allow miners to clear rock without TNT. His business is bought by Oscorp who bury it and he seeks retribution as the 'Shocker'.
    The costume may need an update, but he's easier to realise than Electro, who I also had in mind.

4. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

both of those actually sound really good...
    but if yer gonna have carnage in connors college why not have him turn into lizard, could be like carnage trying to kill him but turns him into the lizard instead

5. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Kingpin, Shocker and The Lizard in Spidey 4, with Electro/Red Skull/Cap in Spidey 5 after Avengers

6. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i still say carnage is majorly far fetched, becasue Raimi never liked Venom in the first place and u see what he did to him. i doubt he will allow another symbote.

7. Hand Of Omega

Yeh, I enjoyed SPM3 but Venom was very short changed. Still, if I had to pick another villain to go with Shocker, either the Lizard or Mysterio.

Mysterio would rock actually. I even think his dome would be doable and look great as well.
    Quentin Beck could still have a special effects background, but also be a student of the late Professor Strom (killed in SPM1).
    Why does he do it? Perhaps to frame Spidey and discredit him after some negative experience or just because he's a practical effects man and CG cost him his job? :lol 

[​IMG]

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Nope. As far I know, all the villians Blade ever fought against in the movies, save the one in the #1st film (I might be wrong about that), were original characters for the films.

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, I say hell yes to that!

Why?

Well, just imagine the zaniness and scary pop-out at you from nowhere-ness of the Evil Dead films being what Mysterio would be like and replace Ash with Spider-Man. Even better if he teams up with a character Bruce Campbell plays or if Campbell himself ends up playing Beck!

I mean there's so much potential to what you can do with Mysterio. You could even approach it like if in a fight he makes an illusion that convinces Parker that the battle was all just a dream when in fact he is merely trapped in a fake world generated by Mysterio unaware and going on with his day to day life until *SURPRISE!* he discovers he's still inside the virtual hell Mysterio has trapped him in. (To further understand my idea go rent the film "1408." There's a part where the main character thinks he has escaped the haunted hotel room, only to realize it's an illusion made by the room and he's still stuck inside and still needs to find a way of escape.)

If done right, Mysterio could be an incredibly formidable villain who messes with your mind to such levels that it leaves you questioning what is reality. Like if Parker is pushed to the point where he feels the need to jump off a building with no safety net to test if the world he is in is real or a fake world made by Mysterio. That could be a crazy moment right there.

10. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

that sounds like an awesome movie! they really need to have mysterio...

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe they should get 6 villians join forces to stop Spider-Man and Iron MAN.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'll agree that making a movie solely around the Lizard would be fairly dull and that a secondary villain needs to be added. But the Lizard's biggest power was being the lizard. That alone was power enough to give Spidey a hard time. And the action scenes they could do with them in a film would be incredible.

And as for a secondary villain, if anyone, I would most want to see Mysterio. Combine his special effects and traps with a massive fight between Spiderman and The Lizard and it would make for an epic battle. And I agree Bruce Campbell should be somehow related to Mysterio, if not actually being old Fishbowl himself.

13. Hand Of Omega

Cool. Especially the idea of Campbell playing Beck. That would work marvellously. If you've seen 'My Name Is Bruce' then the low, self centered has been role suits him well!! :thumbs2:  Bruce is a B-movie god.

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I think the Lizard may work but how about Electro? He is one of Spidey's early foes. Then again the ground for the lizard has already been laid since we have seen Curt Connors on film already.

15. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. I agree

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Morbius is cool can't hate on him but hopefully they throw in someone else(Lizard I am looking at you)

17. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Spiderman 3 was fukn awsum

18. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

VENOM! again!

19. Hand Of Omega

I agree. My only gripe is Peter's character development whilst he wore the symbiote. In the animated shows and the comic, he got cocky and arrogant for sure, but it was mean spirited and blunt. Not wacky emo-style personality dyslexia.

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Maybe if you were high during the movie it might of been but otherwise a flaming piece of crap.Hopefully this movie can redeem it self.